XPO | Bye, bonus. I'll miss you.

Drivers from just about every company will tell you their company is on a tear about numbers. From my experience, it has always been the way I was raised. Do your best, and have pride in your work. I also have seen in 40 plus years in this business,and mentioned it on TB a few times,that management will dump on the people who do their job well, before argue with the slugs who don't. It is the ball busters who they count on when they need to make numbers... I am quite sure you see it at XPO, just as I do. Is it fair? Not in my eyes. Sad thing I see at my place are some of the slakers pretty much know they can get away with just about anything, because yrc has a hard time attracting new hires of any quality because of below average starting wages. So chances of getting fired are slim.
The problem is the ball busters are getting tired of always being ask to go that extra mile
Heard from my regional HR there is nothing they can do about laziness

they took the thermometer down at are terminal. It's was doing like 120% the last I saw it. It's wasn't as good as the old CCX bonus but better than nothing. To be fair XPO didn't have to give us anything.

As far as what I have seen over the years I have never seen anyone let go on performance per say but I have seen management build a case on someone who was underperforming and fire them on other issues not related directly to performance. I have see mangement very determined to get someone more than a few times.

The problem is the ball busters are getting tired of always being ask to go that extra mile
Heard from my regional HR there is nothing they can do about laziness
Sure they can. Trump said it himself 'Your Fired'. Nothing hard about that. 2 little words. All they have to do is say them. Simple & effective. Just make sure you have their replacement waiting in the wings.

Sure they can. Trump said it himself 'Your Fired'. Nothing hard about that. 2 little words. All they have to do is say them. Simple & effective. Just make sure you have their replacement waiting in the wings.

That's part of the problem. No one seems to be allowed to hire. And we are short drivers everywhere already. Guys are taking advantage and just not doing anything. Because you can't afford to fire someone if you can't replace them. We got a bunch of zeros doing us no good. Making damn good money dragging the rest of us down.

What DOES management get for bonuses? I have no idea. Do you know what types of bonuses and how much they receive? I'm curious.
I don't know what they've gotten recently or past 10 years but when I was at Conway late one night I saw a check stub on top of the trash by a desk. I thought it had fallen in by accident, I know I didn't throw away check stubs. But I did glance to see who it belonged to, make sure I put it on the right desk. It was an ICP stub and the FOS received $10,000 bonus after taxes. I was blown away. I didn't tell anyone what I saw, not my business to blab it. I discreetly tucked it onto the FOS desk. I doubt they know who put it there. I recall that was #1 man in seniority at his SC and about 500 or less people between him and president of CSW (Hickerson) my husband received $250 or so after taxes.

I don't know what they've gotten recently or past 10 years but when I was at Conway late one night I saw a check stub on top of the trash by a desk. I thought it had fallen in by accident, I know I didn't throw away check stubs. But I did glance to see who it belonged to, make sure I put it on the right desk. It was an ICP stub and the FOS received $10,000 bonus after taxes. I was blown away. I didn't tell anyone what I saw, not my business to blab it. I discreetly tucked it onto the FOS desk. I doubt they know who put it there. I recall that was #1 man in seniority at his SC and about 500 or less people between him and president of CSW (Hickerson) my husband received $250 or so after taxes.

Management gets paid less on the year, and then more in bonus for meeting goals. Drivers get paid more by the mile or hour and less bonus. Drivers still tend to do better on the year in total. And it makes sense that we do as we work significantly more hours than any management at the terminal level.

Management gets paid less on the year, and then more in bonus for meeting goals. Drivers get paid more by the mile or hour and less bonus. Drivers still tend to do better on the year in total. And it makes sense that we do as we work significantly more hours than any management at the terminal level.
And we undertake risk with our licenses and health.

That's part of the problem. No one seems to be allowed to hire. And we are short drivers everywhere already. Guys are taking advantage and just not doing anything. Because you can't afford to fire someone if you can't replace them. We got a bunch of zeros doing us no good. Making damn good money dragging the rest of us down.
B/S!

We dropped from 150% to 148% at our barn last I seen. If your TM isn't updating his drivers then ask a VVT member. It can be brought up in a meeting and it must be addressed within 30 days. Bradley Jacobs really likes our VVT program and drivers being involved. If the TM manager still wont give you an answer then call someone who will.

We dropped from 150% to 148% at our barn last I seen. If your TM isn't updating his drivers then ask a VVT member. It can be brought up in a meeting and it must be addressed within 30 days. Bradley Jacobs really likes our VVT program and drivers being involved. If the TM manager still wont give you an answer then call someone who will.
Their is no VVT anymore we were told only an employee engagement team at the TMs discression!

I had a quartly meeting wth my tm this morning. We talked about the bonus, paid out in March, sits at 150%, how the XPO mission statement now includes employee engagement, and customer satisfaction, not just to be the most profitable. He also informed me that we hit our safety award (30 day) and will have bagels next month (wow), and to say thanks for all your hard work, pizza tomorrow night. And the vvt has been dead here for a year.

So what will we get $75 instead of $50. I figure they'll find some way to reduce it before the end of the year. Lol. Something is better than nothing.

Our TM is super open. Gives regular meetings and if you missed out for whatever reason he will go over it with you individually. The FOMs are the same way. Just lost a really good FOM to promotion and we are all holding our breath a bit on what the replacement will be.

I understand that some locations have problems with local management. We are, at least for now, not in that boat. Communication is simple and easy. Everybody wants to know what's going on. Them and us.

So what will we get $75 instead of $50. I figure they'll find some way to reduce it before the end of the year. Lol. Something is better than nothing.

No one will be surprised if there is a sudden dip at the end of the year. To be honest, the bonus is not significant enough to be worried about. If we get something, great. Most people are far more worried about what we might lose.