SEFL | busy

The wife works at FT. Smith AR they are slammed, they are working the guys way too hard, some talk of moving on because no one wants to be married to the job, I guess they can't hire enough people, 14 hour days get old after a while, I hope they do some more hiring, there are alot of nice guys at FTS, I would hate to see any go , I know several of them.

I have had a lot of those 14 hour days of late. I might as well work it now because it will slow down before long.

They have been working the fire out of the FTS guys since last winter, they grow all the time. Sure is good to see someone else on this SEFL board, I wish it would grow.

The wife works at FT. Smith AR they are slammed, they are working the guys way too hard, some talk of moving on because no one wants to be married to the job, I guess they can't hire enough people, 14 hour days get old after a while, I hope they do some more hiring, there are alot of nice guys at FTS, I would hate to see any go , I know several of them.
It is a tough position to be in. It takes a good 3 weeks to get someone hired and ready to go here. The tough part is if you go out and hire to many people, when it slows down guys will get rotated days off and cry and complain about not getting enough hours.

I really don't like freight but one reason I didn't try to go to work for SEFL is because they work the drivers here to death, I would rather have more time at home with the family than work all those hours for the money, I know SEFL is a top notch company but I couldn't bring myself to do it, if i were going to go to a company without representation SEFL would be my first pick, they treat their people very well, much better than my experience with Fedex, I can pay the bills on 40 or less and thats all I need at this stage in life. I have never heard a driver bad mouth SEFL their only gripe is all the hours they have to work.

it can definately be tough at times i read about layoff updates on other threads and feel bad for them. I have a child with special health care needs and could not afford cobra coverage or to be without health insurance. I would much rather get 32 hours on a very slow week than get laid off with no benefits.

So far we have a lot to be thankful for at WAT. Frieght is up and down. Right now,as it was explained to me, the drivers that want to work four days a week can. The drivers that want or need more hours,they try to accomidate them.Now,understand,if frieght dictates that SEFL needs them to accomidate the customer's needs or frieght volumes,you are expected to work. I haven't been denied a day off when I ask for one. I have also covered other runs so dispatch can cover for drivers can be off. What more could you ask for !?!?! I have also been told that our volume is steady but our yield is somewhat down. I still think we have a lot to be thankful for,especially after reading and talking to drivers from other companies.
Please Drive Safe !
cc

rookies

for you rookie drivers....when being passed on the interstate...please dont hang a truck out in the hammer lane...when you play games like this it makes everone else on the road mad at both of us....I'm talking directly to line drivers that run I-40 between Little Rock and Ft Smith AR at night:1036316054: ...thank you...trying to be nice here....

for you rookie drivers....when being passed on the interstate...please dont hang a truck out in the hammer lane...when you play games like this it makes everone else on the road mad at both of us....I'm talking directly to line drivers that run I-40 between Little Rock and Ft Smith AR at night:1036316054: ...thank you...trying to be nice here....
Our trucks run 65, not to many games to be played when that is all you got.

Hello from jax we are steady not slammed we have enough work for everyone to get the houre you want they dont force anything on anyone its kinda nice we can pick how much we want sometimes but it all come down to taking care of the customers first because they come first if not we dont have jobs be safe evryone and remember god loves you
:smilie_132:

slow

i am glad that some of our terminals are busy, but here in orlando we have been slow for almost a year. we still get a day off almost every week. i don't know how much longer they expect us to hold out