ADuiePyle | Bunk room quality?

mr.will

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear soom of your drivers dont like their bunkrooms, if you saw the conditions of the other companies facitilites you would be shocked!

in 2006 i repainted all the bunkrooms at the streetsboro, oh barn. i remember some of the drivers getting pissed off because they were trying to sleep. the rooms were nice everyone had directv, and only one driver to a room.

they are usually pretty decent. you have your own thermostat, sat. t.v., usually a vcr or dvd. clean sheets ect... radio, blacked out windows if there are any.
what else do you need?

rooms are good

whats wrong with a motel? company too cheap? i bet the boss dosnt stay in a bunk room when he is traveling why should you?

:nutkick: the majority of the guys like the rooms over the motels. They are cleaned every day, satilite tv. plus they have a car to use to go out and eat. there is tv lounge area if they dont want to be in the room. most locations also have a work out room.
Maybe most drivers at Roadway, oops I mean YRC wouldn't stay at one at thei:flame:r terminal because they were too dirty !!!!

I am a Pyle truckload driver.Had to use the bunkrooms recently.Very well maintained.Also used some motels with another company that the other LTL carriers use.
Those motels suck!! Pyle would most likely save money with those flophouses,but they seem to care about the drivers

Just visiting here from another carrier and leaving my two cents. I have a sleeper tractor and they give me the option of staying in the truck or going to the motel. As long as i'm not out more than one day i'll stay in the truck. At least there i know my sheets are clean and there's no bugs. But if i were offered a bunkroom with the level of attention that it sounds like your's gets i would probally opt to use it instead. Sounds like your employer still cares about you, and that's hard to find today! Just remember, you don't know what you have till it's gone.

Stay safe

I am a Pyle truckload driver.Had to use the bunkrooms recently.Very well maintained.Also used some motels with another company that the other LTL carriers use.
Those motels suck!! Pyle would most likely save money with those flophouses,but they seem to care about the drivers
I'm an x-Holland driver before YRC takeover motels (95%) were class places but now most are dumps. Bunkhouse sounds nice to me.

I'm an x-Holland driver before YRC takeover motels (95%) were class places but now most are dumps. Bunkhouse sounds nice to me.

i'm an ex big R driver, and i will tell you that there is no comparison. the rooms are clean (no bugs, pubes, dead hookers under the mattress, pimps knocking on the door, car alarms, screaming kids, mysterious stains, leaky ceilings, springs poking through the mattresses, or pillows with all the padding of a washcloth). i was really shocked at how much better we live here. hell, most of the terminals have washers and dryers if you get stuck out longer than you planned.