Estes | Bring on the UNION !!!!

I don't think the union is the answer. You should probably get the facts for sure b4 you throw your company under the bus and to the wolf pack (union).

i dont like it because i can hook my set faster then 6 yard jockies at some terminals. jrs message said it was going to make faster turnarounds but i havent seen it yet. lost time waiting is my money

Is this coincidence or not. The plaintiff in this lawsuit from the same area as the infamous Trucker Elvis. Could they possibly be one and the same? The King has risen from the ashes of rock and roll eternity to save us from the evil empire. Hahahahaha

Sounds like a cheap remake of a star wars sequel .. w99 out ... lol

Is this coincidence or not. The plaintiff in this lawsuit from the same area as the infamous Trucker Elvis. Could they possibly be one and the same? The King has risen from the ashes of rock and roll eternity to save us from the evil empire. Hahahahaha

Until he goes bat ::shit:: crazy again....

Lazy Linehaulers need to do your own pretrip , as it is for your own safety, but you are a smoker you don't care if you live or die anyway!!!!! p,s, who wipes your butt for you as you don't get paid to do that at home ????

Lazy Linehaulers need to do your own pretrip , as it is for your own safety, but you are a smoker you don't care if you live or die anyway!!!!! p,s, who wipes your butt for you as you don't get paid to do that at home ????

You ain't seen lazy yet. Wait till they hook their own pups for free. That will wipe out everything else they need to check.

Until he goes bat ::shit:: crazy again....
Almost 2000 views in less than a week on this thread. That's more action than E"s section has seen in a long time. Maybe kick him down a few pennies of the ad money to keep him in line. He does seem to put a spark in the discussions like him or not.

Almost 2000 views in less than a week on this thread. That's more action than E"s section has seen in a long time. Maybe kick him down a few pennies of the ad money to keep him in line. He does seem to put a spark in the discussions like him or not.

oh I like him fine but ad money don't pay to well, can't subsidize him, sorry

guys you got to calm down be happy you got a job and how many times have you gone in a terminal and watched everybody standing around on the clock. So your not getting a few hooks think about the city drivers getting there hours cut

guys you got to calm down be happy you got a job and how many times have you gone in a terminal and watched everybody standing around on the clock. So your not getting a few hooks think about the city drivers getting there hours cut
Everyone I talked to are getting hook pay including me. The only thing that's different is the company crooks are finding it difficult to continue to lie about their hooks because they add it in the computer now.

We have many company thieves at 028. They think cranking the landing gear down, unhooking the air lines + pulling the 5th wheel pin on the dolly constitutes a drop. Then when you need one of those trailers for outbound you can go finish the job that he got paid for. These changes are long overdue and welcome.

In my experience, you shouldn't base your paycheck on extras associated with ANY run. The mileage always stays the same but the extras can always disappear. As a "lazy" linehaul driver, I really don't care if I ever break or hook a set. I make my money on mileage. It is absolutely true that I can go faster if I don't take the time to break or hook sets. On the average before the rule change, I would get about 10 to 15 B+H a week on top of mileage, which was cool. But now, after the change, I'm still getting my miles.
I am super glad to even have a job right now. I have went through a company shutdown and then been stuck at a TERRIBLE job for 2 years before coming here last year.
It's not perfect but it is WAY better than most jobs out there. I can make a decent buck and not really kill myself doing it, which I think is a good deal.
I do think a rebid is in order because of timing of the rule change, but I think maybe a driver needs to take some responsibility for their bid on a run.
Nobody PROMISED you the breaks and hooks. They promised you the miles. If you can't live without the B+H's, then maybe you shouldn't have bid.
Just my opinion.
FLAME ON!!!
And I will vote ABSOLUTELY NO on the union, just for the record.:flame:

It pays more running down the road with a set already hooked vs fiddle fartin with a dolly stuck in the mud and a trailer dropped 19" too high sitting 2" away from another trailer you have to move to get to yours. Lol

Maybe YRCW will answer that for you at some point !!

I was thinking of another outfit when I posted that but your right, time will tell. I'm not certain we are swimming in it either but I do believe we are doing ok by looking at the bill count.

Is their any LTL out their that is putting money in the bank ? Positive cash flow ?
I was thinking of another outfit when I posted that but your right, time will tell. I'm not certain we are swimming in it either but I do believe we are doing ok by looking at the bill count.

NO TRUCKING CO ltl is making money but if I can make $20 to make and $20 to break better in MY pocket plus 60cts a mile and as of now medical paid in full by Co. (40 dollars for 30mins work!)