FedEx Freight | Cab Noise

Reminds me of the movie Tin Cup. All the doo dads to help a non golfer golf. You can either drive truck or you can't. I'm thankful my lane deviation doesn't work. Thankful I got out of a ghost braking Freightshaker. Wondering why all the money is spent on this gear that doesn't work properly for very long.

Can you warn me if my blood pressure is too high? Temperature? Sugar level? Why not?
Give it time and I’m sure it’ll be available...blood pressure, sugar, or temperature spikes and the truck automatically drives itself to the shoulder and shuts off, then alerts first responders, DMV, and Central Dispatch of the situation...

New city Peterbilts have no crash bells only the horn when door is opened before the brakes are set. Peace and quiet for the last 2 years.

You and Red need to trade your trophy trucks for an old screaming 8V71 with no AC, keep the window down and
listen to those recaps singing on the asphalt, you won't hear those beeps I'll bet.
If it’s my trophy truck, then it’s a buzzin dozen.
But since I’m a city guy, a 6-71 would be music to my ears....

Redracer3316 in another thread topic got me to thinking about something. I would like to know how many people if any feel that all the warning sounds buzzers beeps and chirps that we hear daily is increasing their anxiety level when you should be taking a measured non panic approach to a possible situation. Over the course of the some days this adds up to the point I just want to stop and get out of the truck and no I don't tailgate or ask for trouble but I can't control when someone is going to get in front me and slow down unexpectedly or when a crooked fog line pops up. I personally feel I spend more time trying to keep the cab quiet when I should be focused on whats in front and on the side of me. I'm NOT trying to start another victim movement I want to know if anyone else feels like this. Its been proven that certain sounds and tones can affect your health by raising your stress levels. I realize this is not going away but it is in its infancy and maybe the sounds and tones can be changed of softened.
I thought it was Tinnitus

It's funny because I have a 2007 mid size SUV that I don't want to get rid of because I don't want electronic devises screaming at me constantly. I know how to drive. Plus when that stuff breaks it is very expensive to fix. My sister is dealing with this now on a relatively new car with an expired warranty.

I recently found out that the car I drive has increased in value because there is a booming market for people who want basic cars without these components. Regardless I'll have to replace it sooner or later (hopefully with a used car that isn't named KITT) because of the miles I have on it. I'm hoping to find a good used basic car from about five years ago.

It's funny because I have a 2007 mid size SUV that I don't want to get rid of because I don't want electronic devises screaming at me constantly. I know how to drive. Plus when that stuff breaks it is very expensive to fix. My sister is dealing with this now on a relatively new car with an expired warranty.

I recently found out that the car I drive has increased in value because there is a booming market for people who want basic cars without these components. Regardless I'll have to replace it sooner or later (hopefully with a used car that isn't named KITT) because of the miles I have on it. I'm hoping to find a good used basic car from about five years ago.
That’s exactly why I drive on old beat up ‘06 Silverado...well, that and it’s paid for!! :1036316054:

That’s exactly why I drive on old beat up ‘06 Silverado...well, that and it’s paid for!! :1036316054:
My year old Fiat doesn't scream at me. But then while it does have an "infotainment" system in it it's otherwise pretty electronically simple for a modern car. After all, it's only about seven feet long and four feet wide. Only so much ::shit:: you can fit into something that small.

BD, just wait till you get a newer truck, there will be a message in the computer screen "hello Big Dave, I'm your onboard computer, HAL, model 9000".
Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!