Holland | Breaking News

my company set at 65mph . in my state speed limit is 65-75 mph I sit in right lane doing 64 and watch the world go by. I can bump it up to 65 if someone pulls out from breakdown lane just to get by otherwise I just listen to the radio and keep comfy with ac

It's funny the answer is so simple....let me repeat SO SIMPLE.....and these dumb asses that run the company can not understand it or don't want to see it or are just to dang stubborn to do anything about it. I know many of you are thinking increase wages or contributions to the pension, which I agree would accomplish this but will not happen. There are so many ramifications from this including having to open the contract that it could possible do more damage than it would do good. I know that is probably not a popular idea but I truly believe raising the wages is not an option, so what is this simple solution that I speak of? One that could be accomplished in a couple weeks and would increase the men's moral and also increase the chances of men actually applying to work here? TURN THE DAMN TRUCKS UP! The speed limits allow for it with so many places at 70, other companies such as UPS run their trucks must faster because they understand we are in a business where productions outweighs fuel mileage and other companies drivers might actually apply here if they could get down the road at a reasonable rate of speed plus it would accomplish making the current employees feel a little better about giving back the fifteen percent if they could get ten percent back by driving faster. I am not talking sixty four or sixty five they must turn them up in the sixty seven to seventy range and watch moral production and the ability to hire drivers increase dramatically in the next few months. Such a simple answer but it will never happen.....YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!
From a city driver view. Give me my $12,000.00 a year back, and I will be just fine in my 61 mph,2000 Volvo.

From a city driver view. Give me my $12,000.00 a year back, and I will be just fine in my 61 mph,2000 Volvo.
I have to ask, what truck number are you talking about, in 2000 I thought all they had was Sterlings? Just curious. What do you think would happen if we reopened the contract? How much confidence would you have that when the dust settled things would be better than now? I would be nervous as hell, that is why when drivers get excited about spring 2019 I get very nervous. It could always be worse, after the last contract were things better or worse than before the last contract?

I have to ask, what truck number are you talking about, in 2000 I thought all they had was Sterlings? Just curious. What do you think would happen if we reopened the contract? How much confidence would you have that when the dust settled things would be better than now? I would be nervous as hell, that is why when drivers get excited about spring 2019 I get very nervous. It could always be worse, after the last contract were things better or worse than before the last contract?
He's YRC

I think something big is about to happen. I don't know fellows, but I'm getting some bad vibes. We are running almost at capicity, getting all the OT you desire and still have a bad feeling about upcoming year. So many injuries and FMLA are making our operation almost impossible.

I think something big is about to happen. I don't know fellows, but I'm getting some bad vibes. We are running almost at capicity, getting all the OT you desire and still have a bad feeling about upcoming year. So many injuries and FMLA are making our operation almost impossible.
Everything going on sure don't feel right...kinda like riding with trailer door up.

Yrc. Holland...NP.. not sure 70 mph trucks would help morale. Spend more on fuel? Give me the $$$$.....
I would love to take a survey on here of how many drivers think the company would spend more on fuel if they turned the trucks up to seventy? There might be a slight loss in the north but I can not believe that fuel mileage would be worse in the hills down south.

I would love to take a survey on here of how many drivers think the company would spend more on fuel if they turned the trucks up to seventy? There might be a slight loss in the north but I can not believe that fuel mileage would be worse in the hills down south.
Not trying to start anything,5. But it seems to me,yrc, and Holland drivers would rather have some financial stability in this company ahead of 70 mph trucks? I just don't see faster trucks benefiting either party here.

Not trying to start anything,5. But it seems to me,yrc, and Holland drivers would rather have some financial stability in this company ahead of 70 mph trucks? I just don't see faster trucks benefiting either party here.
I would like world peace and to see that every hungry person on the planet gets a good meal and a date with a super model! Odds of those would appear to be similar! I try to get something that is realistic and if you don't see how 70 mph trucks could benefit either party...well like I said earlier and I like you on here....but.....you can't fix stupid! Sorry Buddy!

I would like world peace and to see that every hungry person on the planet gets a good meal and a date with a super model! Odds of those would appear to be similar! I try to get something that is realistic and if you don't see how 70 mph trucks could benefit either party...well like I said earlier and I like you on here....but.....you can't fix stupid! Sorry Buddy!
Ok. Well we both have voiced our opinions. I will look at it as a tie. Maybe we should ask my partner,Wong?

I don't know how they figure it would be cheaper to turn trucks up to 70. They'd have to hire a whole crew of drivers to follow behind all the trucks and trailers with a scrap bucket picking up all the pieces that fall off when the vibrate and shake at those warp speeds. Sounds kind of counter productive and costly. :hide: :smilie93c peelout: