XPO | Brooks

I know we lost rolled alloy a couple weeks ago. Most of their product was created in white, heavy cardboard boxes, some had no box or crate. Now that we don’t take uncrated steel, they went elsewhere. As much as it was garbage freight, the profit was huge and added big numbers for my barn personally. I know all drivers are happy to not have to handle it anymore, I’ll miss the bottom line. No bonus for me next year.

For every piece of ::shit:: we lose. They go and find ten more.

I know we lost rolled alloy a couple weeks ago. Most of their product was created in white, heavy cardboard boxes, some had no box or crate. Now that we don’t take uncrated steel, they went elsewhere. As much as it was garbage freight, the profit was huge and added big numbers for my barn personally. I know all drivers are happy to not have to handle it anymore, I’ll miss the bottom line. No bonus for me next year.
I don't know...I've seen their freight quite often and the packaging took a beating ( at least the freight that came to my area ) BUT , almost all of the time it was cosmetic , superficial damage and the consignee accepted the delivery.

Being so short sighted will keep you blind to the danger for a while. But eventually it will get close enough that you see it.
I can see clearly now. I don't get my panties in a wad like so many do here over personal or policy of which they have absolutely no control. I am 60 years old. I learned a long time ago what to lose sleep over. Management shake ups cause me to lose no sleep at all. You and so many others that post here can worry for me. What I read at TB reminds me of a bunch of chicken littles running around claiming the sky Is falling. XPO's end is near. We are soon to be sold. Vote union/don't vote union. As for me with my eyes wide open, seeing clearly, a CDL with HZMat and doubles and tanker endorsement I will go work 65+ hours and earn two grand. Why would I worry? You and I just see things differently.

I can see clearly now. I don't get my panties in a wad like so many do here over personal or policy of which they have absolutely no control. I am 60 years old. I learned a long time ago what to lose sleep over. Management shake ups cause me to lose no sleep at all. You and so many others that post here can worry for me. What I read at TB reminds me of a bunch of chicken littles running around claiming the sky Is falling. XPO's end is near. We are soon to be sold. Vote union/don't vote union. As for me with my eyes wide open, seeing clearly, a CDL with HZMat and doubles and tanker endorsement I will go work 65+ hours and earn two grand. Why would I worry? You and I just see things differently.

It's comical. Several posters have told you that this short sighted " philosophy " is why all trucking jobs keep losing ground. And your response is always something in a round about way of saying... but this is all I can see.

It's comical. Several posters have told you that this short sighted " philosophy " is why all trucking jobs keep losing ground. And your response is always something in a round about way of saying... but this is all I
It's comical. Several posters have told you that this short sighted " philosophy " is why all trucking jobs keep losing ground. And your response is always something in a round about way of saying... but this is all I can see.
Ok. How about this? I do not buy into your opinions or so many of the others that post here of certain imminent doom. Constantly opining XPO sucks and that management wants to screw all of us drivers over with every fiber in their body. Truth is many of the opinions I read here seem to come from adolescent minds. This is the best job I have ever had. I agreed to work here at the terms Con-Way and XPO offered. No one forced me to sign on with the company and if I do not like the way things are going I can leave at any time. No notice required. I am not going to ****, moan and cry about a decision that I made with my eyes wide open. I like it here. I work with a good crew. We have hired over thirty drivers this year. Life is pretty good. You can find fault with the company and complain all you want. I choose not to live my life that way. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

( this was written in a non roundabout way )

I agree with a lot of what you say. And we differ on some things. But that is mostly just perspective. If you had my environment. You might have my opinions.