Holland | Called back thread

Alot of line haul were called in this week to work on a "Temporary basis"or soft layoff, not a permenant call back. Its probably just for the end of the month freight .

NF-I'm not sure if our stewards got the numbers from the company or just did the math themselves.they filed a grievance right away,and the callback letters went out the 1st. week.Heard a little grumbling at the end of last week about the co. not wanting to give out the #s but on Wednesday called 5 more back.I'll ask a steward Monday just exactly what they did.Won't be able to get back to you until late PM.You'd think being the same local your steward could get the same results.Maybe should just file ASAP?

Up here in Gaylord Michigan, we have a letter from the Union saying that we have requested the numbers for the overtime calculation. The letter states that the information has been requested by certified mail. It also states that the company will get grievances from every laid off employee that should have been called back,reguardless of how long the company delays. One month into this contract and we STILL do not have the numbers for the calculation. We know for sure that the company WILL be paying out grievances, because we know for sure that our o/t numbers have been way over the 25%. Why the company will not get us the numbers? Who knows. I hate to speculate. But, why does GR have their numbers, but we don't?

wont give us numbers too. UNION stood up and said N O W and I think 5 or 6 got there letter of return. But not me. Still laid off LO CITY

Our BA requested the O/T numbers after the first week was complete. They just passed the buck back and forth between the labor rep. and the TM, but neither would get us the info. Our BA let them know in writing, that if they want to stonewall us, they can, but they still will pay grievances in the long run. We cannot force them to give us the payroll numbers.(which is the most acurate numbers we can get) We are used to this type of cooperation from the company up here. This is how all issues get resolved up here. Grievances, and long delays getting them resolved. I wonder why everyone up here has such a bad attitude?????HHHMMMM.:eck13:

Our BA requested the O/T numbers after the first week was complete. They just passed the buck back and forth between the labor rep. and the TM, but neither would get us the info.

I understand that they are supposed to give this info according to the contract.

What I do not understand that Gaylord being a smaller terminal, it should not be that hard for the steward and the BA to ask each city man about his hrs and file on that.

How many city men are working in Gaylord?

call back

[/FON

3 city called back last week in jackson mi rumor 4-5 more next week 5-5-08. good luck to all this has been quite a crock of ::shit:: if you ask me.

Our BA requested the O/T numbers after the first week was complete. They just passed the buck back and forth between the labor rep. and the TM, but neither would get us the info.

I understand that they are supposed to give this info according to the contract.

What I do not understand that Gaylord being a smaller terminal, it should not be that hard for the steward and the BA to ask each city man about his hrs and file on that.

How many city men are working in Gaylord?
We have 22 city guys right now. 12 laid-off. It is a little tougher than just asking the drivers how many hours they had though. We have several pieces of trash up here that would not give us their accurate hours, because they try to hide their greed. We are trying to get accurate information in reguards to ALL man hours. Vacation, personal days, birthdays, 10%ers, etc. We are being told that this is a fair/easy request for the company to produce the numbers. But they are stonewalling us. According to GR, the main office has easy access to this exact information, yet they will not comply. GR even received the first weeks print out for GR. However, when the big boys found out that the numbers were given out, they put a halt to it immediately. Now I understand that GR can't even get their numbers. I guess they can delay as long as they want. But, this WILL end up at the state panel. And they WILL pay the greivances. Little old Gaylord has approx. 20 grievances heading for the panel on Tuesday. For a small terminal, that seems like a pretty large number. That seems to be what the company wants though, since they won't take care of anything in a timely manner.:chairshot:

For this GREAT company NOT giving up the information of the OVERTIME %. :butt kiss::nutkick: Do you even know how a union works? Do you know what the proper chain of procedeure is? A STRIKE VOTE is NOT the first course of action.Maybe you should read the contract and local supplement before you call for a STRIKE VOTE, but thanks for the butt kiss and nutkick. It shows you can at least turn on a computer>

Hey guys, how's thing going? Just wanted to say everyone got there "Call back" letter in LO this week of 5-5 to 5-9 I got my call back letter Thursday 5-8 and guess what I got a Layoff letter Firday 5-9 man this really suck:chairshot::nutkick:

USFBOY their doing our bottom 20 the same way. Work 2 weeks and get 1 week off. Most are getting 3 days for bennies. Frt is picking up in ME. Benny are you MIA or what? PM me if you get a chance. GRIZZ

USFBOY their doing our bottom 20 the same way. Work 2 weeks and get 1 week off. Most are getting 3 days for bennies. Frt is picking up in ME. Benny are you MIA or what? PM me if you get a chance. GRIZZ

Yeah but I worked 1 (ONE) with the call back, and then the next day got layed off

Hey guys, how's thing going? Just wanted to say everyone got there "Call back" letter in LO this week of 5-5 to 5-9 I got my call back letter Thursday 5-8 and guess what I got a Layoff letter Firday 5-9 man this really suck:chairshot::nutkick:
This is the YRC "team building" concept. :chairshot: I hear people saying that they are trying to get the laid-off people to just quit the company out of anger. Then it will be quicker to get their 4 hour casuals in. You could surely make that case. The question is...... Is that their goal or are they just that unorganized?

This is the YRC "team building" concept. :chairshot: I hear people saying that they are trying to get the laid-off people to just quit the company out of anger. Then it will be quicker to get their 4 hour casuals in. You could surely make that case. The question is...... Is that their goal or are they just that unorganized?

Well Im not going anywhere cuz IM A MOTHER /////// TEAMSTER!!!! and IM hanging in there:punk:

I hate to post anything positive (seems everyone wants doom and gloom) holland called back 2 linehaul driver in dayton 5/25/08:funky: