FedEx Freight | Busy??

I do not know about the national ltl division but we aren't that busy at DCU. We load about 250,000 everyday on average. Last year around this time we were averaging 450,000. Man do I miss those hours.! They tell us they expect to get heavier- but I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't know now but 2 months when i was layed off our terminal was down atleast 20%.I don't believe its any better. I don't feel that until the buyout is complete you will see any big difference. the way the freight is quoted is a major facture at WML. They would rather to run a 3/4 empty trailer at 10% profit,than to fill it at 7%. Almost all the accounts our terminal landed in the last year were fazed out because Lakeland said the profit margin was not working out and they did not want the freight.I hope that FedEx will change that because if they don't fix it, the boom and getting bigger will fizzle just like our customers did.

i believe everybody freight is down it could be whats going on over seas the fuel cost and i know a few customers that say they aint paying a fuel surcharge and i know what fedex will say dont pay we wont haul it but you know what there will be someone who will go in there and get that freight know matter what but i know there has been a slow down at the RCH HUB and as far as them saying it is going to pick up well all i say we are almost in that time of the year that the freight will be at a slow down,

:soapbox: Every year we get the bid on tnt fireworks. But since the gas prices went up and they added that surcharge tnt went with another company. It really hurt our production. Everyone thought that b/c of our location and that most of the freight usually goes to LOU, KNX, and RCH that they would back out and we would have to go and pick it up like they do every year. Well they didn't! We have another account that we picked up last year that is supposed to pick us up off our butts. We couldn't even pick up all of it last year. The dock had to work Sundays for a month just to keep all the pups and vans out of our employee parking lot. Those were the good ole days. sniff sniff

nina said:
:soapbox: Every year we get the bid on tnt fireworks. But since the gas prices went up and they added that surcharge tnt went with another company. It really hurt our production. Everyone thought that b/c of our location and that most of the freight usually goes to LOU, KNX, and RCH that they would back out and we would have to go and pick it up like they do every year. Well they didn't! We have another account that we picked up last year that is supposed to pick us up off our butts. We couldn't even pick up all of it last year. The dock had to work Sundays for a month just to keep all the pups and vans out of our employee parking lot. Those were the good ole days. sniff sniff

Didn't that account move to NEA?

I'm not for sure we still get quite a few catalogs from fox. But Conway got our fireworks-but they said today that we would definitely get the books. Man that is a lot of decking we use up messing with that stuff. Last year we turned down like 200 pups b/c we couldn't pick them up. After renting 20 vans I don't know what will happen this year-it will be interesting, Only time will tell for sure.

fedex freight east wipes out west our freight levels are the bomb i think we are the number 1 LTL carrier in the system GOOOOOOOOOOOO EAST.

Almost all carriers can say that about the west. The west is every bodies red headed step child. If you know what I mean.

liljohn said:
fedex freight east wipes out west our freight levels are the bomb i think we are the number 1 LTL carrier in the system GOOOOOOOOOOOO EAST.
There is no east and west anymore. Its just US hoss. we are rolling. Heard incentive payout almost at 100 % this quarter. Sweet.

I see the posting of alot of the FedEx freight people talking about "Hold on for the Ride" and how great Freight is. I have been talking to a few of my old friends at WML they are not feeling the Ride up instead they are talking about lost freight from long time shippers and the feeling of being left out. Some of these people are are the ones that built the Terminal and continue everyday to expand WML because they are believers in that Company. I believe the fire, in which they is believe is goin out and its a shame to watch it happen. They will not say who is to blame but I think they feel that Corperate the cause and are wondering about Chip running National. Ok I know what I said is going to make some people mad but this seems to be a real concern for them.Well I guess I will feel the heat but thats what this board is about,some fact,opinion and the unknown.

this is to be expected. Don't worry it is better to be slow through the transition than busy. It will ease the pains. Freight will come out of the everywhere. There is just not enough competition in long haul anymore.

fr8rookie said:
I see the posting of alot of the FedEx freight people talking about "Hold on for the Ride" and how great Freight is. I have been talking to a few of my old friends at WML they are not feeling the Ride up instead they are talking about lost freight from long time shippers and the feeling of being left out. Some of these people are are the ones that built the Terminal and continue everyday to expand WML because they are believers in that Company. I believe the fire, in which they is believe is goin out and its a shame to watch it happen. They will not say who is to blame but I think they feel that Corperate the cause and are wondering about Chip running National. Ok I know what I said is going to make some people mad but this seems to be a real concern for them.Well I guess I will feel the heat but thats what this board is about,some fact,opinion and the unknown.
I hear you I was proud To Be An American now its a job miss AF