Yellow | Bunkroom by proxy (LCP Hotel)

gone

TB Lurker
Credits
So there is a new hotel for Lancaster. Not quite a dump, but they sure are working on it.

Smoke detector duct taped to wall. Real classy.

Shower smeled like a locker room.

Toilet wasn't cleaned. Or flushed after last use.

Drywall dust all over everything.

Then there is the resturaunt. Just say no.

What really surprised me is we stay in a seperate building across the parking lot, and I didn't see any "regualr" guests staying in this building. I also didn't notice that much business in the "good" side of the operation.

My letter to Holiday Inn corporate is on the way.

As far as Yellow, all I ask is the same quality of room that their contractor (the hotel) would provide to any other guest. If Yellow expects us to be professionals, I dammed sure expect to be treated like a professional, and that includes the hotels. I'm not some second class lowlife to be stuck "in the back".

whoooww! kind of sounds like the motel in nashville. things can't be this bad that we have to stay there. how bout it corporate? try room 744

Not so bad at LCP

I haven't had any bad experiences there yet, except for having regular guests put into the room next me, one time. (Yes, they do put others into that building). They seem to be trying to get into the groove, with us. They use legal american maids. The last time I was there, I met the housekeeping mgr, who was very nice. She was there late at night doing rooms, due to call offs. Aside from the lack of nice places to walk/eat, I think its nice. The staff tries to be very nice and accomodating I think.

Pizza

Barney said:
I thought LCP was a decent place, cept I can't get the good pizza and the liquid sleeping pill.

You can walk over to Cosco (sp?), in their entranceway you can buy huge pizza slices for about a buck seventy or a whole pie for about eleven. Liquid pills I don't know anywhere yet.

Testpilot said:
So there is a new hotel for Lancaster. Not quite a dump, but they sure are working on it.

Smoke detector duct taped to wall. Real classy.

Shower smeled like a locker room.

Toilet wasn't cleaned. Or flushed after last use.

Drywall dust all over everything.

Then there is the resturaunt. Just say no.

What really surprised me is we stay in a seperate building across the parking lot, and I didn't see any "regualr" guests staying in this building. I also didn't notice that much business in the "good" side of the operation.

My letter to Holiday Inn corporate is on the way.

As far as Yellow, all I ask is the same quality of room that their contractor (the hotel) would provide to any other guest. If Yellow expects us to be professionals, I dammed sure expect to be treated like a professional, and that includes the hotels. I'm not some second class lowlife to be stuck "in the back".

Your not the guy from the other week who had it out with them over smoking in a nonsmoking room are you?

Well It would seem that there are bad motels throughout the system now. NSH has been keeping us in real palace as well as MEM. All you have to do is grieve it everytime you have a dissatisfactory stay at any of the hotels in the system. IND has been changed to a different hotel a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how they expect us to get a proper rest when we have to worry about our health and safety at the motel. You make an excellent point Testpilot, they expect us to act like professionals and yet they don't feel they need to treat us as such. All I can say is don't pass up a chance to let them know that they are not doing that. I don't expect to have top of the line accomodations but I do expect them to be clean, safe, and comfortable in order to get my proper rest.

pa-juggalo said:
Your not the guy from the other week who had it out with them over smoking in a nonsmoking room are you?

Nope. First time there, and it really doesn't matter to me. I don't, wife does, so I'm used to it.

Wow you would think you were paying for the room. I had to stay there two weeks ago and found it OK the only thing I have to say is you can please some of the people some of the time but some not at all

yo....

i really don't think the lodging situation is totally the motel owner's fault....

after going to many motels along with fellow drivers and seeing how the misfits and freaks i work with treat some of these people and places it's a wonder we don't bunk in sleepers.....

if we acted better as a group we might get better accomodations.....

right now, we're in a palace in STP......

we've been here for about a month.......

in this time i saw one driver go after the van driver because he wouldn't go to the c-store for him even though he didn't ask him, he told him........

i caught another guy filling up a bag of muffins from the breakfast buffet, i guess times are bad and he needed the food.......

gimme a break.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; the STP hotel aint gonna last long because the smokers are on the 2nd floor and there aint no elevator.....

wolfmanjack said:
Wow you would think you were paying for the room. I had to stay there two weeks ago and found it OK the only thing I have to say is you can please some of the people some of the time but some not at all

Maybe you would like to clarify and expand on your comments?

The room is part of my compensation package that was negotiated for me by my union. My pay is top of the industry, as are most of my benefits. You want to wallow in the mud like some countrified JB Hunt driver, go work there. As for me, I am expected to be the best in the industry, and I expect to be treated like it.

Sorry about your situation.

