Breaking: Steve Scalise, House Majority Whip, shot at GOP charity baseball practice in Virginia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Subpoena those emails before Hillary reminds them about how Bleach Bit works.

jimmy g likes this.
  2. Northern Flash

The Republican leadership are frauds, and they prove it every day.

Rastus and jimmy g like this.
  3. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow...I guess hes the most Conservative Liberal since Reagan.It really doesn't matter what the Trump administration does,he will always catch slack from the NeverTrumpers.Your Freedom Caucus,the fighters of the good fight,speak very highly of the "NY Liberal".

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He has done extraordinarily well so far. He's the best Prez since Reagan. But he's a Social Liberal. That's not really debatable. It's his record.

He's the main reason there wasn't full repeal and there is this Ocare Lite. He wants Single Payer/Universal Healthcare like Canada, and his tweets have said Conservative measures are 'Mean'. He tried to shut down the Freedom Caucus in the House after his first attempt at TrumpCare, written by Ryan, who promised he had the votes. It took the Freedom Caucus standing up to him to even get this turd of his this far, and Trump caused the Senate to not have waivers the House Bill has...

Ocare should have been repealed , or left to die tied to the Dems. This thing, because of Trump- will be tied to the Repubs in 2018/20. That's 100% N.Y. Liberal, and hurts his and our future. The Dems and Media will sound off about TrumpCare all thru the next several elections, even tho it's still OCare...

I am a realist. When he does good-looking I salute him, and have so far. When he messes up, I don't give blind following..... you REALLY need to get over your infatuation with 'Never Trump.' The election"s over. I voted for him. It actually is possible for him to be human and make errors......

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  5. Northern Flash

No President will ever be perfect, and Trump has been great so far, but this healthcare issue is huge......and a debacle.
    Either repeal Obamacare completely and make a major change, or the Republicans will get the blame when Trumpcare collapses, letting the Democrats off the hook for the mess they made.
    And since the Republicans are too stupid to defend themselves, they will allow the Democrats to make the blame stick.
    Full repeal, or let Obamacare collapse. Period.

6. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

if the shoe were on the other foot (Dems in power)
    Mueller would be gone (if he were hiring right winged donators
    Investigations into the previous administration would be under way

Trump has to know as a business man that the balance sheet for single payer just doesn't work
    especially with our double entitlement class people who want everything and are entitled to pay for nothing about 49% of the population

its a nice chunk of dough
    who would not want that control especially these power hungary a$%holes
    The repeal mantra was nice, help to get them elected
    realistically they never thought Trump would win that is why they had nothing together (they were as shocked as Hilly)

7. a9faninnc

Trump got tricked by Paul Ryan with the healthcare circus."We have a plan and have the votes Mr President".The plan sucked and he didn't have the votes.Moderate Repubs wants their free :shit: and the more Conservatives are more for fiscal responsibility.Those factions makes it impossible for a health Bill compromise.
    Infrastructure or tax reform would have been much more palatable for all parties involved but Ryan sucked the President into this.Their are still members of the Republican Party that still wants to sink this President,along with some of their constituents,that voted for Trump.
    I can accept the fact that Dimms and Libs will not support Trump because he is basically against everything they stand for(which is a good thing).Trump can only be as "Conservative" as the Republican led Congress will allow him to be.Ive come full circle on the healthcare debate to the point where letting Bammercare die is the only saving grace for the Repubs

8. a9faninnc

How is that even possible??Im a realist too on this issue.Would they not need 60 votes for straight up repeal??

9. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

change the senate rules like dirty Harry did

do nothing move on

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Not if McConnell used Harry Reid Tactics.

11. a9faninnc

That might work out well for 2,4,or possibly 6 more years.That could have a very hard bite on working America after that.I dont really consider that an option for Bills being passed or repealed.

12. a9faninnc

The "Hey,we tried but we are stuck with Bammercare for now" is the only way out for the Repubs.Move on to tax reform.

Rastus likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

As bad as RyanCare was/is- it's too 'mean' for Trump. He's not conservative on HealthCare- he's a Social Liberal. He didn't scream at Ryan- he scream at the Conservatives. I can't get that thru to you, but it's true....

14. a9faninnc

If I had to get something that was sustainable and had to convince a few on one side or a few dozen on the other side,I think I would take the path of least resistance too.

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The Harry Reid trick is exactly how Dems will govern when they get power back. Since the 17th Amendment was made100 years ago, Dems have patiently worked to make the Senate into a 6yr term House of Representatives. We are no longer a Republic. We're Mob Rule- and Lenin wrote that the Government that controlled Healthcare controls the People.

Repubs only could do one thing coming in- repeal OCare, or suffer the future. They failed.

Rastus likes this.
  16. a9faninnc

If the "Harry Reid Rule" is invoked by either Party,on everything,nothing will ever be sustainable.I don't think that is a path most Americans want.Only the far Left and far Right.Of course only until it doesn't work in their favor.

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The Right never wanted the Reid Rule. But might as well use it, because it's 100% how the future will be.

18. a9faninnc

Is that the ONLY way straight repeal can be done,at this time??If it is,maybe it is what some on the Right want.

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Speaking only for me- I want the hypocrites gone. Repubs ran on repeal. They voted 100% repeal when it didn't count. Now they refuse.

As much as Ryan is GOP aestablishment Corportist, Trump is to the Left of him. Ryan's history didn't have preexisting conditions and 26 year olds in it. Those are Trump ideas. That's not insurance, it's wanting insured after your house has burned down. Trump ran on repeal. This isn't repeal. The media will crucify repubs for this.

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The leadership claims this must be done in three parts. The parliamentarian says no, they can combine it. Part two is HHS Sec Price ending regs. He can do that Now. Why wait? Part three is Across state lines. Combine all three (Ocare was one bill ),, allow opt outa, and it will pass. I think leadership doesn t want it to pass...