ODFL | Burn out?

sparky said:
You could use him as a slave. After all he has to learn all the ropes:Bondage:

Slave or not, when you hear those rumble strips or smell brakes it all changes.
We're all slaves now with team driving and no split sleeper berth.

Beeman said:
Slave or not, when you hear those rumble strips or smell brakes it all changes.
We're all slaves now with team driving and no split sleeper berth.
Ya know I don't understand why they won't let teams log 5&5.But hey thats what happens when you have a bunch of people with book smarts and no common sense of trucking and life circumstances.I have learned that I'm no robot and when someone wants to tell me how to work that has no friggen clue about trucking need to BACK OFF!I know there are some super truckers still out there that need some action taken to them before they crash but why do the decent ones have to pay for the sorry ones actions.

I think im going to try and stick it out on linehaul.. I do see my wife quite a bit this way... She works 1230 to 2100, so she is leaving as I am going to sleep for the day. When the baby comes, if its too hard on her, I'll go back. But the new run I'll get may allow her to go part time at her work... which would be ideal.

Plus when we get our new terminal, we will bump up to 25 line drivers... I sit 6th as it is now... with a GREAT possibility for a day run if I want it... In all reality, this linehaul thing is freakin' easy money.

loggerhead said:
FlyBY,
I run linehaul during the day, have been for the last year,it sucks.When i worked nights for the previous 5 yrs with od, i was in heaven. I had more time with my family, plenty of time to pay bills etc....I get home about 7:30 pm Mon thru Fri now and after showering, eating, and putting the kids to bed, hell, there's no time for any quality time with the misses...When i worked nights....Yes it sucked, sooooo hard to stay awake, but i was home with the ol' lady more than i am now....Plus , when i got home in the am, i could hook up the boat and go to the river and wet a hook til at least noon.

Gotta love the fishing, snoozing on the boat!!

You, Sir, are full of it. You have a DAYTIME linehaul run, which are the most coveted in the entire trucking industry, and you have the colossal, unmitigated gall to insult the intelligence of EVERY trucker on the road today by saying that it sucks?!?!

Oh, sure. Go fishing until noon. No problem, that is until you come home and go to bed. You lie there and stare at the ceiling for about 8 hours, then get up and do it again, hoping you get through the night without passing out and killing somebody, but it sucks to have a day run?!?

:stupid: :BS: :BS: :stupid:

Sling Blade said:
You, Sir, are full of it. You have a DAYTIME linehaul run, which are the most coveted in the entire trucking industry, and you have the colossal, unmitigated gall to insult the intelligence of EVERY trucker on the road today by saying that it sucks?!?!

Oh, sure. Go fishing until noon. No problem, that is until you come home and go to bed. You lie there and stare at the ceiling for about 8 hours, then get up and do it again, hoping you get through the night without passing out and killing somebody, but it sucks to have a day run?!?

:stupid: :BS: :BS: :stupid:
MR. BLADE..
It seems I have touched a nerve with you .I'm sorry you are so miserable working nights.I, on the other hand really enjoyed driving at night. The only reason I'm working days is because I thought the same as you ...

My wife doesn't have to work, so she is home with the children.When I was on nights, I could take the family out to the river and spend quality time with them for 4 or 5 hours. When I got home I could eat a great dinner and sleep for at least 8 hrs before getting ready for work .

Its not clear who you work for , and I really dont care, but for you to call me stupid is a sign of your immaturity.Do you realize how bad the traffic is during the daytime? I drive from Columbia S.C to Tennessee and back everyday.........Do you realize how much construction is going on? True, it's the same as nights, but the traffic is soooooo much less.

When's the last time you sat in traffic for 3 to 4 hours a day? Its rare at night , but its an everyday occurence for me....It sucks...

MR. BLADE,
My family is more important to me than any run i could have.....I just seem to spend less time with them when i work days.......To each his own....If you feel like you are the big man in the third grade and wanna slander me, then more power to ya, pal....but i think the hundreds of friends i have driven with over the years will tell you ...I am the man!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerly yours,
LOGGERHEAD

i rather drive at night to you are so right triffic is all way bad during the day time. it was hard for me to stay a wake during the daytime. an like you said you you have more time to do things during the day an plus all the stores are open .

Logger, you ARE the man. The most skilled driver I have ever had the pleasure to run with.:thumbsup: :shades: :beerchug: :TR10driving03:

Thanks for the flowers Nervouswreck.I sure wish we could back to the ol' times .Maybe one day.......Hey...You remember the time we stopped to help out the three chicks with....nevermind...lol...:censored2: :censored2: :Banane01: :bananalama:

depends on milage...the first 3 months this year i was getting about 550-600 a day...good money but my 2 year old needed her daddy so im local now. now im making about 2/3 what i was..or about that anyway
but its ok. i also dont have to pay for road expences