XPO | Bye, bonus. I'll miss you.

survy9

TB Lurker
Credits
It's November.

Haven't heard a word about bonus (the paycheck formerly known as VPP) since we were acquired.

No info shared on how we're doing.

No idea when/if it'll be paid out. February? March? At all?

I don't think I'm crazy for starting to conclude that bonuses are a thing of the past. Welcome to the pay cut...?

Hope I'm wrong, but the fact that management doesn't talk about it is starting to speak loudly.

Our TM speaks about it every week or two. My barn is on target to get a bonus however it wont be as large as we'd hoped. Reason is beyond our control. National pricing removed ALOT of John Deere freight that wasn't profitable which is a good thing except that it drove our tonnage down and looking at goals year over year we're still expected to have that much. EBITDA we're rocking, more profitable year over year but tonnage is down. He did tell us half the barns in our regions aren't making there goal.

It's November.

Haven't heard a word about bonus (the paycheck formerly known as VPP) since we were acquired.

I don't think I'm crazy for starting to conclude that bonuses are a thing of the past. Welcome to the pay cut...?

Hope I'm wrong, but the fact that management doesn't talk about it is starting to speak loudly.
I'm thinking you have a manager who refuses to communicate to the employees. That's too bad. Every barn has a posting showing where you stand. At least they are suppose to. Look under the glass on your info boards.

It's November.

Our TM doesn't talk about anything BUT our numbers! You can't get any other real info out of him.

Got this fancy chart posted in the break room that gets updated weekly. It looks like thermometers. See them at every terminal I go to. Unless the brass is slacking at your barn, it should be there. I can't even remember when was the last time I got a good bonus check. The government ends up with the biggest chunk anyway.

Last edited:
yea miss them big checks too but don't you think that the bonus is really geared for mgnt? We get very little compared to them.

yea miss them big checks too but don't you think that the bonus is really geared for mgnt? We get very little compared to them.
What DOES management get for bonuses? I have no idea. Do you know what types of bonuses and how much they receive? I'm curious.

Unless something has been changed. I was friends with a fos that worked here his was about 7 more times than my check

My manager makes it seem as though he is fighting for his life. He makes it seem as though he can be fired at any moment if his numbers sag even a little bit. He makes it seem as though he has to take every last dime nickel and penny out of our pocket in order to just have a job.

Just so I'm clear we are operating above 100% And we are due to get a bonus. But doing a good job is never good enough , it seems like there's always more that they can take and always more that they expect you to give.

Last edited:
My manager makes it seem as though he is fighting for his life. He makes it seem as though he can be fired at any moment if his numbers sag even a little bit. He makes it seem as though he has to take every last dime nickel and penny out of our pocket in order to just have a job.

Just so I'm clear we are operating above 100% And we are due to get a bonus. But doing a good job is never good enough , it seems like there's always more that they can take and always more that they expect you to give.
Drivers from just about every company will tell you their company is on a tear about numbers. From my experience, it has always been the way I was raised. Do your best, and have pride in your work. I also have seen in 40 plus years in this business,and mentioned it on TB a few times,that management will dump on the people who do their job well, before argue with the slugs who don't. It is the ball busters who they count on when they need to make numbers... I am quite sure you see it at XPO, just as I do. Is it fair? Not in my eyes. Sad thing I see at my place are some of the slakers pretty much know they can get away with just about anything, because yrc has a hard time attracting new hires of any quality because of below average starting wages. So chances of getting fired are slim.

It really freaked management out when they cut those jobs. Particularly with how exact it was. None of them seem to feel safe about anything they do. Even delivering the numbers needed may not be enough. Kinda crazy. Welcome to XPO. EBITDA EBITDA EBITDA

Drivers from just about every company will tell you their company is on a tear about numbers. From my experience, it has always been the way I was raised. Do your best, and have pride in your work. I also have seen in 40 plus years in this business,and mentioned it on TB a few times,that management will dump on the people who do their job well, before argue with the slugs who don't. It is the ball busters who they count on when they need to make numbers... I am quite sure you see it at XPO, just as I do. Is it fair? Not in my eyes. Sad thing I see at my place are some of the slakers pretty much know they can get away with just about anything, because yrc has a hard time attracting new hires of any quality because of below average starting wages. So chances of getting fired are slim.

So many people standing around doing nothing. Getting away with it. And they will get away with more tomorrow than they did today. And I ain't talking about casual conversation. I'm talking about deliberately not doing a thing.

It really freaked management out when they cut those jobs. Particularly with how exact it was. None of them seem to feel safe about anything they do. Even delivering the numbers needed may not be enough. Kinda crazy. Welcome to XPO. EBITDA EBITDA EBITDA
I see their Aurora terminal fired another terminal manager just recently also....

I see their Aurora terminal fired another terminal manager just recently also....

Haven't heard about that, been pretty side tracked with life. I guess it's, vote the union and your TM gets the boot. His fault or not. Has to be a fall guy.

Still surprised there have not been more votes. Guessing more people would rather see what happens than stick their own necks out. Should be interesting moving forward. Over the course of two years there are 5 yes votes and no contracts.

But then again there have been a bunch of terminations. Management has been cut up pretty good.

All I know is EBITDA EBITDA EBITDA.

So many people standing around doing nothing. Getting away with it. And they will get away with more tomorrow than they did today. And I ain't talking about casual conversation. I'm talking about deliberately not doing a thing.
Let's see, how little can I do and not get fired? Not just drivers and dock help, some fos's fit in this category also. Sad really. We all see it everywhere, others carriers, other professions. I weep for the future!