Testpilot,
This is the 2nd thread you've started regarding lousy motels.....I assume you've filed to get out of both of them? Well, at least LCP? Did you file on the old one at IND?

stldude44 said:
Testpilot,
This is the 2nd thread you've started regarding lousy motels.....I assume you've filed to get out of both of them? Well, at least LCP? Did you file on the old one at IND?

I filed on the IND hotel. I am not convinced that the hotel situation at LCP is worthy of filing at this time, however, as I stated, they seem to be working on it. It could go either way. It is not a dump by any stretch of the imagination, but do we really have to wait for it to become a dump to make our opinions known?

What I do belive is that people with the ability to change things are aware of this website and use it as a way to see which way the wind is blowing on some issues. Extra board drivers spend almost 33% of their nights in hotels of Yellows choosing. It is as important a part of our relationship with our employer as our health insurance and pay. Bill Zollars would not even consider sending a truck down the road that was in as bad a condition as the IND hotel was. I am only asking that the local management at YFS put as much effort in this vendor relationship as they do in any other (parts, cleaning, plowing, etc.)

We deserve it.

Testpilot,
I'm not saying that we don't deserve better than the conditions of some places we stay.....I don't think you'll see any changes of motels because of what might be read on here though. Mgmt. doesn't stay at places like these. A grievance is what starts the process of a move.

Testpilot said:

The room is part of my compensation package that was negotiated for me by my union. My pay is top of the industry, as are most of my benefits. You want to wallow in the mud like some countrified JB Hunt driver, go work there. As for me, I am expected to be the best in the industry, and I expect to be treated like it.

Sorry I came off like a *****. Just hate to see good people sell themselves short.

You know that when the managers stay in a hotel, they are on the phone to the front desk whining about having their pillows fluffed and their chocolates before beddie bye :)

It goes back to professionalism. I've heard it from my TM at STL. that part of the problem is in fact us. I don't know if this is true or not. I haven't met anyone that doesn't know how to act with professionalism that works at Yellow. I can see how so would lose their cool when faced with having to stay in some of the dumps we are sent too. The MEM situation is not of our own doing. The Cab Co. that was contracted to take us there went out of business shortly after getting the contract. So we are forced to go to the Airport Inn which has it's own transport. This is a thinly vailed excuse to put us back in cheaper lodging. All they had to do is hire a different cab Co. And The same thing has been happening at other places in the system. The problems at NSH were all started when Yello refused to pay more for transport to the Super 8. So to is the problem at STP where CLC or Yellow refused to negotiate with the Holiday Inn in Burnsville over the price for the rooms. How is this the fault of the drivers? Cuth or uncuth I don't see how the drivers have any say in where we are kept anymore other than to grieve the deplorable condition we are being forced in many cases now to endure. The fact of the matter is that these establishments agree to a set of terms when they negotiate the contracts withCLC and as soon as they establish the business they work hard to do as little as posssible to meet those terms that have been agreed upon.

My spouse is an exec at a major hotel in the area. She has all sorts of "contract" guests, from truck drivers to pro sports teams. She also has contacts at all of the other hotels in the area and, for what its worth, the truck drivers are no better of worse than any other guest. The worst ones she has encountered are airline crews and kids sports groups. She says that the freight truckers aren't a big deal because they are usually in and out too fast to cause a problem.

Mind you, the bar at her hotel charges $8 for a draft beer, so I don't imagine that drinking is a problem :)

I have noticed that hotels sometimes treat you differently because you work at yellow (or wherever). Maybe it's just me.

I haven't really noticed that. I have heard it said that the owners feel that they are not getting paid a fair amount for the driver but again this is negotiated at the very beginning. So at least if they agree to the terms then they should live up to those terms until the contract is up.

Testpilot said:
Nope. First time there, and it really doesn't matter to me. I don't, wife does, so I'm used to it.

I was just curious, I know the driver was upset, then ofcourse Halter who was running l/h told the motel if the guy keeps acting up, and smokes to throw him out. I'm on light duty up there part of the day, so I hear alot of crap in there.

Testpilot said:

Thats right you tell him you're a fancy man, and you expect fancy treatment. LOL.

You are right though, some of the hotels are pretty bad. They put us in a newer place in Indy. I was talking to a driver there from CGB, he was bitten by something at the NSH motel. the mark on his hand was awful. I had a bug bite on my chest a few weeks ago from the same hotel. I brought to managements attention at the hotel nicely and they said they would take care of it. But now I must get checked for Lyme disease. But my problem is this, Would the executives let any of their family stay at these hotels? I doubt it. So why should we be required to? Hope things get better. The Hotel at STL is awesome, great restaurant. Love to layover there.