XPO | Bye, bonus. I'll miss you.

I don't know what they've gotten recently or past 10 years but when I was at Conway late one night I saw a check stub on top of the trash by a desk. I thought it had fallen in by accident, I know I didn't throw away check stubs. But I did glance to see who it belonged to, make sure I put it on the right desk. It was an ICP stub and the FOS received $10,000 bonus after taxes. I was blown away. I didn't tell anyone what I saw, not my business to blab it. I discreetly tucked it onto the FOS desk. I doubt they know who put it there. I recall that was #1 man in seniority at his SC and about 500 or less people between him and president of CSW (Hickerson) my husband received $250 or so after taxes.

Several years ago under the icp bonus plan drivers were paid 7% of their gross pay at 100% of goal. Fos' were at 14% of gross pay and I asked a safety regional manager at the time and he said they were at 20%.

Our TM is super open. Gives regular meetings and if you missed out for whatever reason he will go over it with you individually. The FOMs are the same way. Just lost a really good FOM to promotion and we are all holding our breath a bit on what the replacement will be.

I understand that some locations have problems with local management. We are, at least for now, not in that boat. Communication is simple and easy. Everybody wants to know what's going on. Them and us.
Too bad it isn't that way everywhere. Especially poor communication with the l/h drivers, generally speaking.

Too bad it isn't that way everywhere. Especially poor communication with the l/h drivers, generally speaking.

Any more I get my meetings with the inbound crew where ever I am, while taking the 30 minutes. But if I get a chance, I will still sit in on ours in case he has any different info or terminal specific info. The way XPO is doing things, the only things we line haulers can do to impact our home terminals is to avoid accidents and injuries. Nothing else we do reflects on our home terminal.

Got this fancy chart posted in the break room that gets updated weekly. It looks like thermometers. See them at every terminal I go to. Unless the brass is slacking at your barn, it should be there. I can't even remember when was the last time I got a good bonus check. The government ends up with the biggest chunk anyway.
Back in the 80's I would get a check in December for about $1100.oo and another in February, those were the good l'days!

Management gets paid less on the year, and then more in bonus for meeting goals. Drivers get paid more by the mile or hour and less bonus. Drivers still tend to do better on the year in total. And it makes sense that we do as we work significantly more hours than any management at the terminal level.
Very true and they make heck of a lot less than linehaul. When paychecks were being cut many years ago the office workers and FOS' checks were cut twice and I'm pretty sure the office workers were then laid off. A year later they hire office workers again and this time without many of the bonuses previous workers had.