Holland | Called back thread

Boilerpeddle

Drawing found in trailer
Credits
I was going to put this in one of the various layoff threads but I decided to be optimistic and start a "called back thread"
And start it off with:
6 people got call back letters today in IN.

I was going to put this in one of the various layoff threads but I decided to be optimistic and start a "called back thread"
And start it off with:
6 people got call back letters today in IN.

Good idea, I hope to see a lot of posts on this thread........."Keep the faith"

Glad to see some folks coming back. Crossing my fingers that means the economy is getting better.

Are these call-backs due to increased business or summertime vacation replacements?

I know Holland hired a bunch of new guys last summer then laid them off in the fall.

5 in JO

5 city called back in JO., due to the new formula. Sinced they were forced to call them back and otherwise would not have, we will see if they will play games by laying off again, calling back when forced, laying off, etc...

Great to see that freight is picking up somewhere. Out here in the west they are laying off harder than ever :hyper: Send us some freight we need it.

No road drivers called back in St.Louis either. Although, they called me today to see if I wanted to come in and work the city today. So, maybe things are picking up for P&D, or there is a bike ride going on, and most of the city guys called in today. Seen that before. But I think it takes a lot of nerve, to lay off road drivers, put their family in a bind, then call them to help them out of a bind when too many city guys call in sick. Almost always on a Monday or Friday. UH, DON'T THINK SO!!!

5 city called back in GR 4/21. 5 more on 4/28.Union is holding them to the new OT formula.
Up here in Gaylord Michigan, we have a letter from the Union saying that we have requested the numbers for the overtime calculation. The letter states that the information has been requested by certified mail. It also states that the company will get grievances from every laid off employee that should have been called back,reguardless of how long the company delays. One month into this contract and we STILL do not have the numbers for the calculation. We know for sure that the company WILL be paying out grievances, because we know for sure that our o/t numbers have been way over the 25%. Why the company will not get us the numbers? Who knows. I hate to speculate. But, why does GR have their numbers, but we don't?