XPO | BUYBACK

They did not even have the cash to complete the buyout without taking a loan for part of it

They had an emergency board meeting and decided they had to stop the decline

Last edited:
I hope this doesn’t lead to more take backs for the drivers in the coming year. I would think other major expenditures will be put on hold.

Last edited:
I hope this doesn’t lead to more take backs for the drivers in the coming year. I would think other major expenditures will be put on hold.

Taking away from the employees is the name of the game when you get bought out. I'm just waiting for the "we're just not making any money" speech.

Read carefully:

http://investors.xpologistics.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=204615&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2380710

" in management's discretion"

" The timing and number of shares repurchased will depend on a variety of factors"

"The share repurchase authorization does not obligate XPO to repurchase any specific number of shares, may be suspended or discontinued at any time."

This is an authorization. Because it's how Wall Street people think, it's also a signal. But if business turns south or they have something better to do with the money, they're not obligated to do anything because they haven't promised to do anything.

Instead of investing in the co they buyback shares to increase the stock price.

Report was a bit phony but alot of effort put into it. Motives questionable.

Read carefully:

http://investors.xpologistics.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=204615&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2380710

" in management's discretion"

" The timing and number of shares repurchased will depend on a variety of factors"

"The share repurchase authorization does not obligate XPO to repurchase any specific number of shares, may be suspended or discontinued at any time."

This is an authorization. Because it's how Wall Street people think, it's also a signal. But if business turns south or they have something better to do with the money, they're not obligated to do anything because they haven't promised to do anything.
This was a good catch . Big difference between actual buying and authorization. So essentially its a show of confidence without really doing anything yet. Stabilized the stock for the time being.