Breaking: Steve Scalise, House Majority Whip, shot at GOP charity baseball practice in Virginia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

So far, everything that Trump has done has been making America a better and safer place. Sorry that he doesn't pander to the the lazies, trying to get their vote.

Rastus likes this.
  2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

If you want to "get it straight", you'll need to understand Trump has a "deep love" for himself above and beyond any "love" for America or you and I..... He only has wishes for more "prosperity" and "success" for himself and others in his class and will put that first ahead of each and every one of us.... Most politicians are owned by Corporate interests and they serve them.... Trump is one of them....not one of us...

You've forgotten the deep hatred of Obama and generally any "Democrat"..... Not one person on here repudiated the effigies depicting the death of Obama.... Just chalked it up to " skilled 10 year olds" and "fake news"... I'm not condoning what this whack job did and I don't think anyone else is either... The fact that we have hate and heated rhetoric in both major Party's is why we have these shootings....its just a symptom of the larger problem.....
    As long as we remain so diametrically opposed politically, we can expect it to be escalated as we move ahead.... We need to stop hating people based on political view points..... As long as the Owned politicians and their masters can keep fueling the hate and long as we have Democrats and Republicans things are not going to change unless, we the people, hold them accountable rather than blame shifting and blindly cheering as if it was a sporting event......

3. pilot87

Thank you Keepingon, I agree that most political issues can be resolved with compromise and a meeting in the middle.... Sadly, however, it seems we've past that point as a Nation and it seems to me we've passed the point of " electing" our way to a better Country..... We have lost sight of the fact that it IS possible to settle issues.... But you need to have agreeable and willing people to accomplish that....

4. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

I don't Blame Bernie at all. As pilot said it is the polerization that has been taking place that can push nutcases like this guy over the top. I do blame the media and the Far Left that continues to nudge people in that direction though. What do you expect when you have people like Bill Ayers rise to the top of the heap in your movement .

Northern Flash likes this.
  5. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

In that same sense Pilot there were depictions of assassination against Bush as well. I do agree with you, to ever find a comprehensive Middle people do need to tone down their beliefs that an elected official will ever be the savior for this country.

It is the people that make this country what it is, but there ARE radical forces from both sides of the spectrum that would wish harm on any kind of balance. People that support the Democrats or even Republicans for that matter are not bad people. It is the more radical elements that have prevailed on the Far Left over the years that have been promoting the tone that we see resulted in pushing the unstable man to act like he did in DC.

Rightly so there are unstable people on the Far exterem Right as well that are susceptible to be nudged into acting in an inappropriate way as well.

I have said this before the old school Democrat and old school Republican are pretty much one in the same anylonger.
    That is where you get the establishment.

What happened though is that you have had over many, many, many generations now, the more radical elements of the Far Left entrench themselves into the Democrat party. I personally don't hate Democrats. Look I warned Mag's yesterday to be careful what he said on an open forum not because I hate him, but because I like him. I disagree with him on many things, but I like him!

pilot87 likes this.
  6. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

When you look historically how we got here you have to look back to the progressive movement all the way back to the late 1800's -- today.

The modern elements that are at play are groups like:
    Resist
    Laraza
    Antifa
    Black Bloc
    CPUSA
    Media Matters
    And many more, but these and people like George Soro's who actively attempted to destroy the British currency and is actively attempting to upend the Republic are the true culprits that have been pushing for civil war.. up to yesterday it was more of a cultural and ideological war.

I have been saying for years that the followers of many of those groups that I mentioned fall under the moniker of "useful idiots".. that is not my term, but one coined by the Left. I have studied the Left extensively over the years and you only get one result in the end.

The people who blindly follow, like the kids in college that have been indoctrinated over the years will be the first to suffer as they are nothing but cannon fodder in the eyes of those pulling the strings.

Next comes those who have been willing to attempt to upend society as we have known it. Culturally and economically, those calling for restrictions on wealth and prosperity. Those calling for restrictions on speech and free expression of religion and information.

For many of those who are currently supporting it like the Hollywood types, they would be the first to actually suffer in the end. Where have we seen all of this before? The Soviet Union, China, Cambodia, Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Germany 1932-1945, Italy 1928-1944.

You have to remember something, for many the "Ends Justify The Means" and the Rules For Radicals s the playbook currently playing out.

You, mag's , 20, Bubba, and all of us living today in this country have been blessed! Yes blessed! There is no other country in history that has afforded the freedoms and wealth that this country and those who live in it ever! Even our poorest are blessed in this country compared to other countries throughout history. Believe me if the elements that I mentioned prevail or continue to push and nudge, there will be a push back. The last thing any one of us wants is a crackdown by the government no matter which side is in control.

Free differences to express ideological differences is a good thing. When it comes to violence like we seen in Berkeley and yesterday it crosses the line though and some people just don't like that others are willing to go outside of the mainstream and utilize this forum to convey the information..

7. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for most, people do not know history. Sure they know what they were taught in the schools and the revisions seen on most documentary stations on cable, or what they have been handed down by the leaders of trade unions. But they really do not know the background or true history behind many of the associations and organizations they follow..

8. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

If someone keeps yelling fire in a movie theater and people get trampled to death trying to get out,at what point do you need to shut-up the people yelling.And anyone trying to equate the actions and language thrown at this administration and the last are very ill-informed or extremely bias.Their not even close as far as the hatred goes..

