Yellow | Buses Yellow owened to entertain shippers with? Line Haul drivers did the driving.

yellow freight

TB Lurker
Credits
They were the first Company that I worked that owned Buses like Greyhound and would travel to different Terminals ,(golf,football games,) Thats when they treated the Shippers very well for shipments.

The buses were not any Grayhound class.
Prevost high dollar buses and well cared for.
Yellow had two of these outfits. One was used for George Powell to visit his terminals on a yearly summer tour.
Had a Teamster bid driver.
The other was used to take customers to events and entertain.
Their was also a clean GMC Astro with a trailer behind full of safety swag and information.
This was back when GP ran the company and made money.
Last I saw of the buses was right after GP turned the company over to his kid. Early 90s

The buses were not any Greyhound class.
Prevost high dollar buses and well cared for.
Yellow had two of these outfits. One was used for George Powell to visit his terminals on a yearly summer tour.
Had a Teamster bid driver.
The other was used to take customers to events and entertain.
Their was also a clean GMC Astro with a trailer behind full of safety swag and information.
This was back when GP ran the company and made money.
Last I saw of the buses was right after GP turned the company over to his kid. Early 90s
I know there not greyhound, but the style i m not a bus driver, You're right they were top grade. I never seen the Astro and trailer back east. The driver would stand with me while i fueled and check the engine oil and fluid and belts. I was never allowed to take look inside the interior of the unit. Back then Yellow also still had a flat bed division out of Indy (Special Commodities) They also interlined with Montfort of Colorado for reefer loads, They did make money before getting greedy with the hiring of all the Frat Boys and all the people that got canned who knew the Freight Business.

And their # 1 driver too.

IMG_9653.md.jpeg
Used to pass by his statue every day on my commute to work. :smile new:
JackieGleason_Ralph_bus_driver_statue_PABT.JPG