Bronx

Discussion in 'A. Duie Pyle' started by xeastend, Aug 12, 2017.

1. xeastend

xeastend Well-Known Member

So on my way out to Mattituck ( east end if Long Island) decided to try to find the Bronx term. Found it!! I do not think it will be to bad to get into. There is a Restaurant Depot there. If the OTR guys can do it, so can we. It is in the water so bring you fishing gear

2. jrz13

jrz13 Member

I used to do a lot of deliveries and pick ups in Hunts Point. The entire area getting in and out is set up for trucking so it's a real easy area to maneuver in, even if you have to go around the block. Just watch u don't run over any hookers after dark.... seriously they're EVERYWHERE. They even made an HBO special about it

shroomhauler likes this.
  3. Nobodycares

Nobodycares Member

I won't be spending my 30 minute break looking around.

4. jrz13

jrz13 Member

Lmao... all that being said, guys are stressing it thinking they're driving in Midtown. Bronx terminal is in probably the easiest accessible area for trucks NYC has. And u might get some extra time at the GWB on the way in

shroomhauler likes this.
  5. xeastend

I have don my fair share of NYC. All boroughs. Should not be a big issue. That being said, leaving should be a different route than entering. Someone will miss the sign and end up in Harlem lol

6. Gto561

Gto561 Member

what ever happened with the proposed Bronx terminal?

7. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

Still in process, welcome to NYC red tape !!!

8. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

$$$ talks :crap:walks, Oh my did I say that!?

9. xeastend

Thinking the new term in Saco, Maine will be operational first. Still bare ground (I think). Wagers????

jrz13 likes this.
  10. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

That's Canada eh!!
    They say their a little Waco in Saco
    Have you heard the same???

11. xeastend

Some of the Maine drivers are not wrapped all that tight!! But in a different way than the NJ based guys

12. jrz13

jrz13 Member

I know they're gearing up for it. We already got a section of handhelds for Bronx drivers only

13. xeastend

Here is the latest. Got this from the outbound dock boss in Brunswick. Jan 2 he was told. Guess he should know. That is where he is going. The guy lives in Queens. He cant wait

14. jrz13

jrz13 Member

Allegedly Tuesday the 2nd. We been moving equipment all week to NYX terminal.

15. xeastend

I am line haul Got a msg on the time clock. Tuesday Jan 2

16. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

It opened today!!

17. jrz13

jrz13 Member

A little advice I hope helps. #1 the right onto St. Anns Street swing wide
    #2 when you make your LEFT on the Bruckner, bear to the Right... the ramp will put you back on 895. If you end up back on 895 (which it seems everyone is doing) go down to Westchester Ave make a left and a left (Bruckner Blvd) and follow it down 2 miles to Leggett Ave. It can be a little tricky if your not familiar with how NY has its one ways and center medians

18. jrz13

jrz13 Member

Oh, 1 other thing. Oak Point Ave looks like it comes to an end at a driveway, keep going and it's right there. There are no Duie Pyle signs visible until your on top of it. When you see signs for Jetro we're in front of them

19. xeastend

So what I hear, several guys have gotten tickets already. They made a right on to Legget off the inner roadway of Brunckner Blvd. Why the directions (so I am told) come in off 87 instead of 895 I have no clue

20. jrz13

jrz13 Member

Yes, crossing the medians... I just go over GWB to 4A and the first exit Westchester Ave and straight to Bruckner/Leggett from there. With no traffic it's faster also. The directions aren't for trucks really, you CAN BUT..