Northern Flash, Toby and kboomarang like this.
  9. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

10. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

that great
    if Trump succeeds, America succeeds
    I actually find it refreshing to have a president praise America after 8 years of Barry telling us what a crappy country we are
    Is Trump a narcissist, sure but he seems to be putting America first (once again, Barry was a narcissist who put America last)
    And no Trump is not one of us, he has more money than most of us could ever dream of, that is why I don't feel he is "owned" by the corporate interests like Barry was.

As for the "hatred" of Barry
    Look back over the years, Barry had it no worse than Bush
    In fact IMO Bush had it worse. He had people camped outside his home, the youtube videos portraying his death, hung in effigy, daily body counts in the MSM (which went away after Barry was elected), constant ridicule in the MSM
    Barry had it easier with the compliant MSM, if you questioned, you were a racist, so most did not question

Trump by far has it worse
    The left is completely unhinged, yesterdays events prove it

Northern Flash, jimmy g, Toby and 2 others like this.
  11. pilot87

That's true.... There were effigies of Bush along the same theme.....and those were just as abhorrent......

Thank you.... I've been saying that for a long time.... If we look to politicians, any politician, as a "savior" we're only deceiving ourselves... They are just participates in wholly corrupted system.....surely not looking out for people like us...

Absolutely agree!...

The average American citizen that labels themselves as "Democrat" or a "Republican", by and large, are hard working people taking care of their Families and hoping for better times.... We all share the same basic needs and wants.... I've told several on here that I've strongly disagreed with, that, while we don't see eye to eye on things, I certainly never disliked them as a person and recognized that in real life, beyond their TB persona, they are likely good honest people doing the best they can.... Even a certain someone, or two, that really clash with me..... I have no reason to believe they are " bad people".... They hate me....but that's life....

As far as radical elements of the political parties, I see it as the radical elements of both parties that are pushing this increasing agenda of dividing us by promoting hate... They both are complicit and I believe their goals are the same.... Divide and distract while their "masters" do as they want while we the people bicker about whose fault the bad things are...... Everyone's getting "played"

True..... Extremism is always dangerous, without regard to party ......or what its rooted in...

I'm not sure there is any such thing as "old school" Democrats or Republicans any more....certainly not among politicians...
    In a more "perfect" world, there really shouldn't be any large significant differences...

I think that's true....and I also think its true of the Republican party as well.... Both seem to be driving the political process to a dangerous place.... People of both political persuasions need to wake up and see past the propaganda from the Corporate owned elements that seem to control the system..

I don't personally hate Republicans....or Democrats.. If I'm going to "hate" someone, it would be for a far different reason than their political leanings.....
    Yes I read your post admonishing Magoo to be careful.... It might seem unlikely this particular forum is being " monitored ".....but in today's environment caution isn't totally unwarranted.... I like Magoo too.... I would hate to see anything unfortunate happen to anyone on this forum just for their speaking their opinions and view points....
    That type of concern is not what America should be about...but sadly....well, we both know it goes on....

You brought out some valid points I agree with in some of your other posts in this thread....and some I don't.... I don't have the time to comment on each point and post, but thought I'd let you know..... Enjoy your day...

Toby likes this.
  12. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

I wonder if Greg thinks this dude was sent by the left

13. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

We know.

14. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

While it may be true President Trump has a big ego, who holding office doesn't? granted he had a bit of a head start but I haven't seen any proof that he loves himself more than the country, or that his sole purpose for running is to stuff his pockets, that's far easier to do out of the public eye so that's a strange thing to think, if you have the goods on him please share. As far the difference from the way Obama and Trump were and are treated the differences are pretty clear, I don't recall riots on either of Barry's inauguration days, or people being organized and paid to disrupt, or A-lister's saying pretty nasty things about him before he even hit the desk, or the same people and folks from the opposing party starting a "resist movement" and pushing hatred again before he hit the desk, Barry had a cake walk out of the gate by comparison, the American people elected him on the promise of change and when that didn't occur and disagreement over his handling and mishandling of other issues disdain for him grew, his numbers from 2008 and 2012 bear that out, and as you bring up he had some nasty effigies pointed in his direction(name a president hasn't, kinda comes with the job), but he didn't have a Broadway play "artistically" enacting his assassination, or "ahem" comedian going for big yucks with his severed head. So I confidently can say like myself most of the guys on here just want the President and the country to in fact succeed and support those goals and will be more than willing to roast him when he really screws up, key word "really".

Northern Flash and Toby like this.
  15. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Pretty simple ain't it.

Northern Flash and Toby like this.
  16. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

All forums, Social Media, public and private conversations by use of electronic means do now get monitored by the NSA. Not for any specific reason but to find those trigger words.. that is not tinfoil conspiracy either. It was published over the last few years that this is actually taking place.

pilot87 likes this.
  17. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Here are some good depictions of the differences

[​IMG]

Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  18. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

19. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

20. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

In one image I do see people peacefully protesting as their right. In another I see people with their faces covered with fires in the background..

In one movement you had patriotic--> notice the flags and people of all age groups in the other you have a college professor beating someone he disagrees with, with a bike lock

[​IMG]