Yellow | Butch Lewis Committee

Fake News!! Watch what you post, especially when you’re talking about somebody else’s only income. Post a source next time!!
Update: The bipartisan committee working to resolve the pension crisis announced Thursday afternoon it would continue to work beyond its Friday, Nov. 30, deadline. The committee has not reached a solution and a press release from Ohio Senators Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman, who both serve on the committee, said they need more time.
http://www.ideastream.org/news/comm...s-working-past-deadline-until-the-job-is-done

And this is what was posted on the two places I cited
Texas Pension Protection Committee
NW Ohio Committee To Protect Pensions
I’m just the messenger this is the message on their pages!!!!

WHAT WOULD BUTCH LEWIS DO ???

Joint Select Committee
November 30th. Deadline

Gideon from Senator Browns office notified us that the Joint Select Committee was unable to come to a agreement.

Message from Gideon...

“Letting you all know that the Joint Select Committee will NOT report legislation by the November 30th deadline. There is no agreement between Senator Brown and the Republicans. We got close, but an equitable solution that both sides can agree to remains out of reach. We do not anticipate that situation changing in any significant way. Please check-in if you hear otherwise”.

This is NOT OVER... This means that they haven't come to an agreement yet. They have till November 30, 2018, and now we need to make a final push before the November 30, deadline. Please call and write to everyone one on the Joint select Committee, along with your Representatives telling them that the Butch Lewis Act is the best solution for all us, the stakeholders, and taxpayers

Please call and write to everyone one on the Joint select Committee, along with your Representatives telling them that the Butch Lewis Act is the best solution for all us, the stakeholders, and taxpayers.

BUTCH WOULD CONTINUE TO FIGHT ON...... We will keep fighting. No matter what road blocks are thrown in our path.
WE MUST NOT WAVER !
THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO GIVE UP !
WE LOSE IF WE DO NOTHING !
THE FIGHT SHALL GO ON !

Fake News!! Watch what you post, especially when you’re talking about somebody else’s only income. Post a source next time!!
Update: The bipartisan committee working to resolve the pension crisis announced Thursday afternoon it would continue to work beyond its Friday, Nov. 30, deadline. The committee has not reached a solution and a press release from Ohio Senators Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman, who both serve on the committee, said they need more time.
http://www.ideastream.org/news/comm...s-working-past-deadline-until-the-job-is-done
Try reading all the posts I did answer to Roady where the info came from! I’ll admit I should have put it in the original post! At the time I was kind of shocked I’m in CSPF and feel the pain personally! I personally know Rocky Fivecoat and others at the Texas Pension Protecion Committe and don’t believe the info posted on their page is fake! Maybe someone here can speak for the NW Ohio group.

Butch Lewis has been DOA since it was proposed in Nov 2017. It never had support of more than 22 out of 100 Senators and 158 out of 435 Representatives.

There IS a slight chance of a PBGC bailout tho.

if the unions cant make the full payments now how do you expect them to make the full payments in the future and pay back the bonds that ole butch wants to take out ? face it, the pension is dead and the pbgc is nearly dead too. If you have time left, invest in a 401k and keep track of your money. If your out of time you may have to continue to work or seek a 2nd job from somewhere else. These are the clear facts.

no one wants to conduct a complete and accurate audit on the money. what you get is snarky remarks like if there is more going out than coming in you get this. not to mention all the yes voters from yrc, new penn, holland that gave you some of this mess.
There is no "snark" in the FACT that for CSPF, there are now 5 retirees to 1 fund contributing worker. I will not dispute that there was mismanagement. But while the employees of YRCW companies are a convenient scapegoats, you seem to forget C-F and Hostess. Yes YRCW is contributing at a reduced rate, but they are still contributing. You don't think the bankruptcies of just those two contributing employers has played a SIGNIFICANT role in reductions in the assets of CSPF? Do some research, before you make irresponsible accusations. UNSUPPORTED by easily accessible facts.

Start your PERSONAL STRIKE FUND NOW and be ready to fight back in 2019 for our PENSION..................................

Start your PERSONAL STRIKE FUND NOW and be ready to fight back in 2019 for our PENSION..................................
That called retirement in my world.
I'm done paying in and fighting.
Already at the poverty level. (I don't work overtime)
So. Retirement will be ok.
I wish the best for all who stay.
It hasn't been easy and won't be in the future because you'll have to fight for every dime.
We are worth more than what they pay. I've given them.enough. Been a decent ride until the last 10 plus years. I'll be a better person once I get out. I won't be rich. But I need to get away from all the negatively that spills from there. And you all know what I mean. I won't detail it. It just drags you down with it no matter how hard you try and rise above it.
Enjoy the holidays. May be the last one for this company.
It can happen. (think of the 15000 auto workers. Happens quick)

That called retirement in my world.
I'm done paying in and fighting.
Already at the poverty level. (I don't work overtime)
So. Retirement will be ok.
I wish the best for all who stay.
It hasn't been easy and won't be in the future because you'll have to fight for every dime.
We are worth more than what they pay. I've given them.enough. Been a decent ride until the last 10 plus years. I'll be a better person once I get out. I won't be rich. But I need to get away from all the negatively that spills from there. And you all know what I mean. I won't detail it. It just drags you down with it no matter how hard you try and rise above it.
Enjoy the holidays. May be the last one for this company.
It can happen. (think of the 15000 auto workers. Happens quick)
Don't look back mysticobra, there is life after YRC, believe me. There are many other ways to supplement your income if you need to. Your head will clear up from all the bullshi- you have to endure every day and you will be fine. I retired early at 57 in 2010 and it was the best thing I could have ever done. I put in my 39 years, I miss the guys I worked with but now my blood pressure is 120/80 and I spend my days doing what ever I want to do. The hardest thing about retiring is actually doing it, after that it will all work out. Good luck.