SAIA | buckle up common sense has left the building.

Dracula

TB Veteran
Credits
that must have been a hell of an e-mail from a big address. it seems that terminal managers are toeing a new line of "urgency" and not of common sense. Apparently, someone has sent word that drivers are taking too long to transit terminals. The mantra is, drops should take no longer than 15 min. Hooks the same and than an additional 15 minutes for whatever. However, when asked about fueling, the tone got just a little ugly. How about the time to walk paperwork onto the dock and retrieve the new numbers and or paperwork? The tone went downhill from there. They don't want to hear excuses. What about when you, the terminal managers, order tractors moved for service and inspection? Meeting over.
Common sense has left the building.

that must have been a hell of an e-mail from a big address. it seems that terminal managers are toeing a new line of "urgency" and not of common sense. Apparently, someone has sent word that drivers are taking too long to transit terminals. The mantra is, drops should take no longer than 15 min. Hooks the same and than an additional 15 minutes for whatever. However, when asked about fueling, the tone got just a little ugly. How about the time to walk paperwork onto the dock and retrieve the new numbers and or paperwork? The tone went downhill from there. They don't want to hear excuses. What about when you, the terminal managers, order tractors moved for service and inspection? Meeting over.
Common sense has left the building.

And that's why I take notes, waiting for paperwork, could not IVR out due to not being setup on the computer, waiting at the gate, etc.

I haven't noticed anything new inregards to that. Once I get off the dock, I do only have 30 minutes to do everything I need to before departing for ATL though. That's plenty of time normally, but if I run into a problem it makes getting out by my cut really close.

Demolitionman,
The problem is not when you leave your house, the problem is when you pass through the big house,in your case ATL. How much time have they scheduled for your transit through ATL?

I'm scheduled to arrive at 230am and depart at 330am. Most of the time I get here early and either barely make my cut or miss it by miles.

One hour should be the norm, that's reasonable. My meet man says that he is scheduled for only 45 minutes and he has to fuel there. That's just not right.

I think your cut time should be based on when they have to start paying you delay pay assuming you pull pups. That's how mine is set up. If I pull vans both ways, I can make my cut and still get around 15 minutes. There are some runs with way too much time built into them, and there are others where there is too little. Take my outlook on it.....it's not a cut time, it's a suggested depart time....well that is unless it's you causing the time to be missed.

You can be in an out of dark terminal less than 30 mintues that with washing you hands and getting something out of coke machine.
That being said, going to some place like HST getting you hook numbers, fuel, trailers hooked, weighted and paper work 1 hour too the
minute. Thats if all the lights work and you are not overweight.

or if you go thrugh hky and have to unload pups every time cause some dumbass that runs the outbound there and the robots in central cant keep pups there ive been there til 6 am and seen the tm come into work sometimes lol

Or even getting yelled at because their failed bulk fuel program wasn't working again. Have to buy retail fuel at least twice a week now. Yes I still get put on the naughty list for doing it as well.. Fix the pumps ass clowns!!! and I won't buy retail fuel!!!

I guess getting in and out of Tifton under 30 is pretty good if you find a flat spot. It always seems that ya have to break a set that is going to Miami in Orlando to get one of the trls. So should ya try to call central to get paid for an xtra d/h no because you'll be on hold for 30-40 min. I was running meet this past week and the milage was right but the time is wrong. I'd be 10 min. late before I'd dispatch. I love how in Atl. the t.v. says where your trls. are spotted and they are not their and the mechanics leave for the weekend at midnight. As busy as Atl. is, there should be someone their 24/7. just venting a bit