Bye Bye

Bullitt41017

TB Lurker
Credits
this company is going nowhere fast, upper management is not in touch with the drivers or the customers, look at the freight volumes, look at the service levels, 92% ontime and sales is attempting to sell premium service at premium prices with this performance. Good luck guys.

Ya about the 401k. They can show a LOSS every quarter if they want to. Thats all on paper! Why not be honest with us an say they arnt going to match the 401k anymore.The co. letter that they put out every mounth ,Dave said 2007 finished up in a positive gaine [WHERE IS OUR 6% MATCH] Just be honest with us please

this company is going nowhere fast, upper management is not in touch with the drivers or the customers, look at the freight volumes, look at the service levels, 92% ontime and sales is attempting to sell premium service at premium prices with this performance. Good luck guys.

Every company has its problems.Freight levelsoff?? Did you look at the other companies on this site? Yes,we may be off,but my interpration is we are not that bad in comparision.Dont like it here,good luck at the next place.How long before that green grass is brown

You have no clue what you speak of. I love guys like you. Where do you get 92%? What does that number mean? What do you know about selling premium service?

Jevic continues to be a best in class provider of transportation service. We have the largest heated fleet in North America. We fly the most placards in the industry. We continue to keep our claims ratio below .5%.

We have a broad customer base that values and needs us.

Generally speaking when I get on this board, I see it's become an electronic version of the men's room stall: lot's of bitc*in, lot's of whining, lot's of high school crap. But if for one moment anyone thinking this represents the masses, you're mistaken.

I'm not wearing the company cheerleaders uniform, and I do think there is allways room for changes!! But just to inform some of you that don't know, Yes we are ownwed buy Sun capital but they give us no money, we earn it our self's. Our 2007 bonus money will be almost 1.5 million, that comes off the bottom line. also some poor desision's by United health care has cost adiitional hundred of thousands of dollars to jevic, that comes off the bottom line.Oh did itell you we pay over 20k a month in workmans comp that also comes off our bottom line, A tote of oil spilled on the dock of J1 a few weeks ago, the cost was over 25 thousand for clean up and claims, these are just some of the things that we don't hear about.
Yes it's not the best right know but I'll stick it out here like I have for the last 15 years
Oh bye the way did I mention 2009's tractors have been ordered all ready!!!. Yes I like to see some money put back in the 401, but right now its more important to be working everyday, the 401 will come back. You have to remeber Saia almost bled us to the point of exstinction, It takes time to rebuild. you can like it or leave it.

I'm not wearing the company cheerleaders uniform, and I do think there is allways room for changes!! But just to inform some of you that don't know, Yes we are ownwed buy Sun capital but they give us no money, we earn it our self's. Our 2007 bonus money will be almost 1.5 million, that comes off the bottom line. also some poor desision's by United health care has cost adiitional hundred of thousands of dollars to jevic, that comes off the bottom line.Oh did itell you we pay over 20k a month in workmans comp that also comes off our bottom line, A tote of oil spilled on the dock of J1 a few weeks ago, the cost was over 25 thousand for clean up and claims, these are just some of the things that we don't hear about.
Yes it's not the best right know but I'll stick it out here like I have for the last 15 years
Oh bye the way did I mention 2009's tractors have been ordered all ready!!!. Yes I like to see some money put back in the 401, but right now its more important to be working everyday, the 401 will come back. You have to remeber Saia almost bled us to the point of exstinction, It takes time to rebuild. you can like it or leave it.

well put l/d, the bleeding from both yrc and saia from 1999 to 2005, is not going to be an overnight fix,it'll take time, i have 9.5 yrs in,didn't waste all that time to jump ship

Agreed with your final sentence,local.Gonna take time.And,we are trying to rebuild during an econonic downturn.Any company coming out on the upturn will be in a great position

Well put LD ,but here is the problem with this place. they really need to look to see where the money is being wasted .trucks not being fixed properly, hell we both know one driver that broke down 6 times last year and they still did not do repairs right. and look how the trucks are getting poor fuel mileage, also if you look in behind the shop, it looks like a forklift junkyard not to mention some guys on the dock think that the forklifts are raceing cars. i have seen this with my own to eyes as i am sure so have you .and these are grown men with families. also to mention some drivers treat thier truck the same way, all of this destruction and abuse is costing us all on the bottom line.

AMEn on the SAIA

...theyblamed us for poor revenue results - poor claims, poor safety - but look at SAIA now!! Its enought ot make one laugh. I even hear they were responsible for the I5 Crash in tunnel in CAlif! Love to see thier insurancve

Remember that the bonus money is money that drivers have saved the company from losses. If we didn't have the bonus program there wouldn't be an incentive to help save the company money.

Jevic has tried this 65mph before. Ask the older guys that remember the kw conv! Harry did this with them. It didnt work. We had late frt,the trucks got a little better mpg but had to run longer to get the same job done!The only differance was the KW"s had better power an could pull the hills better faster then what we have now. The trucks we have now will be pulling the hills longer thus burning more fuel!Pluswhen leaving the term late there will be no makeing up the time by leaving late soo ---- Late freight!!! I"am just a driver so I guess I dont know what i"am talking about!!But I" ve seen this b4 an it didnt work.Hang in there guys I dont see this lasting more than a couple of months an by then i hope the upper mang. will see this isnt working.

I agree with your arguments, Mayflower: Only problem I see is the 'Government Method' of analyzing results of a change. Use a sharp enuff pencil, or, in this case, byte, and you can make anything look successful. Like others here, I ain't going anywhere else, voluntarily, But if I was a road driver, with lower seniority than 14 years, I'd be gone. Sure, I would find a lot of dead grass across the fence, but I would have fun hunting the good stuff!

then he should document it and bring the
info straight to dave g

skull you know as well as i do they are not going to do squat about this even if the driver was to bring in certified documentation i think that Ken Ad**S who is in charge of the fleet and Jeff Bro**all need to wake up if these guys cant see that we are waseting more fuel and not saving the company money $$$ because fuel is such a big expense then they need to go on down the road and help screw up another company :1036316054: :nutkick: