TForce | bumping a lower position

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
we have a driver (15 years) at our terminal that is tired of his position and has been saying he is gonna bump someone else out of there position and he hasn't deceided what position he wants. (volume runs, dock/w cdl, route driver)

His current position is loading outbound trailers then takes a set to the closest hub (about 60 miles) and back

Can he just take someone elses position just becuase he wants to?

I didn't think city runs or dock work was bid on and this really isn't a bid that is up, he justs wants a different job.

Anyone clear on how ups handles this?

webidiot said:
if he is non-union he can do what ever he wants with the companies blessing....leo's vision is now the vision of the unemployment line
:bgroovy: Your name says it all. He can't do what he wants and never will. There have been rules on that forever. If you want a new jobclass there has to be a bid opening and you go to the bottom end of story!!!:chairshot:

webidiot said:
if he is non-union he can do what ever he wants with the companies blessing....leo's vision is now the vision of the unemployment line

You know better than that :duh: ..... He goes to the bottom of the new job classifaction under the old rules at M/C and the new rules at upsf

Speaking of bumping and bids, I read the recent intergration letter and here in the LA basin we have 4 service centers to divide between. Pico,Montebello,Simi,and Fullerton. The letter said that they might have to move people to keep them employed, am I the only one worried about this and should I be worried?

steve5 said:
Speaking of bumping and bids, I read the recent intergration letter and here in the LA basin we have 4 service centers to divide between. Pico,Montebello,Simi,and Fullerton. The letter said that they might have to move people to keep them employed, am I the only one worried about this and should I be worried?

Are you working out of a MC or Ovnt yard?
How long have you been with the company?
I think it might get a little lean but they don't want to lose any drivers. I think some might have to drive a little farther to work or do runs they might not like for a while. But I believe it will pay off in the end.

If you remember all the stuff Viking with through with Roadway then FedEx it took them a while to get it together. We will do the same thing.

my name does not say it all....good bye driver you have to have freight to work...they really screwed this up...you think they are going to pay you while the freight picks up....webidiot maybe but not a non-union idiot...

Skeeter said:
I think it might get a little lean but they don't want to lose any drivers. I think some might have to drive a little farther to work or do runs they might not like for a while. But I believe it will pay off in the end.

If you remember all the stuff Viking with through with Roadway then FedEx it took them a while to get it together. We will do the same thing.
I hear what your saying but Viking did not have to intergrate with another company out west right?

Maybe this guy that wants to change jobs,could just hang in there, do his best,and as soon as he sees something open to his liking he could ask his TM to use him.

When I first got into trucking I found that you had to start at the bottom,and work up.
Funny how most young people want to skip the bottom part.

May the lord direct your path it works for me.

Skeeter said:

Ovnt or MC yard? Is one better to be at than the other at the time of intergration? I don't mind driving a little farther, it's the seniority I'd loose moving. Where I am at now I have great seniority,(our no1 line driver has a job class seniority of only 7 years.) The lease co. did all line with the exception of two. So to make a long story even longer, if I move to an ovnt yard there is a good chance of me being at the bottom of the board.

doing what they want

we had a driver that was on the road and decided to go back to the city. he got his wish, no bid was posted they just let him go, being non-union they don't even have to follow the hanbook, or any procedure.