XPO | California drivers , what's going on with the mileage pay?

Lunches are not paid time, just breaks. 10 minutes per break. If you go over twelve you get a second lunch and a third break
As far as you can tell , will you make more money , stay the same , or less?

Also , did any management say if this solution was final or will they try the hourly deal later on?

And by the way , thank you for the information Prezars.

As far as you can tell , will you make more money , stay the same , or less?

Also , did any management say if this solution was final or will they try the hourly deal later on?

And by the way , thank you for the information Prezars.
As near as I can figure my pay hasn't changed by much. There's is a lot of confusion going on. Some terminals are enforcing the second lunch others are not. I think the company lawyers need to study the issue and put everyone on the same page

As near as I can figure my pay hasn't changed by much. There's is a lot of confusion going on. Some terminals are enforcing the second lunch others are not. I think the company lawyers need to study the issue and put everyone on the same page

At Con-way that would make sense. At XPO .... if they do this here, do they do that there ? Does container effect LTL or the TL ? Are there different rules for everyone ?

How does this effect a driver from out of state making a delivery in Cali ? Does he/she have to run Cali Style all the time ? Or just while in Cali ?

At Con-way that would make sense. At XPO .... if they do this here, do they do that there ? Does container effect LTL or the TL ? Are there different rules for everyone ?

How does this effect a driver from out of state making a delivery in Cali ? Does he/she have to run Cali Style all the time ? Or just while in Cali ?
Only drivers domiciled in California are subject to this law while in CA. Drivers domiciled out of CA are not subject to it

Only drivers domiciled in California are subject to this law while in CA. Drivers domiciled out of CA are not subject to it

So your pay ain't changing much, but the time it takes you to complete a day is getting longer and longer. A 13 hour day has 3 10 minute and two 30 minute breaks or lunches making it a 14 1/2 hour day ?

So your pay ain't changing much, but the time it takes you to complete a day is getting longer and longer. A 13 hour day has 3 10 minute and two 30 minute breaks or lunches making it a 14 1/2 hour day ?
Yes, any gains made by the paid breaks are lost by the second lunch. A 12.25 hour day takes me 14 and I have to rush to stay under that or use my extension. For me it sucks, for drivers that had a lot of wait time ( container haulers, meet drivers) its a windfall

Yes, any gains made by the paid breaks are lost by the second lunch. A 12.25 hour day takes me 14 and I have to rush to stay under that or use my extension. For me it sucks, for drivers that had a lot of wait time ( container haulers, meet drivers) its a windfall

I'm thinking if something like this were to spread nationwide. It would ruin a lot of runs.

(Speculation on my part)
I would guess that line haul would make the higher dollar amount while rolling down the road, but when they enter a terminal yard, everything after that would drop down to the city driver pay rate.
at will drivers could have their hourly rate lowered to protect profits!

easy fix here, lets go back to the 12 hr logs,you would think giving up half our day should be enuff

Reactions: Ump
well i have these wonderful tires because of cali law! and i cant live any further away than i am now without having to kiss the queen, but then again corporate lives on a one way street, dont they!

What's that got to do with XPO?

The lawsuit in SoCal about misclassification.

The new container weight mandate that goes into effect 7-1-2016.

Jacobs wanting to add economy freight to the old Con-way. That will increase rail and container use.

I don't know. But it seems to me it has a lot to do with XPO.

The lawsuit in SoCal about misclassification.

The new container weight mandate that goes into effect 7-1-2016.

Jacobs wanting to add economy freight to the old Con-way. That will increase rail and container use.

I don't know. But it seems to me it has a lot to do with XPO.
I still can not see the connection between Uber and XPO. XPO "leases" their trucks to the drivers Uber does not. Uber is not a regulated industry XPO is, Uber does not dispatch drivers XPO does. Apples and hand grenades

All those drivers working for themselves, might very likely soon be working for XPO.
Personally Highspeeds , I wouldn't get too excited by this Uber ruling in California. Various groups and individuals have been going after the private contractor business model in court in California and other states for quite sometime - with limited success.

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...n_to_settle_long_running_calif._independent_c

With FedEx settling the lawsuit mentioned in the article , it created a "How To" guide for avoiding lawsuits and large settlements and keeping the independent contractor business model.

Personally Highspeeds , I wouldn't get too excited by this Uber ruling in California. Various groups and individuals have been going after the private contractor business model in court in California and other states for quite sometime - with limited success.

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...n_to_settle_long_running_calif._independent_c

With FedEx settling the lawsuit mentioned in the article , it created a "How To" guide for avoiding lawsuits and large settlements and keeping the independent contractor business model.

Good point. How long until the Californian regime realize that they left a loop hole in their intentions ?

I'm guessing they already know and intend to close it.

It matters to me for a lot of reasons , but one is really important - It makes Linehaul pay and City Driver/ P&D pay an apples to apples comparison. ( if LTL companies start paying by the hour for ALL driving jobs AND have to keep the pay near what it was for mileage that's huge )

I would like to know how XPO Logistics is handling this. States tend to copy one another when it comes to laws.
I don't think that's going to happen. You'd never find road drivers if city paid $35.00 an hour. And no road driver is gonna run nights for $25.00 an hour.
This is gonna be interesting to say the least.