ABF | Call Backs

Tater Chip

TB Lurker
Credits
I was told that 004 has called back all their line drivers. I was told this at the Union Meeting was just had, that the freight is picking up for us especially out of 004. Which I think is very good.:1036316054:

At 051, I believe we had 15 laid off road drivers at one point. I think they recalled 4 of them a couple of weeks ago. We still have about 15 off of the dock,4 off of the yard and 6 laid off out of the city. Everyone is working 5 days but they won't put anyone on. Two weeks ago we actually qualified 1 city driver back on but they laid him off the following week. This is a pretty shotty business to be in but once you get used to the good money it is hard to leave. I have been laid off since December but my phone rings almost every morning at 5AM. I guess it is cheaper to pay a guy to call another guy then to give him a set start time and a 40 hour guarantee. I wonder if someone calls Big Bad Bob D. to wake him every morning to tell him to come in at 8!!:hysterical:

I was told that 004 has called back all their line drivers. I was told this at the Union Meeting was just had, that the freight is picking up for us especially out of 004. Which I think is very good.:1036316054:
Here at 004 all of our road drivers are back to work, but we still have 10 dock employees laid off. Like at 051, we had 5 more work back on this week but given another layoff slip at the end of the week. It does appear that the freight is starting to pick up a little, but then again we have like 8 or 9 city drivers on vacation this week for the truck rodeo so alot of the available work is just replacements for these 8 or 9.