Breaking news---harry is gone--replaced today.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...+Gilbert+Chief+Executive+Officer/7079898.html
I got 4 google alerts on this within 15 minutes.

WESTAMPTON, N.J., Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- New Century Transportation announced today that transportation industry veteran Terrence M. Gilbert, former president of Roadway Express, Inc., has been named the company's new Chief Executive Officer. Harry Muhlschlegel, the company's founder, is retiring from his operating role and will remain on the board of directors of New Century as Vice Chairman.

I'm sure as I type this post right now there are people from the "H" team updating their resumes, and going thru the trade papers. I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be a sweeping change in management and a used furniture sale on the dock.
This was long over due over there and maybe to late! As I said once before " When Harry leaves so does the freight"
Good luck guys and gals over there!!!

Actually i am quite surprised Jeff Cap didn't replace him sooner........i believe the last 5 years they have posted a loss.
If true,he didn't leave much of a legacy

I'm sure as I type this post right now there are people from the "H" team updating their resumes, and going thru the trade papers. I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be a sweeping change in management and a used furniture sale on the dock.
This was long over due over there and maybe to late! As I said once before " When Harry leaves so does the freight"
Good luck guys and gals over there!!!
talked to a conway driver...said they are already picking up extra freight

Reading the Newswire I saw a lot of simularitys between the New CEO of New Century Terrence Gilbert ,and the ex-CEO of
Jevic Transportatio Dave Gorman. Both Came from Roadway, Both Were Regional VP of Sales. Mr Gorman took over for Paul Karvois, who was Harry's Replacement when Harry Left Jevic, And Mr. Gilbert taking over for Harry, All who stepped in during a volitil time in those companys history. If its the one thing we learned with history is! A salesman doesen't make for a good CEO! I talked to a driver from NC on friday and he was very upset by the recent events..as I said many times before, When Harry goes so does the freight!

Reading the Newswire I saw a lot of simularitys between the New CEO of New Century Terrence Gilbert ,and the ex-CEO of
Jevic Transportatio Dave Gorman. Both Came from Roadway, Both Were Regional VP of Sales. Mr Gorman took over for Paul Karvois, who was Harry's Replacement when Harry Left Jevic, And Mr. Gilbert taking over for Harry, All who stepped in during a volitil time in those companys history. If its the one thing we learned with history is! A salesman doesen't make for a good CEO! I talked to a driver from NC on friday and he was very upset by the recent events..as I said many times before, When Harry goes so does the freight!
well said.....bravo!

If NC hasn't turned a profit in a few years,my question is what makes Harry so special,maybe his tendencies in a CEO role have passed him by.Seems to me,management is extremely overstaffed.Ive worked for a few LTL,s and this one is very different.

Maybe some new blood,at the top,is exactly what NC needs,much to the dismay of alot of past employees.

jeffries finally pushed their weight around...they made the company make many internal changes. and when they still saw no results they made harry retire..the fact is the competition is fierce and more resourceful . history has repeated itself again with harry..if NCTY cant get the ipo or sold i think their days are numbered.

Could be an interesting month ahead.Maybe I will get an opportunity to collect some SS I will never see,via unemployment.Hopefully,it wont come to that because I would hate to see alot of good people lose their jobs

Time !! No pay increases in 5 years .. Come on people !!! This guy Terry is here to cute more moneys from you drivers .. The people that jump the ship years back .. Now look whats happening, H is sending you down the river .. The guys that spent there life's ?????? is balls .. Now are going to get it up the ?????.. Good luck !! Happy i had left !! I can just think of something that may help you guys .. Time for a UNION !!! Maybe you may get a pay increase and a retirement plan .. You know they will have something for themselves in the office .. O say goodbye to the nice trucks .. Does Terry know how to scale a truck out ? BV

does everyone forget--jeffries owns a majority not harry--jeffries controls and holds the strings...you better believe harry was more of the problem than the solution--too many yes men worked with him. lets see what the new guy does

Everything old is new again...when ever new chief comes in he wants his own people around him.Will be fun to watch :butt kiss: from those looking to save their high paying do nothing jobs .... also give it about 6months before Harry gets tired of laying around Florida and realizing he has no input with NCT... starts new company OCJ....Old Century Jevic:1sm364jumpbed:

Everything old is new again...when ever new chief comes in he wants his own people around him.Will be fun to watch :butt kiss: from those looking to save their high paying do nothing jobs .... also give it about 6months before Harry gets tired of laying around Florida and realizing he has no input with NCT... starts new company OCJ....Old Century Jevic:1sm364jumpbed:

Would be nice to cut down on the chiefs and throw the indians a few bones..We,ll see.

i hate to say it boys get to stepping before Jefferies leave u hanging like sun capital did jevic
when new blood comes in it is never good... just good luck wish ya'll the best:frown: i was at Jevic 13yrs

I was at Jevic for 14 years.Best trucking job I ever had in 38 years of driving.From Sun Capitol,or Bain,or etc. etc. They just run companies into the ground.They pick the meat,leave the skelton and throw away the bones. Good luck to all of the hard workers out there. You deserve it.