Estes | Bring on the UNION !!!!

Oooooooo ok no Elvis he was talking about that new poster not you. No one knows anything about what you and I talked about and never will. That's your business. You almost told on your self jumping the gun mister.
You been hanging out with them pot smokin liberals at the union hall to much. Gettin a lil paranoid hehehe.
I like these guys here, no phone calls just message board here in front of all to see

Paranoid Elvis needs to get a drink and call me before he spills beans :)
checking out ..........
No secrets on the Estes forum. I need to know what Elvis is up to.

Have you guys seen some of the new laws being passed around the country? Unions are getting beat up.. almost dibandiment parties! Times are a changin'. Its hard to predict the end result, but a non union operaton (teachers, steelworkers, drivers, etc) will be able to produce the same products, goods, service as it union counterparts for less. Very very simple. Every company in the nation is trimming fat from their operations. They all pretty much cut back in similar fashions. Start with the easy cuts first and finish with the most difficult. Question is: How far do they go?
These fuel prices are just going to add to the many problems they already have. No telling what the final outcome will be.

Dude I don't have a clue to what your talking about ?? I have talked to one and one only estes driver since the last time we talked ! I'm not getting something here. What did I say ? I talk to two guys out of KC every now and again.
The only other people I may talk to from TruckingBoards on the phone is wondering99 , Jeff and you. That's it. I'm a very low profile keep to myself guy these days. So I didn't catch on to what was said but this is the first time I've said anything to anyone about even speaking to the famous Elvis on the phone. And it's true Elvis is really a good guy haha it's true he is just a old truck driver full of ::shit::.
There now I said something about ya

My bad. Can we kiss and make up? TE out....

This place is like high school sometimes. Gossip gossip. Damn I've been minding my own too lol o well
Okay, okay, you made your point. I wish I could jump in the time machine and revisit the old high school days. Seems like just yesterday. On career day I should have told the counselor I wanted to be a p*on star instead of a truck driver. I would be waxing my genitalia about now, getting prepared for my next scene, instead of trying to back pedal on a message board with a fellow truck driver, come on. TE out...

No secrets on the Estes forum. I need to know what Elvis is up to.

I'm up to no good. You and Beerboy will make good Teamsters one day. Hell, I'll make you my stewards. That's how much confidence I have in you. You, Mr. Mildew, will make a very good "cry baby". When this thing bottoms out, and it will, the "cry babies" will be there, as they always have been, with a pin in their hand, and you will snatch it and sign. TE out....

teamster elvis said:
My bad. Can we kiss and make up? TE out....

Only if you waxed haha. No harm no foul you know that.

I don't get wound up about a message board. That's all this is. Kinda like the Internet CB Ch 19. Radio Rambos hiding behind a keyboard. I tried at one time to be open and free and guys take it the wrong way and misinterpret , blow ::shit:: outta shape. So I just stay to myself.
I talk to a few like minded people but being everyones buddy just gets ya burned. Amazing what people try to use against ya in the name of "friendship".
I should know better by the way LTL drivers act in person. Stab, stab , stab everyone in the back. Worse than politicians.
Back on topic ..... That's the very reason unions are loosing ground and a huge organizing would never happen. No working together when your getting screwed by fellow workers and union members themselves.
It's society nowadays that grows selfishness and "all about me" this immaturity has infected the teamsters union form top down. Also non union barns "all about me" that's the new world order. Sad to say it but it's the new term for manhood.

last thing we need here is a union for god sake look what the union has done for yrc...hmmm i dont think we really need a union to do that just fyi im not sure how long ago this happened but years ago they tried that in det. and they shut the terminal down for several years think about that :duh:

Only if you waxed haha. No harm no foul you know that.

I don't get wound up about a message board. That's all this is. Kinda like the Internet CB Ch 19. Radio Rambos hiding behind a keyboard. I tried at one time to be open and free and guys take it the wrong way and misinterpret , blow ::shit:: outta shape. So I just stay to myself.
I talk to a few like minded people but being everyones buddy just gets ya burned. Amazing what people try to use against ya in the name of "friendship".
I should know better by the way LTL drivers act in person. Stab, stab , stab everyone in the back. Worse than politicians.
Back on topic ..... That's the very reason unions are loosing ground and a huge organizing would never happen. No working together when your getting screwed by fellow workers and union members themselves.
It's society nowadays that grows selfishness and "all about me" this immaturity has infected the teamsters union form top down. Also non union barns "all about me" that's the new world order. Sad to say it but it's the new term for manhood.

oh so true... my friend is a shop at UPSF,and his biggest problem is that the old timers want to keep things the way they were.. everyone for themselves, and the newer generation wants to do things by the book, as it pertains to the contract. needless to say, my friend is very busy person trying to take care of issues, because ALL drivers do not want to play on the same team, that me me me sindrom. so with that being said, a union is only as strong as the people in it

One more time: History has shown us how Estes reponds to any orgaization effort. La Mirada unionized....fine bled them dry and opened up non union 295 riverside. Remember 065 rock island? After an organization effort, the 065 was moved to Quad cities. Or how about terminals that just get axed: 110, 108, 014 just to sight a few examples. It is not possible for an individual or a terminal or multiple terminals to bring the union to Estes. you will be viewed as a contagious virus and exterminated. a bonfire they will use an ocean full of water to put out. It isnt even worth dreaming of unless the dream ends with you and your followers looking for work. If you want a union, go work for a company that has one. The big E will NEVER be a union shop.

One more time: History has shown us how Estes reponds to any orgaization effort. The big E will NEVER be a union shop.
That's right. You forgot to mention 029. I don't know what those idiots at 014 were thinking not to mention La marada. Those 014 guys went to the home terminal running their chompers about that ::shit::. Anyhow, they are back up and running at full schedule now without the riff raff

that's interesting,,,,:6837: i may have lost a job and a couple of pals over that Pulaski "rumor" o well :smilies-19296:

Age and years of service that add up to 80 and your out the door. How ever it has changed up a bit for the YRC folks ..
How are you gonna retire at 52, bootleg ?? 57 is retirement age, and they are planning to put it up 62. Also how much per month has that 3800 been deflated ?

I really like reading this thread here.. No name calling back and forth Evil vs Good .
Now I will ask this question kind of off topic but I wonder every time I see one of these trucks.
Back in the GI days their was an outfit that pulled GI and Estes trailers. They were white International tractors and I believe they were out of the Southern confederate states. I see the same trucks with a GI logo now that has been modified a bit and says GP. Are these the guys I see running up and down i- 10 doing Estes line haul ?

I think everything we drive will have these Estes logo. We do have some white trucks and some H Depot dedicated truck with a HD decal on them

We have plenty of outside help but not sure about Gp unless that's a western thing. Don't know for sure. I mainly just work here even though I may come across as a goober smooching company man at times. Lol

Maybe a Western thing but I am a seeing them in the South now too. Any body else ?
We have plenty of outside help but not sure about Gp unless that's a western thing. Don't know for sure. I mainly just work here even though I may come across as a goober smooching company man at times. Lol