Estes | By Now You Know !!!!!!

:LMAO:Seams to me Mildew that you should have listen to more of Jerry Reed's songs, one of witch he sang about child support & alimony, working 2 jobs & eating Bolognie; If you would have only learned how to cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chairshot:
400 miles is $1100 at 5 days of work. Sounds ok but the taxes would turn it into $800
401k $700
child support $400
,alimony $300,
gas $215,
car maintenance
$200,
asked to stay home because of no freight $15
Next years tax increase -$10
Depression subscription -$20
That's right folks, we'd spend $20 to go to work :biglaugh:

:LMAO:Seams to me Mildew that you should have listen to more of Jerry Reed's songs, one of witch he sang about child support & alimony, working 2 jobs & eating Bolognie; If you would have only learned how to cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chairshot:
must be talking bout this one

Last edited by a moderator:
I got you all beat !!
My pension check goes right into family trust account.
My settlement from the truck goes into wife's checking account and my name is on none of them.

400 miles is $1100 at 5 days of work. Sounds ok but the taxes would turn it into $800
401k $700
child support $400
,alimony $300,
gas $215,
car maintenance
$200,
asked to stay home because of no freight $15
Next years tax increase -$10
Depression subscription -$20
That's right folks, we'd spend $20 to go to work :biglaugh:

now that"s priceless !!! LOL

I had some guys call me nuts, but I gave up my Sunday start to go back on Monday start running extra. It was a real love-hate thing with the Sunday night start. It was easy to get out all the time, but I just don't want to leave EVERY Sunday. I'm up to number 3 on the extra board at my barn, so at least with a Monday start, I can pick and choose schedules to fill in on.
:shift::woot2::shift:

I had some guys call me nuts, but I gave up my Sunday start to go back on Monday start running extra. It was a real love-hate thing with the Sunday night start. It was easy to get out all the time, but I just don't want to leave EVERY Sunday. I'm up to number 3 on the extra board at my barn, so at least with a Monday start, I can pick and choose schedules to fill in on.
:shift::woot2::shift:
And you don't have to move 5 trailers to dig yours out. Sundays are a day of rest.

I got you all beat !!
My pension check goes right into family trust account.
My settlement from the truck goes into wife's checking account and my name is on none of them.
So in retrospect which is better. Losing half or more of everything, or putting up with all the nonsense?

I had to think about that a bit.
I did the trust just as my parents did, so it's a piece of mind thing should something go terribly wrong. This was done long ago before I even was thinking of retirement.
And the settlement check a a a... well its her truck I am just the driver.
So in retrospect which is better. Losing half or more of everything, or putting up with all the nonsense?
Their is plenty of nonsense from the La DOT that make me wonder why... My wife never ask's me about where my money goes ! So it's all good.

I sure wish the company I drive for would offer Sunday night starts. It would be great, get done Friday a.m.,take a little nap while the kids are still at school, have all day Friday for projects, go for Friday night fish fry, then have all day Saturday, and all day Sunday for stuff to do, then go back to work Sunday night. It would be like a 3-day weekend every week.

my teammate and i had a schedule run, ran it for 20-21weeks, it didnt run correctly for 20-21 weeks, back to the board we go!!!
you'll probably get it back when the weather breaks. (march/april) You might like the board so well you may never go back. Guys at my barn seem to pick runs they know somebody else wants instead of what they really want or what best suits their running style.

Ya I got what I want all right, well after moving onto hub, gonna get kicked off that cause they cancelled runs, now gonna go back to Linehaul or Utility, dont know yet, while all those other guys that have not been with the company as long as me get to hhave runs and be home everyday, Merry Christmas from Estes I guess, man time to start looking some place else,
1 Road board system by Company Time would solve my problem in a jiffy!! Whos to say I go back to LINEHAUL get all my time back and then when I got 20 years at this company DOT changes hours back to ten or less, well there goes all the Linehaul runs we got, and gee what happens to my well 16 years of linehaul time, the other four I have been Utility, HUB, Utility.
Just is not fair anymore guys, not with all the growing and switching the way we run our freight, but guess the idea is to get rid of us guys that have been here awhile.

Just sayin

quit bitchen and stay in one catagory. you dont have to switch but if forced to keep a job you should get the time back. not because you want a better run and screw a guy thats been in linehaul the whole time waiting for his turn for a bid