XPO | Call in sick and pto

My wife's is use it or lose it by her anniversary date every year. This at least keeps everyone from trying to burn PTO at the same time and during the holidays each year. But still, she holds a couple days as " just in case " that need to be spent that last week. She works under a bargained agreement. So don't anyone start your " a union would stop that " :horseshit:.
I have some experience with a "use it or lose it" place.

The policy works as long as there is staffing to cover time off. Large nationwide , global company. The policy was altered periodically ( in favor of the employees ) when there was a shortage of people to cover vacation time and it was impossible to schedule time off.

At XPO Logistics , some locations ( a lot of locations? ) don't have the people to cover time off adequately so time off may be blocked. That sets up a "get a lawyer" scenario to me if it is a "use it or lose it" deal but you aren't allowed to use it.

I have some experience with a "use it or lose it" place.

The policy works as long as there is staffing to cover time off. Large nationwide , global company. The policy was altered periodically ( in favor of the employees ) when there was a shortage of people to cover vacation time and it was impossible to schedule time off.

At XPO Logistics , some locations ( a lot of locations? ) don't have the people to cover time off adequately so time off may be blocked. That sets up a "get a lawyer" scenario to me if it is a "use it or lose it" deal but you aren't allowed to use it.

There have been issues with similar situations at her employer. The boss said he couldn't afford to give the time off to someone. The employee called corporate. Was given the time off and the management were instructed to do a better job of working with people to get their time spent. So, really. No change. Just a deal with it response. But at the employee's end, they didn't lose their PTO.