Estes | Bring on the UNION !!!!

It's as broad as it is long. An hours pay to hook a set equals a loss of an hour on the comic book. Pay after 10 equals a ::shit:: load just to get the driver moving or a no phone call to come to work. Paid healthcare equals a union payment. Not to mention all the sensless saftey ::shit:: and cry baby meetings.

Nobody says anyone will be here tomorrow not starting trouble. Look at how many drivers KILLED! in past 2wks. Lets rush down the highway! Make money in yard and take a break. I didn't get 2mil accident free saying I'll do it boss. PS I will start collecting 3800/mo. pension @52yrs. old. I was only responding to UNION question.

PS I will start collecting 3800/mo. pension @52yrs. old. I was only responding to UNION question.
Sounds like a huge paycut. I get nearly double that now. No retirement needed. I got over 2 million accident free miles saying, "I'll do it."

How are you gonna retire at 52, bootleg ?? 57 is retirement age, and they are planning to put it up 62. Also how much per month has that 3800 been deflated ?

How are you gonna retire at 52, bootleg ?? 57 is retirement age, and they are planning to put it up 62. Also how much per month has that 3800 been deflated ?

Those fellows live in those fantasy worlds. Just because their daddys did it 40 years ago when gas was 50 cents and the real union jobs paid a whole lot more than he makes now it was easier then. It would be tough for anyone to retire on those numbers these days. I guess a selfish person with very little property tax may do ok but ... poor grandkids.

Not to mention all the sensless saftey ::shit::
I just want to clear something up here. When I say sensless saftey, I'm talking about the things that do more harm than good, starting with the 2 page small print bull ::shit:: story we don't have time to read, I hereby declare that I have completely understood that if I fail to comply with all the above nonsence and over rated garbage that I am subject to prosecution and or a hanging. .. and to carry a huge red cone in your cab for whaterver reason that made it difficult to change gears or stop. Then top it all off with a dot certified vest that was 12 sizes too big, which I all most hung myself with. lol.

I just want to clear something up here. When I say sensless saftey, I'm talking about the things that do more harm than good, starting with the 2 page small print bull ::shit:: story we don't have time to read, I hereby declare that I have completely understood that if I fail to comply with all the above nonsence and over rated garbage that I am subject to prosecution and or a hanging. .. and to carry a huge red cone in your cab for whaterver reason that made it difficult to change gears or stop. Then top it all off with a dot certified vest that was 12 sizes too big, which I all most hung myself with. lol.

:LMAO::grouphug: Damn....

As a former employee the drivers need to do something. let me guess no raises again this year and they took money from you again. Management is a bunch of suck up that are not qualified to run a company but they lie to you and suck up to thier boss`. Wake up drivers. And I do not work for any ltl co no matter what the affiliation is

That 3800 per month along with my personal investment could have me living like a king but I guess I will do allright with my own retirement plan and hope that maybe the pennies they contribute to my 401k here might at least help pay some taxes or something.

That 3800 per month along with my personal investment could have me living like a king but I guess I will do allright with my own retirement plan and hope that maybe the pennies they contribute to my 401k here might at least help pay some taxes or something.

Well, now take 1000 a month for cobra insurance off the 3800 and then come to the realization that the 3800 is just a once upon a time , fairy tale figure to begin with. Does anyone really believe that central states will not be hurting badly in next few years, for the simple fact that a certain company with 30000 employees, has not paid dues for 2 years, and will pay 25 percent of thier dues for next 3 years. Where in the world are they gonna come up with that top rate retirement amount ? Keep up with your own retirement Illum, I"m sure you"ll do just fine !!

As a former employee the drivers need to do something. let me guess no raises again this year and they took money from you again. Management is a bunch of suck up that are not qualified to run a company but they lie to you and suck up to thier boss`. Wake up drivers. And I do not work for any ltl co no matter what the affiliation is

Why don"t you fill us in where the perfect job is ? I guess we need to be lead by the hand !! Last time I heard 40 million are still looking for that perfect job. Uaw and teamster members have either lost their jobs, or have taken huge pay cuts !! rattle off several types of jobs that are paying 20 dollar plus an hour !! And by way, welcome to truckers board

Why don"t you fill us in where the perfect job is ? I guess we need to be lead by the hand !!
And by way, welcome to truckers board

First did not mention the perfect job. Second I have been on this board for years. Problem is you can not argue with anything i said so you attack me LMAO. Do you realize what kind of stress your under unlesss your a suck up liar like all the management there? Trust me I am so mush happier now. And I do not make the money I was but can you put a price on happiness

...Remember to attack the post not the poster. I think most are happy here. Last I heard the turnover was 3%

First did not mention the perfect job. Second I have been on this board for years. Problem is you can not argue with anything i said so you attack me LMAO. Do you realize what kind of stress your under unlesss your a suck up liar like all the management there? Trust me I am so mush happier now. And I do not make the money I was but can you put a price on happiness

So if asking you a simple question is attacking you,don't have a answer to that one !! Let' s try it this way.... where do you work that you do not have to deal with management that does nothing but lie to you ? As for stress, I don't feel I have a great amount of it....I hook my trailer, paperwork tells me where to go... I have to average 50 mph to get to my destination terminal... I unhook trailer and go to the motel... pretty uneventfull IMO. I do my job the way it's suppose to be done,and no one has any reason to ride my -ss, and I also have no need to kiss someone's -ss. A lot of this thread is about lost pay on breaks and hooks... so far I have seen little difference on my pay check, as I am still getting same amounts, and no I have not recieved a raise this year... have you ??? Imo, I am paid well for the job I do and am very happy doing it, and doing it right the first time. Your post said 1 which means that this is the first time you have posted on truckingboards... so welcome first time poster

:biggrin:
WOW rjjr shure is a know it all........ I bet you kiss @** at every term you go to......

You have me figured out there Barstow,lol. Thought I could hide it longer than 69 posts. If telling the truth and doing my job makes me a suck -ss, well, so be it, that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. As for me, I'm for the most part happy with my with my life and my profession.... wish more people felt the same. The Chicago cubs and raises have one thing in common,.. Maybe next year !!!

Last edited by a moderator: