Yellow | C.O.O. Road driver moving expenses?

To me, There isn't a Trucking Company around worth moving for. But a man never knows until he is in another man's shoes.

But you see i never did move for a trucking company, i moved to gaurantee no layoff so i would build a good pension that was 6500 a month at age 65

But you see i never did move for a trucking company, i moved to gaurantee no layoff so i would build a good pension that was 6500 a month at age 65
I totally understand that, I never had the opportunity to work toward that goal. My Pension was discontinued mid stream . I will have a little bit of one , but not enough to live on. Companies no longer are conserned about your Retirement . I wish the best for all.

I totally understand that, I never had the opportunity to work toward that goal. My Pension was discontinued mid stream . I will have a little bit of one , but not enough to live on. Companies no longer are conserned about your Retirement . I wish the best for all.

See..these are the things that make it confusing since the master freight agreement doesn't say anything about flat rates. They should make it all clear.
When I took a move you had a choice. Take a lump sum or paid moving expenses and 3 months rent. The lump sum worked for me because I already had a house. Obviously if you don't have anything laid out the latter would be smarter.

See..these are the things that make it confusing since the master freight agreement doesn't say anything about flat rates. They should make it all clear.

The contract is very clear, if you want to know about taking a lump sum option, have your BA get you the phone number of the chairman of the change committee. They have always been helpful for me. The contract is intended as a guidline but the change committee makes the final ruling under 8 sec 6 guidance

When I took a move you had a choice. Take a lump sum or paid moving expenses and 3 months rent. The lump sum worked for me because I already had a house. Obviously if you don't have anything laid out the latter would be smarter.
Exactly, carefully calculate possible expenses. You will be given the choice. Circumstances will be different for everyone. Get the most you can.

There is still an issue with utility driver's and retreat rights if this coo fails.Think very hard before you move anywhere and supposedly there are 2 more coo after this one.Be smart and don't get hemmed up somewhere with no where to go.In the south you have southern modified to use if you get laid off

There is still an issue with utility driver's and retreat rights if this coo fails.Think very hard before you move anywhere and supposedly there are 2 more coo after this one.Be smart and don't get hemmed up somewhere with no where to go.In the south you have southern modified to use if you get laid off
You guys are so helpful! I appreciate all the input! Be safe out there if you're anywhere near Irma or recovering from Harvey.

True but also remember they can "starve you too death" and not lay you off because as long as someone is laid off they can't let the shiny wheels run. It's a very hard position to be in. Either move and then get stuck some where you don't really won't to be or stay and take a chance of not working.

True but also remember they can "starve you too death" and not lay you off because as long as someone is laid off they can't let the shiny wheels run. It's a very hard position to be in. Either move and then get stuck some where you don't really won't to be or stay and take a chance of not working.
If they don't lay you off, as long as your available to work, they have a guarantee pay of 40 hours rite? The MOU's didn't change that did they? Don't know, not up to date on the MOU's at YRC.

Do any of you guys know what they pay for lodging/moving expenses...i see what it says in the MFA but my husband thinks they pay a flat rate based on how far you move...HELP!
He's at a losing terminal looking to go into the pool to a gaining terminal.
They pay mileage for you to drive to new location, they usually pay $3500 lodging expenses minus tax, $2500 moving expenses if you move yourself or they will send moving company to move your stuff hope that helps