XPO | Call in sick and pto

My understanding us that if you call off you must use PTO if you have it. If they ask you or our forced to sit then it your choice. Either way you can't got into the negative

I can’t wait to see what happens later this year when I don’t have enough time banked to take a scheduled vacation. I’m planning to cancel one week if I have to so it won’t be a big deal and it’s not in the summer so it won’t screw someone else that wanted the week. I bet a lot of people will be canceling weeks?

I can’t wait to see what happens later this year when I don’t have enough time banked to take a scheduled vacation. I’m planning to cancel one week if I have to so it won’t be a big deal and it’s not in the summer so it won’t screw someone else that wanted the week. I bet a lot of people will be canceling weeks?
You can still go negative 40 this year but you have to be at least to zero before the end of the year, then no more negative in 2019.

They can burn your PTO for any absence. Sick time, additional bereavement, STD, FMLA. Anything.
We have been told if you leave for a Dr appointment after only working say 6 hrs, they can take 2 PTO hrs. Whatever it takes to make an 8 hr day.

I tried reading part of that when a flex driver bumped me from my linehaul spot. Each barn has a different way of doing things. Same since I started here. That book is written in pencil! But thanks.

Ever been to a barn that puts the chocks on the passenger side ? Ever been to a barn where they put the chocks on the driver side ? And they both tell you, it's policy. If they can't even understand that and do it uniformly, what makes you believe they will do anything right ?

Last edited:
Ever been to a barn that puts the chocks on the passenger side ? Ever been to a barn where they put the chocks on the driver side ? And they both tell you, it's policy. If they can't even understand that and do it uniformly, what makes you believe they will anything right ?
One hand does not now what the others doing. Not only do they lack communication with their employees they are horrid at running or establishing a functional management structure.

One hand does not now what the others doing. Not only do they lack communication with their employees they are horrid at running or establishing a functional management structure.

Can't establish a " functional management structure " ( sure don't believe you are a truck driver, city kid ) when they are all quitting and getting fired or forced to retire. They are actively eliminating the very thing you speak of.