Break Down

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So today was really a great day at work, we were pretty busy had a couple heavy deliveries to make and I got to the store to load up my truck to go out and make my morning deliveries and my truck broke down to where I couldn't use it to deliver. I started it up and it started rough and stalled out.

So I called another driver who runs the route one town over and he came and took a couple of mine, but couldn't do it all and then he had to go and run his route. So this was quite the conundrum, eventually the company had me go and get a rental van from U-Haul. I hate to say it, but the rental van was kind of nice, it only had 9,000 miles on the odometer still smelled like new on the inside. Any how I was way late at making all of my deliveries was running pretty fast in the afternoon and it sucked to, because I was in a rental vehicle that didn't have my normal set of tools, I had no two wheeler and I was missing my clip board that I use. I mean it's only liquor so I can manage for a day without a two wheeler, wouldn't want to do it everyday like that, but one day of my life I can make it work.

Any how Monday my truck is going to the shop I think it's an 02 censor or bad fuel injector it's some electronic part that has decided to stop working, the truck does run and drive, but it idles rough and runs hard. Actually my truck is a pretty good truck it was just some electronic piece that has decided it has had enough and today it was going to stop working.

The liquor store I work out of said "How are you going to make any money today if your truck broke?" I replied "I guess I am not making any money today." It was a hassle and killed all morning, I work as an independent contractor and the company I work for is a good company, but there 60 miles away from where I work and most of the drivers are 60 miles away from where I work so they don't have resources to pull other people to do my route. I work for a fringe division of the company it's only 3 people where I work and were way far away from company headquarters. I literally worked 6 months at this place before I even saw my boss ha-ha no joke.