CA.School bus driver in minor crash arrested for DUI.

They do it all the time, in Ohio.... I do remember as a kid, this fat,rude, donkey driver...was drinking... I had a drunk mom, so I knew what it smelled like. I'm not even driving my 4 wheeler with prescribed pain med's... I have a CDL, "with all the extras"
This lady should be ashamed of her self !

I wonder how many know,now days there are other issues that are also considered in the DUI class.
Driving tired,having a cast on one leg,or an arm,are all DUI violations in some states.
Anytime you are not able to maintain full control of your vehicle the law looks for a way they can charge the operator with any impaired offense.

So you all should store this info in the back of your brains,in case you are ever thinking about driving with any impairment.

Yeah, I've had a few close calls with school bus drivers pulling right out in front of me, even with my headlights on in daytime. I would never allow my kids on one. If it happens again I plan on following the bus to the school and call the police and the school administration down on the driver. No more slack for these clowns. Looking in to buying a portable dash camera too. No way out of video recordings.

As a retired Teamster with 35 years service and one minor accident in 3,000,000 miles I feel pretty qualified to drive a school bus also. However the buses have horrendous blind spots created by the pillar post and mirrors which totally block another vehicle for a second or so which is enough to cause or create an accident. Our district has a number of retired/out of work truckers driving as well as firemen who drive fire engines at work and buses on their off days!! You have good and bad drivers in any industry as anybody who has spent much time on the road knows. Our district and all in this state do multiple frequent RDTs and somtimes a few are eliminated on the spot!! Stats prove school buses are safest form of ground transportation,rated several times safer than cars and commercial buses. In a wreck the chassis hold up very well due to the way they are constructed. We are scrutinized on the SB far more than I ever was working for trucking firms. If any of you are aware are see any unsafe act by a school bus driver please get the bus number and call the district transportation director and report it. I assure they will take action up to including dismissal. Many buses now have GPS and new camera systems which focus on the driver also as well as the students. They transmit driving speeds and stop times ,Etc.

Pigman440 I will say you are so right on with your post.
I retired last year after 45 years of being a city driver.
My wife is in her 25th year of being a school bus driver.
She is number 3 out of a little over 70 drivers.
I would not want any part of her job as she has way more regulations transporting kids then any of us truckers ever had with dry freight.

She is a few years younger than me,but she loves what she does.
I say good for you honey.

As a retired Teamster with 35 years service and one minor accident in 3,000,000 miles I feel pretty qualified to drive a school bus also. However the buses have horrendous blind spots created by the pillar post and mirrors which totally block another vehicle for a second or so which is enough to cause or create an accident. Our district has a number of retired/out of work truckers driving as well as firemen who drive fire engines at work and buses on their off days!! You have good and bad drivers in any industry as anybody who has spent much time on the road knows. Our district and all in this state do multiple frequent RDTs and somtimes a few are eliminated on the spot!! Stats prove school buses are safest form of ground transportation,rated several times safer than cars and commercial buses. In a wreck the chassis hold up very well due to the way they are constructed. We are scrutinized on the SB far more than I ever was working for trucking firms. If any of you are aware are see any unsafe act by a school bus driver please get the bus number and call the district transportation director and report it. I assure they will take action up to including dismissal. Many buses now have GPS and new camera systems which focus on the driver also as well as the students. They transmit driving speeds and stop times ,Etc.

I know you mean well, Pigman, but I once saw a Disabled School Van driver blow right through a red light while speeding 10 MPG over the limit, maybe more. I followed in my car and got the description of the driver and the plates, as well as time and location.

Called the school district dispatch and reported it to them. Told them to call me back on my cell phone, so I could confirm that they had the driver pinched. They never called back and pretended I never called in the first place.

Next time, I am giving chase while calling the police on my cell phone and make an incident out of this crap. That could be one of our kids on these vans and buses, for pete's sake.

In the Columbus area the city of Columbus uses alot of contracters such as Laidlaw,Peterman,Community Bus Service and so on. The city untill this year let them regulate themselves so there were a lot of problems . There has been a severe shortage of bus drivers which led some of them to hire people that probably shouldn't have been hired. Many of the agencies that transport with these wheelchair vans are as much of a bus driver as are some truckers that slipped through the cracks when companies couldn't fill seats. Hence sad as it is as you say some are driving vans/buses that shouldn't be. Being a retired trucker I loved the industry and do not want to smear all of thousand of good professional drivers out there. However in my daily 135 mile route which includes about 40 miles of interstates around town I still see many drivers that have no business in a truck and are a hazard to anyone near them. They think nothing of tailgating with in 20 feet of a school bus loaded with kids doing 65 MPH. (Yes we are now allowed to go 65 since Ohio raised their limits). What you want see areschool buses doing u-turns on 4-lane streets regardless of traffic,parking in driving lanes to figure out where they are and many other dangerous infractions that I and you no doubt see. All I can say is drive carefully with the best care you can. At all of the large districts in the Columbus area despite a shortage of drivers they carefully screen and weed out the undesirables. Good job as in our case we get free insurance,starting pay of $16.73 which progresses to $22.00 plus per hour and lot of hours! When it snows too much we sit home and get paid,trucking company used to tell us "you are a professional 4 season driver-hit the road "

In the Columbus area the city of Columbus uses alot of contracters such as Laidlaw,Peterman,Community Bus Service and so on. The city untill this year let them regulate themselves so there were a lot of problems . There has been a severe shortage of bus drivers which led some of them to hire people that probably shouldn't have been hired. Many of the agencies that transport with these wheelchair vans are as much of a bus driver as are some truckers that slipped through the cracks when companies couldn't fill seats. Hence sad as it is as you say some are driving vans/buses that shouldn't be. Being a retired trucker I loved the industry and do not want to smear all of thousand of good professional drivers out there. However in my daily 135 mile route which includes about 40 miles of interstates around town I still see many drivers that have no business in a truck and are a hazard to anyone near them. They think nothing of tailgating with in 20 feet of a school bus loaded with kids doing 65 MPH. (Yes we are now allowed to go 65 since Ohio raised their limits). What you want see areschool buses doing u-turns on 4-lane streets regardless of traffic,parking in driving lanes to figure out where they are and many other dangerous infractions that I and you no doubt see. All I can say is drive carefully with the best care you can. At all of the large districts in the Columbus area despite a shortage of drivers they carefully screen and weed out the undesirables. Good job as in our case we get free insurance,starting pay of $16.73 which progresses to $22.00 plus per hour and lot of hours! When it snows too much we sit home and get paid,trucking company used to tell us "you are a professional 4 season driver-hit the road "

Sounds like a good deal to me.

I hate chaining up, but we have three Mtn. passes in this part of the state that need chaining up when its snowing, so's I put my thick gloves on and just do it. A little frostbite never killed anyone has it? :biglaugh: