Yellow | BREAKING NEWS ; ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRCW

Since ABF didn't have a say in the negotiation in the first place and signed on to whatever was negotiated to by the IBT and YRC, I don't see why they want a say in it now, they wanted out of the pension plans before the last contract talks(remember the wanted to negotiate for themselves) this is just the means to that end. Bottom line ABF wants out of the plan and is looking to negotiate a settlement to that end.

Since ABF didn't have a say in the negotiation in the first place and signed on to whatever was negotiated to by the IBT and YRC, I don't see why they want a say in it now, they wanted out of the pension plans before the last contract talks(remember the wanted to negotiate for themselves) this is just the means to that end. Bottom line ABF wants out of the plan and is looking to negotiate a settlement to that end.

you are probably right. They have said along that they can provide for their people better than the pension plan is. I think the S*** has just started to hit the fan.

OK, mud. Here's a hyperlink concerning an item in the HCB. Something that I've been talking about that will concern the members at YRCW, soon.

I listened to this program for years before I retired. Home - Coast to Coast AM
That show was a hoot. The funniest call I ever heard was from a lady who went into great detail describing a dream she had that she flew out of her bed and was flying through the sky backwards with her nightgown blown up over her head. Then she said she woke up and her anus was sore. George Norry tried to play it straight but then he totally lost it and couldn't stop laughing and had to go to a commercial break.

With Teamsters and YRCW agreeing ro extend the contract to 2015, that is a violation os NMFA. All signatory companies need to agree to extend the NMFA. All Teamsters covered under the NMFA also need to vote to accept or decline the extension. So by Teamsters and YRCW not allowing all participants to have their say they have directly violated the NMFA.

So, either Teamsters and YRCW will be ordered to pay up, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
the wonderful Teamsters Organization will allow ABF to force the same concessions upon it's Union Employee's.

That show was a hoot. The funniest call I ever heard was from a lady who went into great detail describing a dream she had that she flew out of her bed and was flying through the sky backwards with her nightgown blown up over her head. Then she said she woke up and her anus was sore. George Norry tried to play it straight but then he totally lost it and couldn't stop laughing and had to go to a commercial break.
Sounds like it was an alien implant.

ABF needs to try something,they couldn"t get anything from the teamsters who had the gonads to vote NO when asked for concesssions......Do you you think the IBT will fight for something now that it might affect Hoffa"s wallet instead of just ours????

Sorry I replied to the wrong quote, meant for a response to another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, ABF can very easily block the road to 309's/YRC's terminal in Chicago.

Well they can attempt too,,,but the road leading into and the side road to the parking lots actually belong to the City of Sauk Village, there is a speed limit sign of 10mph, although most do not heed it, but the cops can write you a speeding ticket, and I'm sure they will have the police out there enforcing, and issuing tickets if need be, for blocking the road.

Well they can attempt too,,,but the road leading into and the side road to the parking lots actually belong to the City of Sauk Village, there is a speed limit sign of 10mph, although most do not heed it, but the cops can write you a speeding ticket, and I'm sure they will have the police out there enforcing, and issuing tickets if need be, for blocking the road.
Jod, did you really think the post you responded to was worthy of a response? I mean come on, think about it.

I am surprised that everyone is surprised. What the IBT has agreed to with YRC is not what we all in the NMFA agreeded to. I see it as a contract is a contract. That is what ABF is filing suit about. If a company agreed to a contract and later says just kidding why should we all have to pay for it. You didn't see ABF going out and buying companies trying to be the biggest and baddest in the land. ABF has bought companies in the past and struggled for the decision but did they try to take down the whole industry in the process? They might have tried but it was voted down by teamsters who knew the company could come back. And they have. YRC made some bad business decisions and they want every worker to fix it for them.

When a person misses House Payments, many times the contract is amended so you can keep your house. When you miss car payments, many times the contract is amended to let you keep your car. It's really not unusual for businesses to work with banks to amend business contracts so they can continue in business. They followed the procedure called for under the NMFA, and the Teamsters approved it.

As long as it's a sanctioned Strike, half of the union membership from YRC would honor it, and the others like Supercourse would probably drive through the duck pond by 309, just to go around. :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it's a sanctioned Strike, half of the union membership from YRC would honor it, and the others like Supercourse would probably drive through the duck pond by 309, just to go around. :biglaugh:

If 50% plus 1 vote sanctioned the strike, I can't fathom anyone crossing the line. 69% voted yes, but you would somehow cross the vote if you could, apparently. I thought Majority Ruled?

If 50% plus 1 vote sanctioned the strike, I can't fathom anyone crossing the line. 69% voted yes, but you would somehow cross the vote if you could, apparently. I thought Majority Ruled?
You forgot where most of the No votes came from, apparently. Most Chicago drivers wouldn't have a problem honoring it. That's all paid clock time. I would park the truck and go to the strip club, sit back, get laid and paid. The foreign drivers would be the ones complaining, and some others would be asking as always if they get paid to sit still, or how they would get paid for all time spent. :hysterical:

You forgot where most of the No votes came from, apparently. Most Chicago drivers wouldn't have a problem honoring it. That's all paid clock time. I would park the truck and go to the strip club, sit back, get laid and paid. The foreign drivers would be the ones complaining, and some others would be asking as always if they get paid to sit still, or how they would get paid for all time spent. :hysterical:

So what are you trying to tell us here. That ABF is going to put up a picket line at YRC's 309 terminal?

Its funny how ABF claims, "A contract is a contract". Yet, 7 months ago, they tried to do the same thing. They wanted concessions too, but the employees voted it down. Now ABF is just mad because they dont think its fair that they have to pay 100%, but YRCW doesnt. But its funny how they are filing this suit on the grounds that YRCW shouldnt be able to change whats in the contract till the end of the 5 year term, yet they tried to do the same thing last spring. Which I would be willing to bet that YRCW lawyers bring that up, which would get the whole thing thrown out. Doesnt sound like ABF is any smarter than YRCW. What a waste of time and money. Dont worry YRCW employees, this will be thrown out before you know it.

Its funny how ABF claims, "A contract is a contract". Yet, 7 months ago, they tried to do the same thing. They wanted concessions too, but the employees voted it down. Now ABF is just mad because they dont think its fair that they have to pay 100%, but YRCW doesnt. But its funny how they are filing this suit on the grounds that YRCW shouldnt be able to change whats in the contract till the end of the 5 year term, yet they tried to do the same thing last spring.
Since the ABF concession attempt was after the YRCW concessions passed, ABF was just trying to stay on an even playing field. Just sayin.......

Since the ABF concession attempt was after the YRCW concessions passed, ABF was just trying to stay on an even playing field. Just sayin.......

ABF's concession attempt was after the first "2" concessions of YRC were passed, but not the 3rd. ABF voted on May 22 on their concessions. But YRC just passed their 3rd on October 20th. Just sayin.....

With Teamsters and YRCW agreeing ro extend the contract to 2015, that is a violation os NMFA. All signatory companies need to agree to extend the NMFA. All Teamsters covered under the NMFA also need to vote to accept or decline the extension. So by Teamsters and YRCW not allowing all participants to have their say they have directly violated the NMFA.

So, either Teamsters and YRCW will be ordered to pay up, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
the wonderful Teamsters Organization will allow ABF to force the same concessions upon it's Union Employee's.
Oh , so YRC cannot legally extend their NMFA 2 years ? Are they somehow legally bound to always agree with ABF on a contract ? I don't think so...Besides , enough with the steering wheel holding lawyer comments and opinions already , lets wait til the real lawyers argue it out, they will surely offer a solution and settlement to this suit......in about 15 years , most likely.

I can see this happening too. YRCW can easily shut the doors tomarrow or 12/31/10. Not just because of ABF's lawsuit, but because YRCW got the vote passed and now they no longer have to honor the (original contract).

This new contract doesn't start til 01/01/11, which also waves the old contract. Now, no one will be entitled to any pension contributions for the last 18 months. The $325 million just went to the investment bankers, as their payoff.

The investment bankers weren't going to make their money on the reverse split in the Stock Market. YRCW just covered their :eck13: with a lot of people's retirement money, by the use of the Homer Simpsons' of YRCW that voted Yes.

They can avoid pension payments all the way to 1 Jun 2011, so they can wait until 30 May 2011 to shut down.

what the hells a contract anyways . ask billy boy . its absolutly nothing at all . just a small hurdle.super bill can jump that im a single bound.
only people bound to a contract are the working teamsters .every1 else its just a game ...