Yellow | Buyout YRC

Since when did the union want to let the employees they represent buy the company they negotiate with?

The one time I ever heard of this happening, the company was dead in three years because the employees and their union never really understood that they owned the place they were trying to demand more money and less work time from. Look up InterLink Freight Systems, they were the biggest LTL in Canada when they collapsed.
There is a non union LTL in my area that let the owner talk these guys into,”employee owned” status. This was 10 years ago, and they still are like the lowest paid drivers around. Plus they almost were broke about 5 years ago when an accident cost them over a half million above what their primary insurance paid. But the guy who sucked them into this ownership still gets his payment out of the company weekly, as on paper he is like a lender and not the owner...

Oh boy, does the pension liability come with it? What a deal.
what%20pension%20crisis.jpg

:wtflol:

I totally agree. Just reading the many posts on here tells me that we have more than enough superbly talented individuals in our ranks to efficiently manage and operate a complex organization like YRC. Where do I send my check?
Thank you for that vote of confidence. I will be e mailing my new Florida address to you so you can get that check in the mail ASAP!:lmao:

Overnite was bought back from Union Pacific Rail Road by employees & share holders.
Not long after that UPS bought Overnite,& every share of stock.
A lot of Overnite folks made out great on that deal.

Overnite was bought back from Union Pacific Rail Road by employees & share holders.
Not long after that UPS bought Overnite,& every share of stock.
A lot of Overnite folks made out great on that deal.

Substitute ‘Folks’ with ‘shareholders.’

Some employees reaped the benefits.

I did well with my Roadway shares, acquired through company awards from safety and injury free work days.

At merge, I divested myself.

Some of those who “...made out great on that deal...” may have been members of Labor, but I’ll wager most, had never driven truck nor moved freight.

The idea is to take control of the ship. Current management has run the company at full speed 62mph into a bridge abutment. 10 years of mismanagement at its finest.

I am a Teamster. If you don't have confidence in me you can't trust anybody.:lmao: Don't worry about nothing, I had close to 40 years in the trucking buisness, I'll take care of you guys.:guiness:
I have confidence in you.
(I was referring to Florida's midterm recount of course)

Substitute ‘Folks’ with ‘shareholders.’

Some employees reaped the benefits.

I did well with my Roadway shares, acquired through company awards from safety and injury free work days.

At merge, I divested myself.

Some of those who “...made out great on that deal...” may have been members of Labor, but I’ll wager most, had never driven truck nor moved freight.
Your comments illustrate why you were selected to oversee the Cayman Islands Operation! :hilarious: :1036316054:

There is a non union LTL in my area that let the owner talk these guys into,”employee owned” status. This was 10 years ago, and they still are like the lowest paid drivers around. Plus they almost were broke about 5 years ago when an accident cost them over a half million above what their primary insurance paid. But the guy who sucked them into this ownership still gets his payment out of the company weekly, as on paper he is like a lender and not the owner...
This has got to be some of your "Fake News," truck drivers are too smart to fall fur these underhanded schemes,
I no, cuz I wuz won myself.

At the current stock price and assuming 32k employees, each of us would need to put in $6125 each. Clean house on the board of directors, rid the entire management team and make this an employee owned company.
Is there enough lose stock to pick up. If their is enough outstanding stock to pick up then let's do it. But this company is notorist of crying wolf to everyone. And then hanging the stock holders out to dry. But it is doable.