ABF | Break Downs

nooksack

TB Lurker
Credits
Whats the longest you have spent on the side of the road waiting for help?
I set a new record for myself this week, 7 Hours.

Whats the longest you have spent on the side of the road waiting for help?
I set a new record for myself this week, 7 Hours.
How did they justify 7 hours? I spent 5 1/2 hours when the alternator went in a 14000 last year. I had just crossed into ct and the only alternator available was in hartford, which was 2 hours away. I had to wait while he went to get it. It's a long wait.

Breakdown

Where were you & what was the breakdown? We have always tried to respond quickly to breakdowns from the Little Rock shop.
The company tried to farm out breakdowns especially tire failures to FleetNet recently. We filed on some service calls that were farmed out close to L.R. We can do service calls in less time & more cost effective than vendors. Some supervisors will spend a thousand company dollars to s**** labor out of a hundred.

Had a wheel bearing go out. Saw the smoke and by the time I got to the side of the road the hub was on fire. This was at 4:30 am so they had to get the mechanic out of bed. He got to me at 7:30 and told me he could do nothing because he needed to replace the axle and the hub. Dispatch said I had to wait untill the hook arrived. But they did send another driver to sit there so I could get back on the road. I left there at 11.30 . I guess company policy says you cant leave equipment on the side of the freeway. I cant really complain I made 154.00 sitting there watching the cars go by. I am going to put a good book in my tractor just in case this ever happens again.