XPO | Building a slip seat box

Where did you find the cloth and black plastic corners.

If you have a Radio Shack near your home you can get those parts mentioned.
Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, ACE hardware, Pep Boys, etc. has the adhesive.
They might also have certain corner protectors and carpeting.

Here is a place to look.
Carpeting

Corner Protector

3M Spray Adhesive

I know there are many more sources but I just posted off the top of my head.

So I have asked my TM, the regional safety manager, and the entire shop crew including sending a letter out to other terminals. A shop guy and I looked through the policies book online also. Non of these people could find or knew anything about this being an audit item.

"Where did you find the cloth and black plastic corners." from flpr3
The black corners are actually metal, and you can find them at Radio Shack or Partsexpress.com. They are $0.65 each.

Okay clarification time.
Ask your TM's if you need to have a layer between the two and ask them if it is an audit exception and a potential write up.
Other than that, you guys are building nice looking slip seat boxes.

DW,

I was told by my former TM that speaker box carpet was OK as the layer between the seat and box. Mine is covered in the same material and he OKed it.

This was about mid 2007 he approved it.

You don't even have to build on out of wood( I took my mom's fishing cooler-she's still looking for it-)and cut out some holes for speakers and stereo and it works great!

Pre-made boxes

So has anyone actually ever purchased a pre-made box?

Seems to me a good alternative...

Rat :rockon:

So has anyone actually ever purchased a pre-made box?

Seems to me a good alternative...

Rat :rockon:

Somewhat. I have always bought wheels and other vehicle stuff from a custom car shop and they built mine. I put some higher end speakers in it and it sounds great. They took a 10" speaker box and put my speakers, outlets, and receiver where the 10"er would normally be. I mounted my CB and speaker on top and it provides easy access to all the buttons. I tried one of those pre-made boxes and always got vibration noises with the volume up. I also didn't like how the pre-made one sat on the seat - I thought it was hard to get to all the buttons. The 10" box sits on the seat perfect.

Rat I bought the one that looks like a briefcase. Has all the holes cut out for you. Just mount your stuff and go.

Rat I bought the one that looks like a briefcase. Has all the holes cut out for you. Just mount your stuff and go.

This one?

Light20Box203203100L20750.gif

Thanks

Rat :smilie_132:

Yeah thats it. All you have to do is drill a couple of holes for the power cord, antenna and mounting bracket for the CB. You can store your mic and coax inside. Makes it real easy to carry.