XPO | Building a slip seat box

what type of batterie are you guys running in your boxes so that the radio will stay on while the truck is shuy off. looking for the lightest one out there that will work
I would use an electronics gel cell battery similar to the ones they use in those powerwheels for kids. I forgot the brand. They run about $40.

I would use an electronics gel cell battery similar to the ones they use in those powerwheels for kids. I forgot the brand. They run about $40.

There are several different brands.....We recently bought 1 for a little 4 wheeler. Yuasa makes them, also Peg-Perego is carried at Walmart here locally.... It cost $70.00 3 months ago...

There are several different brands.....We recently bought 1 for a little 4 wheeler. Yuasa makes them, also Peg-Perego is carried at Walmart here locally.... It cost $70.00 3 months ago...

Its that price for the actual name brand one. I'm just talking in general. You know those powerwheel batteries are just a Yuasa or whatever brand with a connector glued on top of the battery. I was on my cell phone, so I couldn't post a link. They are called a SLA (sealed lead acid) or Gel Cell.

Look here: Gruber Batteries

all kinds of sizes. I guess it depends on if you want that kicker to work or not when the power is out.

Its that price for the actual name brand one. I'm just talking in general. You know those powerwheel batteries are just a Yuasa or whatever brand with a connector glued on top of the battery. I was on my cell phone, so I couldn't post a link. They are called a SLA (sealed lead acid) or Gel Cell.

Look here: Gruber Batteries

all kinds of sizes. I guess it depends on if you want that kicker to work or not when the power is out.

That's what we paid at Walmart for the Peg-Perego.

I have never used this method. I was just throwing out what info I have on the type battery you suggested.
The one we have is a 12 volt/ 12 amp hour.......

Looks Like the link that you gave has a lot better pricing though....$26.00 compared to $70.00 wow

see this pic:

powerwheelsbatt.jpg

All you have to do is remove the two wires and then reattach to another battery with an inline fuse or circuit breaker. Take the connector and wrap some strong tape around the battery to hold it to the top or maybe glue it? I think the battery is a 12ah if I remember right? 10ah maybe? I'm sure you have seen those fuse holders that hold a flat automotive type fuse(don't know the name of them) with the two wires?

This is if you want to use the same charger. You can change the connectors entirely and throw away the powerwheels charger if you want to go to quick charging. I just have the slow charger personally. It takes 12 hours. If my battery goes out I'll just swap the connector. Cheaper.

I don't even know why I mentioned powerwheels, but thats just what came to mind.

hey guys, can i get a quick diagram for a box? i've been driving with con-way for about 6 weeks and i dont have one yet. i went to the original thread and didnt see any diagrams. thanks you guys!

justlikefrank, are you talking about wiring? I bought the aluminum box from aluminum box company, the one that fits between our seats, not the small one that sits on the seat. For wiring, I had them install a plug, and ordered a power cord that plugs into the plug. You could make one yourself as well. For the internals, I ran the red from the radio and the cb together, the blacks together. I installed a 12v acces. plug into my box, so ran those wires together with the other ones. I installed an in-line fuse in front of all the other wires, If I hook up wrong by mistake, it blows the fuse rather than my electronics. Then, simply hook up one hot wire to the plug, one black to the other side of the plug, and your good to go.