But we as Americans are supposed to step aside and let these people take over the US.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by othertrucker2001, May 18, 2014.

1. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

He could, but I doubt they would do that.

As far as I know, gays have no problem with straight marriages.

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Gay Marriage is illegal in the state his bakery is in. So the Judge is ordering him to recognise/participate in a crime.

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It'll end up in the Supreme Court. If this ruling stands, Atheists will have to recognise /participate. In public prayer. The principle is identical. Same as Conscientious objectors in war...

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The Baker was targeted by the couple for this suit. He offered to make them other cakes that weren't wedding related. He offered them a list of bakers that would gladly serve their needs. That wasn't enough for the couple. They came to him precisely to sue him/ humiliate/ ruin him. Yes- he IS Forced...

There is Something in everyone's life this can be done with. It goes to the First they came for the Jews, but I wasn't Jewish poem. The 1st Amendment is there for a reason...

5. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

The baker has the right to freedom of religion.

Does his business have the right to discriminate without consequence? At this point it appears not.

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Then he doesn't have Freedom of Religion. The State Established his is illegal. No 1st Amendment Right for him.

7. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

Wrong......they already proved their hatred and complete disregard of this man's beliefs.

8. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

Au contraire mon frere. He is still free to be a Christian. What his business can't do is discriminate against people that don't share his same religious beliefs.

If someone wants to refuse service to me because I'm ugly or an *******, they can. What they can't do is refuse to serve me because I'm Atheist. When they decide to provide service to me, they don't suddenly turn Atheist.

9. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

I'll go with the disregard for this mans' beliefs. All they had to do is take their business elsewhere. Of course, all Rosa Parks had to do was sit in the back of the bus.

Bake the homos their cake and move on. You are still Christian, they are still homos. Nobody changed anybody. You baking them a cake is not blessing their wedding.

10. trucker jones

trucker jones Member

exactly! bake a cake that says happy homosexual marriage. or? go to a gay baker and make him bake a cake that says being gay is a abomination to GOD ?
    the difference between Rosa is she didn't choose to be black
    1st thing is the government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage
    2nd, these gay people no doubt went out found Christian bakers just to push their agenda
    they ram their " make gay normal" agenda down our throats, no pun intended.
    if they would just shut up and keep what they do in their own privacy no one would even think about it.
    they are teaching perverse things to young children to indoctrinate them with this twisted perverse crap.
    I really don't care what they do and will stand with them on real issues I think they should get health care on and on.
    but stop pushing your sick crap on me.im not trying to force anyone to go to church or believe in the 1 TRUE GOD.
    ok done with my rant. im just tired of the left destroying everything using rights given to them by brave men and women from the past.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  11. trucker jones

trucker jones Member

other businesses post signs saying they have the right to refuse service, guess they need to make signs saying they can refuse to do business with you unless you are gay, cause gay people get extra special rights ,

12. CCXdriver

Gay marriage is not a crime in Colorado.

It's simply not recognized by the state. Big difference.

(Or am I being to technical? You called it a "crime". It's not. Especially when it's performed in another state)

13. CCXdriver

So you think that proves that gays have a problem with straight marriage?

Maybe they just wanted a cake.

14. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Why would anyone patronize a business that didnt want your business,regardless of the reason why...Reminds me of the guy mocking the Chinese language in a Chinese restaurant....."Special wonton soup for you".

"Would you like whipped icing or butter creme on your cake,sweety??"

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Since it appears they searched this particular baker out, and turned down options, it appears you are incorrect. But we all know that would be almost impossible....

16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

. So it's legal for a businessman to be an Atheist, a Secularist, aa Muslim, but not a Christian???? Like I said, this is headed to the Supremes....

The Baker didn't refuse service to them. He offered to bake them anything they wanted But a Wedding Cake. He believes HIS Religion prohibits him doing so. No different than others' religion making all pray. Or None pray.

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

HE believes it does. Just like Islamists won't serve pork (Government protected). Government has already protected Islamic Cabbies in Minnesota from picking up single women, men with dogs, anyone eating pork, carrying alcohol, etc,etc. Their business has been granted 1st Amendment Religious Protection... if they refuse a fare, they simply go to the end of the line of cabs and start over...

EDIT-. I prob need to at least temporarily apologize on this cabbie thing- it's in court. So far- judges disagree with me. It too, is likely headed for the Supremes. Who'da thunk that I would be siding with the Islamists?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  18. CCXdriver

Even if that's true (I don't know, since I haven't spoken to them), what does it have to do with straight marriage?

19. trucker jones

trucker jones Member

hey man the gays can do what ever they want at home. marriage shouldn't even have anything to do with the fed government or state as far as im concerned stay out of our bedrooms. But the gays are purposely finding Christians to push their agenda, kinda like in schools pushing their perverted crap on young children. if they would quit flaunting and pushing their freaky crap on family's and just do their thing in their weirdo bars and at home ,their would not be problems. but they want to demand that it be considered normal to do totally abnormal sex ,and think we have to just roll over and let them change the definition of family and marriage,no I except their right to do their thing they should get health care equal rights no one should be able to discriminate against them. but their rights don't trump my rights and I don't have to except their lifestyle as normal.

20. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

A businessman can be any religion, or lack thereof, he wants....including Christian.

I agree to an extent. He refused to bake them something he believes his religion prohibits him from doing. I get that, even though I don't believe the Bible says anything about baking a cake for a gay couple....but if he believes that doing so would somehow be condoning it then I guess that is all that should matter.

As far as offering service goes, if I walk into a restaurant to order a nice steak, a steak that I see others eating and they tell me "sorry all we have for you is bologna". They might as well be refusing me service.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out. My wife had clients that had a large number of Seventh Day Adventist employees. Their religion prohibits caffeine, among other things. When the client added coffees and chocolate desserts to their menu many refused to serve it. They were fired for failure to perform job duties. Nobody was forcing them to consume it. I don't see it as being much different then this whole cake thing.