Yellow | "Breaking News On YRCW" Happy Thanksgiving

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Breaking news on YRCW.....stock soars up more than 47% today as it closed for a 3 day high of $2.30 per share on heavy trading.

YRCW employees could be seen at food stores buying extra large turkeys on this wonderful news.

Have A Happy Thanksgiving to ALL YRCW employees next week!.....KK

Breaking news on YRCW.....stock soars up more than 47% today as it clsoed for a 3 day high of $2.30 per share on heavy trading.

YRCW employees could be seen at food stores buying extra large turkeys on this wonderful news.

Thanks KK.....made my day...lol...I knew the market was up today after the cabinet assignments but was afraid to look at the close.
Happy Thanksgiving to you dude:1036316054:

Breaking news on YRCW.....stock soars up more than 47% today as it clsoed for a 3 day high of $2.30 per share on heavy trading.

thanks for the laugh KK, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...:red_bandana:

Happy Kill A Turkey Day Everyone!!!

This is the one time of year we need to focus on temporarily putting aside all the stress and demands outside our immediately family and look to those we love. As the demands and stress from our jobs here transition, it may be hard to push it all aside. Everyone start trying to shelve the issues now, be they layoff or forced OT or short weeks and try and bridge the gap that is often created working here. Starting early and focusing should allow you to work out the things you share in common with children, spouses and extended family members to make Thanksgiving truly a day of Thanks. Make sure to express your love to both your family and our Lord.

that's very sad that you think a 47% increase to a whopping $2.30 is good news. sounds just like shawn hannity and rush limbaugh defending the george bush economy.

KK and Waggs, great suggestion for all. Happy holiday to all our brothers both non and union from Holland. GRIZZ

Breaking news on YRCW.....stock soars up more than 47% today as it closed for a 3 day high of $2.30 per share on heavy trading.

Well look at the price of fuel, that is coming down big time. That has to help too.

Somebody help me understand something.
I've heard that dropping FSC is hurting all freight companies right now. The reason is that there is a bit of a buffer built into the FSC to ensure they don't lose money on fuel. It's hard to explain. I'll use a 2% buffer as an example.

If FSC is 10%, and the freight bill is $100.00. The Fuel surcharge on the bill is $10.00, and the 2% buffer amounts to $0.20.

If the FSC is 30%, and the freight bill is $100.00. The Fuel surcharge on the bill is $30.00, and 2% of $30.00 comes out to $0.60.

Does this make any sense?

Somebody help me understand something.
I've heard that dropping FSC is hurting all freight companies right now. The reason is that there is a bit of a buffer built into the FSC to ensure they don't lose money on fuel. It's hard to explain. I'll use a 2% buffer as an example.

If FSC is 10%, and the freight bill is $100.00. The Fuel surcharge on the bill is $10.00, and the 2% buffer amounts to $0.20.

If the FSC is 30%, and the freight bill is $100.00. The Fuel surcharge on the bill is $30.00, and 2% of $30.00 comes out to $0.60.

Does this make any sense?
I can tell you I made money on fuel surcharge with my own rig through the early eighties. It would pay for the fuel and then some. With the discounts going up and FSC going down I'm sure it will hurt revenue.

Happy Kill A Turkey Day Everyone!!!

This is the one time of year we need to focus on temporarily putting aside all the stress and demands outside our immediately family and look to those we love. As the demands and stress from our jobs here transition, it may be hard to push it all aside. Everyone start trying to shelve the issues now, be they layoff or forced OT or short weeks and try and bridge the gap that is often created working here. Starting early and focusing should allow you to work out the things you share in common with children, spouses and extended family members to make Thanksgiving truly a day of Thanks. Make sure to express your love to both your family and our Lord.
great post vwaggs....it's real easy (especially lately) to lose sight of what's truly important in life...thanks for reminding us all....and Happy Thanksgiving to all the g-man:red_bandana: