Central Transport | buying companies?

troll

TB Lurker
Credits
has any one else heard the rumor that vitran is or was looking to buy milan. :butt kiss: more junk freight!!! looking to buy more companies all the while letting their driver starve!!! price of gas is staying at about $3.00/gallon, and my paycheck is not getting any bigger!!!!!!!!!
:nutkick: <--this smilie is appropriate!!
lil green guy is like vitran and yellow guy, the drivers

Milan and inaction in LVL

Hold up everybody, I've been thinking again...

The current plan, as the rumor goes, is PJAX and Vitran will merger on the 3rd of March, and PJAX will sometime around the first of the April close their terminal and move all operations to the LVL terminal belonging to VItran. Yet, with this date looming, they still have yet done any improvements to the Vitran LVL terminal. i.e. adding on or a 1 million dollar gravel lot, per J.H.. My thinking is that there WILL BE NO expansion at the LVL terminal until a Milan purchase is made. Then, I see us moving or expanding then.

I'd bet one of my paychecks on this, but I doubt I'd have any takers.

million dollar baby....er...lot?

Because, out of the mouth of J.H, V.P. of B.S.and MisOperations, that's what it's going to cost Vitran to gravel the back part of our property. I should have put in a bid at 900,000 dollars. I could have done it for less and still walked away with 100s of thousands of dollars. Think it's too late to put that in???

I think its just rumor !

has any one else heard the rumor that vitran is or was looking to buy milan. :butt kiss: more junk freight!!! looking to buy more companies all the while letting their driver starve!!! price of gas is staying at about $3.00/gallon, and my paycheck is not getting any bigger!!!!!!!!!
:nutkick: <--this smilie is appropriate!!
lil green guy is like vitran and yellow guy, the drivers

As much as I don't think this one is true Look @ Martha Stewart. We are a Public Traded Co. rumors are just that no matter how many times you heard it they are not going to tell a driver before they make a press release.
3 way to communicate in a trucking company,
1.Telephone
2.Television
3.Tell a driver

As much as I don't think this one is true Look @ Martha Stewart. We are a Public Traded Co. rumors are just that no matter how many times you heard it they are not going to tell a driver before they make a press release.
3 way to communicate in a trucking company,
1.Telephone
2.Television
3.Tell a driver

the third one being the fastest

Milan

Used To Work For Milan B4 Going To Ups Freight In Charlotte.my Understanding Is That Milan Has Shut Down The Greenville Sc Term.they Just Relay The Freight Out Of Charlotte To Some Of The Drivers Still There To Unload.good Luck To All Involved.

THe latest I've heard has been at the end of this current quarter, the beginning of the next fiscal year, Vitran will announce it's purchase of Milan.

Mark these words.