Yellow | "Cadillac" of Trucking Terminals to be Closed by YRCW

That's no joke. I usualy get a ride all the way to the office with security, instead of walking. Then they put you up at a decent motel too.

If you want to see a real a real AMC Pacer of a dock, go to 326, the Yellow terminal on 40 Hwy. in Kansas City. It's built on an old landfill. It has the roughest dock there could possibly be. Too many potholes in the yard to be filled, so they throw old tire chains in the holes to fill them. The breakroom is in the basement, so there's no ventilation. And yes, I've personally seen it flood during a rainstorm. There's even a 10 foot deep sinkhole in the parking lot that's been there since March or April. And for you certain types, there are hookers everywhere up and down 40 Hwy.

I can't wait to get recalled. Yeah right, like that will ever happen.

If you want to see a real a real AMC Pacer of a dock, go to 326, the Yellow terminal on 40 Hwy. in Kansas City. It's built on an old landfill. It has the roughest dock there could possibly be. Too many potholes in the yard to be filled, so they throw old tire chains in the holes to fill them. The breakroom is in the basement, so there's no ventilation. And yes, I've personally seen it flood during a rainstorm. There's even a 10 foot deep sinkhole in the parking lot that's been there since March or April. And for you certain types, there are hookers everywhere up and down 40 Hwy.

I can't wait to get recalled. Yeah right, like that will ever happen.

Yes - I used to think 342 had a rough dock....nothing compared to 326. Our local maintainace guys started pulling up track from the drag line in May and filling them in. I will say they are doing a decent job, but they have managed to only go about 15 doors! I don't know we didn't hire a vendor to come in and get it done in two or three weeks?

at 653 charlotte they pulled up the track and never filled it in . its like driving down a rail road track. imposable to put boxes on a skid and go down dock with out stopping 2 or 3 times to pick them up . and it will kill your back too!!!

Everyone knows that the gem of the system is the 135 Harrisburg Pa barn. Over 400 doors and a very well layed out yard plenty of employee parking. More then enough shop and fuel pumped in direct from the pipe line.

it should be

Everyone knows that the gem of the system is the 135 Harrisburg Pa barn. Over 400 doors and a very well layed out yard plenty of employee parking. More then enough shop and fuel pumped in direct from the pipe line.
It should be the cadi. Isn't that whole Industrial Park owned by YRC? Roadway Industrial Park, right?

Hey tatertottat3. What ever happened to the old Holland barn in Harrisburg. I had a line haul/utility gig at one time and my run was from Allentown to Harrisburg work the dock then back every night. The Harrisburg barn was an open dock and so damn cold in the winter. I get the chills just thinking about it.

It is at the end of Roadway drive but no they don't own it. At one time I would have told you that they owned it, but come to find out that they do lease it.

At one time roadway owned everything from the red light back to turnpike to 81. The property they bought was everything that has been developed. Don't know if they still own any of it or not. can't find anything ever stated it has been sold.

If they do lease it? From who?

Hey tatertottat3. What ever happened to the old Holland barn in Harrisburg. I had a line haul/utility gig at one time and my run was from Allentown to Harrisburg work the dock then back every night. The Harrisburg barn was an open dock and so damn cold in the winter. I get the chills just thinking about it.

I went by there not to long ago. It was empty at that time.

The 257/RFO (old Preston) terminal only has about 170 dock doors and only 4 shop bays. The dock is not very wide and the doors are so close together that to safely spot a trailer a yard horse should be used. The 211 facility in Copley would be closer to being described as a "Cadillac" of a terminal than 257.

What makes this terminal a "Cadillac" is its location.
Fire up your Google satellite maps, folks, and take a bird's-eye gander (2977 Brecksville Road Richfield, OH)
You will see that this terminal intersects:
I-77
I-271
I-80 (Ohio Turnpike)

This terminal is redundant from YRC's point of view as they possess the larger Cleveland barn a stone's throw up the road.
But the RFO terminal could be a gold mine to another LTL due to it's strategic location.

If you listen to the Roadway logic, They were the best trucking company bar none, they had the best equipment, ( sterling's with jiff-locks) and there dispatchers knew how to run freight. Give me a break!!!