Holland | Called back thread

I hate to post anything positive (seems everyone wants doom and gloom) holland called back 2 linehaul driver in dayton 5/25/08:funky:
What? No way. That must be because they're getting ready to lay off 20 or 25. Just kidding dgfcby. Point well taken on the negativity rules here now thing.

Well I got called back at FW four weeks ago and have worked two weeks and I have not worked a full week yet. So I think that they are trying to get us to quit.

The last 2 city guys on layoff had their recall letters mailed out yesterday in DS, we've been pushing the 50 hour rule/overtime language to some success, but finally their all back. JR:chairshot:

The last 2 city guys on layoff had their recall letters mailed out yesterday in DS, we've been pushing the 50 hour rule/overtime language to some success, but finally their all back. JR:chairshot:
Hey Boomer, How do you guys get any numbers from the company about the 25% overtime rule? The company has refused to give us any info. on the 25% rule. Our BA has sent them a letter to inform the company that they will pay grievances from the beginning of the contract, reguardless of how long they delay, based on our terminal being over the 25%. They still have not given us any numbers. Just curious how you have received accurate numbers, and how you were successful. We have not been able to force them to bring guys back yet. :duh:

We have been over the 25% every week since the first week of the new 2008-2013 contract. Everybody was called back but they're still messing with the bottom 3 or 4 guys from week to week. They lay them off and recall them about every other week even though the numbers say different. YRC/Holland will be paying for their deeds in the near future and they know it. They were laid off last week but they are called back Monday, lol. What a joke, they're working every day anyway.

Hey Boomer, How do you guys get any numbers from the company about the 25% overtime rule? The company has refused to give us any info. on the 25% rule. Our BA has sent them a letter to inform the company that they will pay grievances from the beginning of the contract, reguardless of how long they delay, based on our terminal being over the 25%. They still have not given us any numbers. Just curious how you have received accurate numbers, and how you were successful. We have not been able to force them to bring guys back yet. :duh:
We filed grievances every week plus the local reps came over to "advise" our TM and Holland of possible repercussions if they didn't follow the contract.

We filed grievances every week plus the local reps came over to "advise" our TM and Holland of possible repercussions if they didn't follow the contract.
Our BA filed a grievance with a letter attatched to it saying that time limits will mean nothing, because of the companies delay giving us the info. And that there WILL be grievances filed for every lost hour when a man wasn't working, but should have been. I guess our BA is just waiting for the numbers, then big bucks will be exchanged. I personally, would force their hand, but thats just me. Our BA is tired of contacting this bunghole TM that we have. I still think that we will have the last laugh when (IF) we do get the numbers. Since this 25% rule is in the contract, shouldn't it be manditory for them to give us the numbers?:BS:

Two more called back in the city effective Monday. Leaves 11 layed off and an ad in the paper for 4 hour casuals.
I wanted this to be a positive thread but there is no good news for our road men. Still a bunch layed off maybe even more this week, I don't know the numbers.

From what Ive seen in Joliet was part formula and the other part was as soon as management heard that a few guys found employment elsewhere and were not coming back they would issue a call back forcing them guys to resign then they heard a few more laid off wouldnt be back so they called them back forced to resign. So what there doing is getting rid of laid off guys and preparing to hire $14 hr pond scum to replace these guys. Thanks Jimmy for the great contract!!!!!!!! The union freight business will look like UPS 5 years from now. But what does the unions care there still collecting h&w for the $14hr ***** and not giving them benefits or pension time. Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the reason unions were formed were to get decent wages and benefits for the employees and now they are allowing this. Jimmy senior is rolling in his grave or wherever he maybe buried.

From what Ive seen in Joliet was part formula and the other part was as soon as management heard that a few guys found employment elsewhere and were not coming back they would issue a call back forcing them guys to resign then they heard a few more laid off wouldnt be back so they called them back forced to resign. So what there doing is getting rid of laid off guys and preparing to hire $14 hr pond scum to replace these guys. Thanks Jimmy for the great contract!!!!!!!! The union freight business will look like UPS 5 years from now. But what does the unions care there still collecting h&w for the $14hr ***** and not giving them benefits or pension time. Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the reason unions were formed were to get decent wages and benefits for the employees and now they are allowing this. Jimmy senior is rolling in his grave or wherever he maybe buried.

Thats all part of the master plan it seems to me. From what I'm told by several different people, thats what they're doing almost every where. Get as many people to quit and open up the jobs for less paid and less qualified people. The 14.00 an hour people won't have the security that we as full-time qualified people have. Don't look for any new full-time people to be added to the bottom of the seniority board for a long while. They're be able to pressure the 14.00 casuals to work like maniacs, to get to work more days than other casuals. In turn I'm sure we'll all hear how, if these people can get so much done then why can't we do the same? We, as regular employee's, all have to do the same work, an honest days work for an honest days pay, period. Maybe it will all work out but I'm not holding my breath.

They're be able to pressure the 14.00 casuals to work like maniacs, to get to work more days than other casuals. In turn I'm sure we'll all hear how, if these people can get so much done then why can't we do the same? .

I gotta disagree with you there Benny. At least around here all our "good" casuals have long since found employment at competitors. And "good" is relative of course. If the best we could get for 17 something are no longer going to be available to us then we sure aren't going to attract better ones for 14.00
The new casuals are gonna be cheap and worth every penny.

I gotta disagree with you there Benny. At least around here all our "good" casuals have long since found employment at competitors. And "good" is relative of course. If the best we could get for 17 something are no longer going to be available to us then we sure aren't going to attract better ones for 14.00
The new casuals are gonna be cheap and worth every penny.

I don't disagree with you Boilerpeddle, you're right. My point was that they will try and use these people for anything and everything if they can find enough to do it. I agree that if they get them to do anything for the amount they're paying, it will be worth every penny that it costs them. I think that most of us here in LO think they will try to do away with all regular dock jobs and fill them with the 14.00 an hour people in the next few years. I think that most of the people that they get will be people that are needing extra money for the added expenses because of the uncertain economy and high gas prices. I may be wrong, but the type casual I was referring to are people that will apply that are going to be working two or more jobs and need to make extra money, the honest way, by working. If its a younger person then it may be a different story, time will tell us how it plays out. Don't forget about people that come from other trades with warehouse experience that have retired and now find that they need extra money too. We to have none of our "good" casuals left either.

Big Papa 4 hour casuals work well for UPS. Their pay is also about 3 dollars an hour lower. I don't think the casuals coming in now days are worth more than 14.00 dollars. All men are now back on in Memphis. Real busy day Friday. GRIZZ