BREAKING NEWS : Peyton Manning decides on the Denver Broncos

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Peyton Manning has made his decision ... and he's taking his talent to the Mike High City. Mort reported that Manning had advised agent Tom Condon to wrap up negotiations on what ia believed to be a five-year, $90 million offer.

Manning threw for VP of Operations John Elway and a large group of Broncos and executives and coaches on Friday in North Carolina, and Elway was impressed.

"We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C.," Elway tweeted on Friday. "He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there. Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well."

Manning had also thrown for the San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans, who had offered similar contracts. Stay tuned for more details -- of course, we'll have much more on this story.............

Peyton Manning decides on the Denver Broncos | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Also here : http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...yton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

Darn it! I was hoping to see him here with the Titans. It will seem comical hearing the Denver suits trying to spin how the great Tebow will be riding the pine now, after they had put him up there one step below God.

Tebow: Great kid. Great character. Great spokesman for the league. BAD QUARTERBACK.

Now, it's butt kissin' time for the 49ers...Smith wants them to pucker big after they turned their backs on him...Dolphins...You need to add more money to get Smith...Flynn just got as much as you are offering Smith...Smith took the 49ers to the NFC Championship game...Flynn..2 starts...Pony up fish or lose again...

I was thinking the same thing about the Titans. Before Payton was officially released by the Colts, the Titans front office was portraying zero interest in Payton, even to the point of saying that they had no interest and that they already had their future under contract. (Hasselback) Then as soon as Payton was officially released, they were looking to get him here for a workout. To me, that shows disrespect toward Hasselback, and I'd be pissed if I were him. I realize that it's a business, but nobody shows any loyalty anymore.

I was thinking the same thing about the Titans. Before Payton was officially released by the Colts, the Titans front office was portraying zero interest in Payton, even to the point of saying that they had no interest and that they already had their future under contract. (Hasselback) Then as soon as Payton was officially released, they were looking to get him here for a workout. To me, that shows disrespect toward Hasselback, and I'd be pissed if I were him. I realize that it's a business, but nobody shows any loyalty anymore.

"Loyalty" is described in Benjamins in the NFL...

Manning playing in the cold now as an old man has me thinking this is not a good idea for him. Everything in the cold hurts more. Finger on the face mask,someone driving you into the ground, etc.

Personally, I think it's a good fit..John Fox,a players coach(Like Dungy)..Payton will need a good running game and an offensive line...Fox will give him that...

Personally, I think it's a good fit..John Fox,a players coach(Like Dungy)..Payton will need a good running game and an offensive line...Fox will give him that...

I think he knew it all along.Good defense,good ownership he can relate to,bad division,etc.If they can get to the playoffs with Tebow,expectations will be high for even a 70% Manning of old.

FUNNY !!

ಠ▄ಠ Finds out Peyton Manning chose the Broncos
NSFW sub titles sorry LOL

I love how these people can do this so fast !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think the 49ers crapped the bed on this one. Alex Smith ain't happy.

The NFC West WAS weak..The only reason it just got better,is Flynn...It didn't take a lot for the 49ers to win the West...They were pretty much fresh when they went up against the Saints..But you take that same game and put SF on the road to NO, even with the Saints worn out,it's a different outcome,and I think most would agree...Smith is pissed...If the FISH go up a little on the offer,he's out of SF and they are back to an average team,and they won't win the West this year...

He wont do much in Denver. My colts get A. Luck he will be much better then Manning was.

Uhhhh ok,if that makes you feel better,lol.

Colts went from a SB contender(with Manning) and the next the first overall pick(without Manning).To say Luck will be MUCH BETTER than Manning is extremely high expectations...GL

He wont do much in Denver. My colts get A. Luck he will be much better then Manning was.
I suppose that there is always that chance.....but there is always that chance that Andew Luck will look a lot more like Ryan Leaf also. Just sayin'.......time will tell.