Breaking: Steve Scalise, House Majority Whip, shot at GOP charity baseball practice in Virginia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

We Americans seem to worship money, love the rich and hope to be one someday.
    So we just let them get away with more and more thinking yeah one day that will be me.

How many of us here have the drive and talent to get rich?
    Not many of us I'm sure of that.

Screw the rich, because they are screwing you
    the sooner you figure that out the better.

This is like the 1980's over again, Life Styles of the Rich and Famous.

I heard a good show today on the radio about car ownership. The author claims it will be out for most of us by 2030.
    autonomous cars and uber self driving will make it impracticable and too expensive to own our own cars.
    All that autonomous stuff is going to be very expensive and our wages have been falling behind inflation for over 40 years.

The good news is we won't have to have our own car just call for a pickup and drop off.

Sorry to go off on a tangent
    what were we talking about?
    Oh yes Trump sucks

pilot87 likes this.
  2. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Positive thinking old fart, aren't you?

jimmy g likes this.
  3. Rastus

Ever see anyone on the left who is content or happy?
    Because I can't think of any, Maybe that's why the only thing they seem to be good at is ruining junk and taking other people's stuff. I'm sure it's all connected somehow, look at faces in old Soviet bloc pictures they same empty soulless look as our leftists.

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

you have just summed up the jealously of the left towards the rich
    they cant do it so they hate those that can and feel that they are entitled to someone elses labor

realistically, do you think Chuckie Schmur would be rich if it wasn't for politics or Harry Reid or most Dems
    absolutely not, but they found a way to produce nothing and become rich in the process
    then condemn the rich (which they are)
    Bernie b$%#%ing about rich people is hilarious the man made a million dollars last year
    and watching you lapdogs suck it up is comical

jimmy g, Northern Flash and a9faninnc like this.
  5. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

They bitch and moan about what their neighbor has,yet just sit around on their ass all month waiting on their government check.

jimmy g, Northern Flash and Bubba74 like this.
  6. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

7. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

8. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

9. Rastus

10. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

11. Northern Flash

Wrong. Financially secure is more than good enough for me. I've been on the other side, wearing the suit and tie to work every day, and I lost interest in that lifestyle. There is a lot of stress on that side of the isle.

Your jealousy of the rich runs your life. Most of us just want to make a good living and be happy, without big brother intervening.

Speak for yourself. Your skill set is obviously limited, and your ambition level appears to be non-existent. Based on what we've read from you, you are so lazy that you :shit: in bed and kick it out with your feet.

I was wrong once back in the early '70's, but I think that I'm spot on with my assessment.:mf swordfight:

:hilarious:

Rastus likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

That's a very accurate assessment. They are some real sad-sacks. Whining and crying about every little issue. They fuel each others depression with all of their negativity.

jimmy g and Rastus like this.
  13. Northern Flash

14. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Actually that sums it up close..... Americans do worship wealth..... and those that have it....
    Why else would so many worry so much about the financial well being of the uber rich....and not have any cares about the people that face financial struggles and have very little..... They are all in on more for the wealthy at the expense of the poor and the middle class.... Makes no sense.

Ohh and don't forget... If we point out things like the detrimental effect of concentrated wealth at the top, that makes us "jealous" of the rich..... It's an ignorant " argument "... But it's all they have since they can't comprehend anything beyond simplicity.....and their own desire for wealth... I know that statement will "ruffle some feathers"... But they don't have any problems with name calling....or expressing their opinions.... So I'm not concerned about it.......

Magoo likes this.
  15. pilot87

Sounds like you're describing the so called "conservatives"....... Nothing except whining and crying about every little issue.....and I do mean " little" issues too.....like the time they were all worked up over which bathroom people were using......or whom was marrying whom....... ..lol..... Not to mention the incessant whining about everything Obama said or did.....or what dress Michelle Obama wore.........and on and on......
    Guess its fine only when the Conservatives whine and cry.......

Sounds like the last 8 years on here..... You guys sure "fueled" each others negativity about the "left"........ You forget how its a "two way street".... Its not somehow " different " when "Conservatives" feed off of their negativity......

Magoo likes this.
  16. pilot87

His post did not by any means indicate "jealousy"...... That's just some simplistic " thought " that you guys blurt out rather than objectively reasoning on the consequences of the Nations wealth being concentrated at the very top and under the control of the very few...... That has nothing whatsoever to do with "jealousy".... To even say such a thing is evidence of small and simple thinking........

To his point, Money, and the influence it buys, is idolized by American Society.... Why else would the middle class or lower, be so worried about raising taxes on the wealthiest among us ...... Always advocating for those who have far more than they could dream of using......and be so willing to take away from those who have very little...or nothing....... Yes lets give the already rich more....and sacrifice the middle class, and lower, to do it..... ...

Magoo likes this.
  17. pilot87

I think that most working class people are basically satisfied with being able to pay the bills and have some left over.....but I also think that most of those also dream of becoming "rich"....one of the reasons why Lottery "games" are so popular....or other forms of gambling..... Also....being "financially secure" has a lot of different meanings to different people.. .. Furthermore, just because you, yourself, may not desire to be rich, does not mean that applies to everyone... It's quite obvious that as a society, we do worship wealth... ..

18. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

I don't know anybody that thinks like that but then again I am selective about who I associate with. I can only assume, since you brought it up, that you worship money and hope to be rich some day. Pity. I have a modest home, an 18 year old pickup truck, food on the table, I really don't need or want more. I feel sorry for most rich people.

Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  19. pilot87

:lmao::hilarious:

20. Rastus

That's better.

Northern Flash likes this.