R&L | buyout???

you no,ups and dhl are going to buy the whole freakin world,you poeple that listen to all this crap are as stupid as the morans that make it up!!!!!!

buyout

DHL will be the next to buy someone ,DHL was going to buy watkins but could not agree on a price , then fed ex stepped in .

I would think that the Federal Trade Commission might have something to say about UPS or FedEx tring to buy another of the larger carriers at this time.

i heard that R&l was going to sell out once california was opened...any truth to this??

Well, That would be one way to get that terminal FedEx wouldn't sell us. It wouldn't surprise me if they bought R&L just for that reason. It would put us in good shape for our growth over the next couple of years till they decide where to build that big one.

I'll take a slower truck for a higher milage pay.:1036316054:

I dunno, to me it kinda evens out.
Say two guys have the same run, and one guy make a dime more a mile but, his truck is 10mph slower. When you break it down to an dollar per hour basis it's about even. I'll take the lower pay for less time in the seat.

Plus, it's kinda fun to wave at Saia, Old Dom, Ups Freight, Estes, and Watkins as I blow by, knowing that they left before I did and I'll beat them back home.....:tongue0015:

I dunno, to me it kinda evens out.
Say two guys have the same run, and one guy make a dime more a mile but, his truck is 10mph slower. When you break it down to an dollar per hour basis it's about even. I'll take the lower pay for less time in the seat.

Plus, it's kinda fun to wave at Saia, Old Dom, Ups Freight, Estes, and Watkins as I blow by, knowing that they left before I did and I'll beat them back home.....:tongue0015:
If you were maxing your hrs that might be true, but let's compare real world conditions.
I'm not sure of your truck speeds but I would guess around 72, most FXF will do 66-67, so your looking at a 5 mph difference. Going from STL to say KCY in a FXF truck on a run that pays 244 miles one way is logged at 3.75 hrs you would get there roughly 17 mins earlier or 3.5 hrs.
Not that big of a difference in time, question is what is the difference in pay??

FM

If you were maxing your hrs that might be true, but let's compare real world conditions.
I'm not sure of your truck speeds but I would guess around 72, most FXF will do 66-67, so your looking at a 5 mph difference. Going from STL to say KCY in a FXF truck on a run that pays 244 miles one way is logged at 3.75 hrs you would get there roughly 17 mins earlier or 3.5 hrs.
Not that big of a difference in time, question is what is the difference in pay??

FM

that 1 way right times that 4 one week then 1 month.more family time

that 1 way right times that 4 one week then 1 month.more family time
Yes that is one way, so for the night roughly 34 mins.

The question is what does R&L pay for that same run? Is it more or less than what the FXF driver gets and if so how much of a difference? Times that by the day, week ,month, year and see what you end up with. On mileage alone FXF would pay 1296.372 per week for this run + drops, hooks, fuel and delay pay (or dock for those of us that chose to work it) I usually end up with 1650-1750 gross a week and log around 55-57 hrs.

1/2 hr more at work is sometimes worth the extra pay, if I wanted a fast truck and low pay I would have stayed running long haul and got me a shiny wheeler, lol.

FM