Brand New to the Wilson Family.

madjts

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello people,
Just got the word today to come in and get the physical and drug screen. Will be running shuttle to start.
Any info that you guys care to share about the job? I am looking forward to working for a good company. From what I have heard this is a fine place to land.

will keep u drivers posted:smilie_132:

Will be running out of Valdosta, Ga. term.
I am looking forward to getting started. Looks like a week from monday, the 23rd. I understand I will have to brush up on double clutching, man its been a while since that happened. :biglaugh:
Thanks to everyone for the welcome :1036316054:

Great

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.You will find Wilson to be the best you ever worked for.I have benn driving for 12 years and worked alot of places then came to Wilson and love it.Been on the road for 2 yrs out of Charlotte,NC:butt kiss: :hysterical:

Feeing good about it

Really good to hear that about a new job from people who are working it. I have been driving for the last ten years and the last three as an owner/operator running under my own authority. That was interesting for a while but lost my best shipper and it lost its flavor from there. I had been pestering FedEx freight, Wilson, Saia, for a while and feel really fortunate to have landed with Wilson. I knew after reading the posts about the company and the high praise for them coming from more than one or two drivers, that's where I wanted to be. Thanks for the posts.

later on:smilie_132:

Good to hear

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.You will find Wilson to be the best you ever worked for.I have benn driving for 12 years and worked alot of places then came to Wilson and love it.Been on the road for 2 yrs out of Charlotte,NC:butt kiss: :hysterical:

Are you driving linehaul? Like I said will be starting as shuttle first two months but the terminal manager tells me that a man declined the linehaul so after the probation period he would plug me in. Hate to jinx it but if it happens that would be great. Was expecting to wait for yrs for linehaul.
What can you tell me about shuttle? I understand its a mixed bag?

Later on:smilie_132:

Are you driving linehaul? Like I said will be starting as shuttle first two months but the terminal manager tells me that a man declined the linehaul so after the probation period he would plug me in. Hate to jinx it but if it happens that would be great. Was expecting to wait for yrs for linehaul.
What can you tell me about shuttle? I understand its a mixed bag?

Later on:smilie_132:

Our shuttle driver in GBO runs to Roanoke every night,works the dock for a couple of hours and drives back to GBO 99% of the time.Advantages would be descent pay and home everyday.Disadvantages would be a moneytary issue only,IMO.....I think the next 6 months would be a good time for shuttle drivers who want to come on the road.I dont see a long waiting period,especially down your way.

A9fan is right,you should be in a good postion down there.The line haul lanes for your term. is pretty good.We have a former owner/operator in jax who wouldn't never go back,he was o/o for 10 yrs. I was one for 1yr and lost my pants.Once you get in line haul it will only take you 1 yr to get to top pay.Send me a private message and i will tell you what that is if you don't already know.Also because of were you are ,you working the dock will be short lived.

Welcome, shuttle driver! Whenever I got started, I had to run local for 2 mos b4 they let me do anything else...Is that what you were told?

Thanks for the welcome ONE

Welcome, shuttle driver! Whenever I got started, I had to run local for 2 mos b4 they let me do anything else...Is that what you were told?

That is the same for me. Understand it is company policy. Then someone from Virginia comes down and GO's me or NO GO's me before they turn me loose on the open road. Sound something like that?

later on
madjts

Welocme

Welcome madjts to the 'wilson family I'm out of Jax and was a o/o for about 14 yrs. Had my on authr. too, what a waste of time. you haven't gone wrong here easiest FAMILY OWNED company to work for ever. I'm very happy I see me retiring here. BigW-RD :smilie_132:

Madjts

A word of caution, watch out for that Wilson driver they call Big Bird, he dresses funny and walks sort of crooked (yellow and stalky), you've been warned. I'm not going to call him a sidewalk sis-- , but you know what I mean. He's not real easy on the eyes!!!!
BigW-RD :hysterical: :biglaugh:

A word of caution, watch out for that Wilson driver they call Big Bird, he dresses funny and walks sort of crooked (yellow and stalky), you've been warned. I'm not going to call him a sidewalk sis-- , but you know what I mean. He's not real easy on the eyes!!!!
BigW-RD :hysterical: :biglaugh:

Pot,meet the kettle:hysterical:

Another thing you two have in common is you guys suck in fantasy sports.RD,I hope you can join in the GREENSBORO fantasy football league this year too.Everyone called it Bigbirds league but since Greensboro dominated it last year,this year we should rename it..:nutkick:

bigwrd,i am going to kill you,the new guy doesn't know me,krackerhead,i am the ultimate Wilson driver and you know it,btw a9fan is right,gbo did kill us in my fantasy football,madjts we also do fantasy racin so if you want to play next season let me know,ps roto,i got another email to write,you know what i mean

Seeing $$$

bigwrd,i am going to kill you,the new guy doesn't know me,krackerhead,i am the ultimate Wilson driver and you know it,btw a9fan is right,gbo did kill us in my fantasy football,madjts we also do fantasy racin so if you want to play next season let me know,ps roto,i got another email to write,you know what i mean

Easy guys I haven't earned a dime yet and ya'll trying to take money I ain't even earned. Or is this a " Just for fun league"??? Wink Wink. Naw but that sounds like fun. :beerchug: Not the biggest race fan but fantasy football, Your on.:beerchug: I have to warn you, I was the '06 Champion of my fantasy football league on yahoo public league.:Duel: Ok Ok, just putting that out there.:funky: