Central Transport | Bunch of sales and operations folks quit today

South Bend Manager turned in his resignation Monday! Their dropping like flies.

How about it? Are you Drivers gett'n a clue yet, or are you all still determined on going down with the ship?

Hah, Millie quit at the Bend eh. He was one of the best managers this company ever had. When all the good ones are leaving , that tells us all something does it not?

Ya hope they can get us in at ct. But when the app says previous employer vitran they'll throw the app in the trash. Lol

I swear I have been just sitting back and reading all this for the last few days and it's starting to make me sick. The fact is no one really knows why all this turnover is going on.....We don't know what goes on behind the scenes....Drama...Drama...Drama...Spin....Spin....Spin.... All of this is spectulation....These people may have finally been told to get off their fat lazy azz's and bring in some more business...They may have started feeling the heat and couldn't take it...They were starting to be held accountable.....I say get the hell out....If you don't want to be here then go...I don't want you here. Get your azz over to CT and good luck...Look you are either part of the solution or part of the problem....If this company goes out of business don't let it be because you didn't give 100%.....Let it be because they were mis-managed. You know the kind of things that are out of your control....Most guys on here know what I'm about...I'm close to retirement and plan on going down with the ship....If that happens...Which no one knows...But if it does at least I know that I gave it all....Beyond that I really don't care....My family and faith is all I care about...Let the chips fall where they may...But good grief don't bury the old dog before she's dead.

that is what i hoped the video was going to include, actual information, but it did not. communication is the key to prevent lies and jumping to conclusions. speaking from my terminal, i think sales is having a shake up due to being told to get business or get out, and other than martini luncheons, a lot of them are stumbled as how to close the deal it has been so long anyone has kept track of their actions

that is what i hoped the video was going to include, actual information, but it did not. communication is the key to prevent lies and jumping to conclusions. speaking from my terminal, i think sales is having a shake up due to being told to get business or get out, and other than martini luncheons, a lot of them are stumbled as how to close the deal it has been so long anyone has kept track of their actions
I couldn't have said it better myself

Dear Vitran Drivers: Please keep this in mind if you have to get another job due to company failure...

GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOV) -- A Granite City man who used to drive an 18-wheeler for Hostess says he is having a hard time getting a new job because Hostess has not been forwarding information on his driving record to potential employers.
Richard Marzuco says he’s been driving a truck for 27 years and has a good driving record and has never failed a drug test.
Marzuco says as Hostess was in its final days of business he felt sympathy for others at the company who would have to find work. He says he’s never had a problem landing a job and there is work available for truckers so he did not worry about his future. But that has now changed. He says potential employers are not going to wait several weeks for the paperwork to come through from Hostess and are filling the positions with other drivers.

Granite City man claims Hostess hurting future job prospects | KMOV.com St. Louis

maybe i should keep track how much is our own compared to how much is 3PL freight? without doing that, i am thinking 50/50 anymore, this in itself is not a direct result of a sales problem, some customers do not want to rely on just one carrier like the old days. don't get me wrong, not all 3PL freight is cheap or a pain in the but, i know of a couple providers who get a high enough rate due to being the "solve it all people" and after their cut we still come out on the $$ end, but, that is few and far between anymore.

Why would they go to CTII ? No pay raise in almost 7 years, the V losing 40 million this year with certain paycuts coming once again and this time they won't be 5% like in 09. Chances are they won't cut us drivers and hourly pay folk but salaried are going to get hit hard ,probably 10-15%. Tell me why they would stay with the way things have been the past 6 years ? We don't know what CT has done the past few years. Word is they have spent over 10 million on technology upgrades just the past two years and the folks that went there don't have to worry about having a job anytime soon.

CTII is YEARS and I mean YEARS ahead of Vitran in technology. It would blow your mind what is over there. People can paint whatever picture they want to about CT but the fact is CT makes a profit. Something no one seams to be able to do at The V.
For the ones who don't think CT makes money, that's fine. But I knew CT just took two top Regional Managers, 6 of the tops reps and 5 of the best TM's from Vitran. People who have been there 10+ years. So they must think it's worth the move over.
CT does just as much freight as V....Fact! Terminals aren't as large because they have twice the terminals V has so they don't have to run 100 mile peddles. In the past, CT may not have been the place to work, but they have never taken a pay cut, there growing and wanting more leaders.
Things are changing people. CT isn't the CT you may have known in the past...Fact...

MM from South Bend - quit or fired? I was told he was fired.

Talked to MM today. He turned in his two week notice Monday and is going to CT with the rest of the PJAX Managers and Salespeople. For some reason, Vitran Managers are not being solicited by CT.

Wonder why?

Ct is the same ctii down south, funny thing is two drivers from ct went over to vitran. Ct must paint a differnt picture up north then they do down south. Just sayin

most of the good vitran management were from pjax and the places they were located is the footprint of our most profitable market. there's only one salesman left in the state of michigan and he did'nt get picked because he could'nt sell a glass of lemonade in august.

most of the good vitran management were from pjax and the places they were located is the footprint of our most profitable market. there's only one salesman left in the state of michigan and he did'nt get picked because he could'nt sell a glass of lemonade in august.

I talked to a Mgr today that said the system is down to only 12,000 bills a day, linehaul doesn't move anything and if it does move, the freight is destroyed by the time its arrives.. Next Friday will be his last. I will be surprised if Vjax's makes it to July.

don't have an answer, he mentioned it after recent video said they want a 16,000 bill count

Vitran did hit 16k bills per day several times back in March 2012, now running around 13K per day with many days below that. Shooter in IND also says revenue per cwt has dropped since then as well as we give away margin to secure new biz and keep current biz on trucks.

Vitran did hit 16k bills per day several times back in March 2012, now running around 13K per day with many days below that. Shooter in IND also says revenue per cwt has dropped since then as well as we give away margin to secure new biz and keep current biz on trucks.

Gee, have something to do with these sales people letting everything ship as "Actual class ***, shipped at FAK Class **"? Every time I see that "FAK" I see money going out the door