R&L | buyout???

Well, maybe if someone does show enough green they will sit down and tell us what we are really supposed to be making. Not... take your miles, divide them by this, add that, subtract this, and multiply by that. I burnt up my calculator then last time I tried to figure it out. :1036316054:

Well, maybe if someone does show enough green they will sit down and tell us what we are really supposed to be making. Not... take your miles, divide them by this, add that, subtract this, and multiply by that. I burnt up my calculator then last time I tried to figure it out. :1036316054:

That's a NO DOUBTER!!!!!
If you subtract all the "extras" that they say are included in our pay,(..delay time, breakdown, drop & hook, fueling, just to name a few) we might be making .35 cpm!!
Of course there are those who will say our pay is not based on cpm, but the pay IS what it IS! Just ask a LTL driver from another company what he makes driving the same miles as you!!
I'm not coming on here trying to bash the company or it's owners but in my opinion
they could do a better job in showing that
"PRIDE IN THEIR PEOPLE"

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the company either. I just think if they would sit down and reconfigure the way that they pay the linehaul drivers, they might not have such a hard time keeping drivers. I'm really suprised that they still do a "trip pay" system.

Or at least get off the antiquated zip code to zip code system and go to practical miles.
I've been here many years and I've never seen so many disgruntled drivers!!
Another big problem I see with the company
is a total lack of concern over driver issues!
More times than not, when you voice your
problems, their general answer is "if you don't like it, QUIT!!! we've got a stack of applications from people wanting your job"
That's no way to treat your drivers!
Larry Sr. wouldn't have said that when he was building this company!!

Just one mans opinion,take it for what it's worth.

I dunno, to me it kinda evens out.
Say two guys have the same run, and one guy make a dime more a mile but, his truck is 10mph slower. When you break it down to an dollar per hour basis it's about even. I'll take the lower pay for less time in the seat.

Plus, it's kinda fun to wave at Saia, Old Dom, Ups Freight, Estes, and Watkins as I blow by, knowing that they left before I did and I'll beat them back home.....:tongue0015:

Yea, and then when you get back to the yard, break down your pups, put on door,
then fuel your truck,( all included in your
dime less per mile) the other driver pulls in the gate, gets out & goes home.
How much time did that "FAST" truck save you?

farmboy is right!

Or at least get off the antiquated zip code to zip code system and go to practical miles.
I've been here many years and I've never seen so many disgruntled drivers!!
Another big problem I see with the company
is a total lack of concern over driver issues!
More times than not, when you voice your
problems, their general answer is "if you don't like it, QUIT!!! we've got a stack of applications from people wanting your job"
That's no way to treat your drivers!
Larry Sr. wouldn't have said that when he was building this company!!

Just one mans opinion,take it for what it's worth.
tellem whats what farmboy hell if they are so willing to work for free i have plently they can do at my house on the weekend i tryied to post a few threads and allmost got banned you can probbaly figure out what bad word i was trying to talk about:butt kiss:

denver_dawg

Yea, and then when you get back to the yard, break down your pups, put on door,
then fuel your truck,( all included in your
dime less per mile) the other driver pulls in the gate, gets out & goes home.
How much time did that "FAST" truck save you?
hell they still makeing you hook and break your own pups down over there farmboy thats not right at all :Pick-Me:

i heard that R&l was going to sell out once california was opened...any truth to this??

I don't know, but at AF they always said the company was not for sale anf the Fed Ex vame along and made'em an offer they couldn't refuse.:toxic:

Drivers...listen to me...R&L have NO intentions of selling out..they have no reason too, and nobody has offer them anything..and don't say they have, cause you would never know until the deal was done..it could not be made to the public until the deal is over with cause it would be inside trading..so wise up and quit wishful thinking..it is not going anywhere..they are making money and they have been around to long to let go now..would you sell your golden goose...hello...

In the next 1 or 2 decades there will only be several LTL carriers left. UPS,FedEx,YRC,DHL This is because of competition,price of fuel,huge insurance costs etc. Other carriers just wont be able to compete and they will make huge $$$ by selling.

In the next 1 or 2 decades there will only be several LTL carriers left. UPS,FedEx,YRC,DHL This is because of competition,price of fuel,huge insurance costs etc. Other carriers just wont be able to compete and they will make huge $$$ by selling.
The way its looking the American trucker want be in business by that time...Adios Amigo Trucking Co. from Mexico will be paying $25.00 a day to its drivers to haul the frt.